|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Luke have?
(a) A paper route
(b) He sells magazines
(c) He sells produce
(d) He works with is father
2. How does Jennings tell Eugene to collect on some accounts?
(a) Get Ben to help him
(b) Use a gun
(c) Take it in trade
(d) Use his fists
3. What does Ben really want to do?
(a) Start his own newspaper
(b) Move to New Orleans
(c) Go to war
(d) Become a war correspondent
4. What best describes Eugene's attitude toward sports?
(a) He is a awesome athelete
(b) He hates sports but could be a great player
(c) He loves sports but is not very good himself
(d) He hates sports because he is not very good
5. In this chapter the positive influence of what woman is highlighted?
(a) Mrs. Selbourne
(b) Mrs. Leonard
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eugene's principal's name?
2. What does Guy Doak do for Eugene?
3. What else has Eugene memorized?
4. Who is the woman from South Carolina who comes to Altamont to stay during the summer and lives at the rooming house?
5. What happens to Daisy in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Ben's attitude about the war.
2. How do you think the amount of travel which Eugene is a part of as a child, effects his later years?
3. Do you think that the fact that Eugene is so young when he goes off to college has any effect on him?
4. Why do you think Eugene went to his father to get money for his trip to Virginia?
5. What do you think is the significance of Ben's abrupt disappearance in the final chapter?
6. Why do you think Eliza continues to allow Gant to come to Dixieland?
7. Why do you think all of the Gant boys seem to want to go to war?
8. What is the significance of Eugene going to Virginia?
9. Briefly describe Eugene's experience as a paper boy.
10. Why do you think Eugene does not tell the Leonards about his job as a paper boy?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)