|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the town where he moves?
(a) Miss Smith
(b) Jennings Ware
(c) Bob Sterling
(d) Laura James
2. How much does Eugene weigh when he enters college?
(a) About 280
(b) About 130
(c) About 180
(d) About 230
3. How much is to be given to each child upon the death of Gant?
4. Who is Miss Smith?
(a) A prostitute at the boarding house
(b) A local store owner
(c) A neighbor
(d) Ben's girlfriend
5. In Part 3, Chapter 38 what major event happens?
(a) There is a fire at Dixieland
(b) There is another outbreak of disease
(c) The is a Presidential election
(d) The war ends
6. Who is living with Ben?
(a) His older brother
(b) His younger brother
(c) An older woman
(d) A much younger woman
7. Who is especially sad to see Eugene go off to college?
(a) the Leonards
8. Who does Eugene meet there?
(b) Miss Smith
9. Who takes Eugene to a Negro prostitute?
(a) Jennings Ware
(b) Hugh Barton
(c) Jim Trippette
(d) Guy Doak
10. Whose death appears imminent in Part 3, Chapter 32?
11. Who is Eugene's new roomate?
(a) Bob Sterling
(b) Guy Doak
(c) Jennings Ware
(d) Hugh Barton
12. Where does Eugene go after the funeral?
(a) To see Miss Smith
(b) Back to the church
(c) To Dixieland
(d) To the Barton's
13. Who does Gant fear will become an alcoholic?
14. Who comes to visit Eugene at school?
(a) Gant and Daisy
(b) Eliza and Helen
(c) Ben and Luke
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Leonard
15. What family member is not present when Ben dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings their children to the boarding house for a visit?
2. Who cries throughout the proceedings?
3. Who informs his family he is already "gone"?
4. Why does Eugene not go off to war?
5. What world event happens during Part 3 Chapter 29?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)