|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eugene move in the spring?
(a) New Orleans
(c) South Carolina
2. How old is Eugene when he enters college?
(a) About 18
(b) About 22
(c) About 16
(d) About 20
3. What response does Eugene get to his question, "Where is the world."
(a) All around us
(b) In our hearts
(d) Nowhere - You are the world
4. Which of the following women is not one who goes on the trip with Eugene?
(c) Mrs. Bowden
5. What is going to happen to the shop?
(a) It will soon be sold
(b) It will reopen with Luke running it
(c) It will be replaced by a skyscraper
(d) It will become a shrine to Ben
6. When the undertaker fixes Ben's body, what is Eugene's reaction?
(a) He thanks the undertaker
(b) He is still displeased
(c) He and Luke get into an argument
(d) He laughs hysterically
7. What happens to Eugene?
(a) He cannot perform sexually
(b) He gets an infection
(c) He falls in love
(d) He gets in a fight
8. How much is to be given to each child upon the death of Gant?
9. What family member is not present when Ben dies?
10. What does Eliza do during Ben's final two days?
(a) She sits with him
(b) She goes to visit Daisy
(c) She stays at the church
(d) She won't go in his room
11. In Part 3, Chapter 38 what major event happens?
(a) There is another outbreak of disease
(b) There is a fire at Dixieland
(c) The is a Presidential election
(d) The war ends
12. Who takes Eugene to a Negro prostitute?
(a) Jennings Ware
(b) Guy Doak
(c) Jim Trippette
(d) Hugh Barton
13. What writer does Eugene particularly enjoy?
14. Whose episode of being drunk becomes a major family event?
15. Where is Ben's funeral held?
(a) At the Methodist church
(b) At the Baptist church
(c) At the Presbyterian church
(d) At Dixieland
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs his family he is already "gone"?
2. Who comes to visit Ben at Easter?
3. To whom does Eugene write a letter?
4. What does Eliza tell Eugene to do?
5. What is Luke's impression of Ben's preparation for burial?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)