|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza tell Eugene to do?
(a) Go join the Army
(b) Go to South Carolina and visit Laura
(c) Write Laura an elaborate letter
(d) Go see a prostitute in her boarding house
2. Where does Eugene go quite often?
(a) To see prostitutes
(b) To visit Ben's grave
(d) To church
3. Why does Gant have surgery?
(a) Intestinal blockage
(b) Prostate cancer
(d) Throat cancer
4. Where is the wedding held?
(a) Methodist Church
(b) Presbyterian Church
(d) Baptist Church
5. Who does Eugene take with him?
(c) Other students
(d) Miss Smith
6. Who does Gant fear will become an alcoholic?
7. What family is particularly noted as being present at the funeral?
(a) The McGuires
(b) The Leonards
(c) The Pentlands
(d) The Bartons
8. Mr. and Mrs. Leonard do not think Eugene is ready to do what?
(a) Get married
(b) Start his own business
(c) Go off to college
(d) Go to war
9. Why is Luke limping?
(a) He has broken his leg
(b) He has given a skin graft to another sailor
(c) He has bone cancer
(d) He has been shot
10. Where is Ben living?
(a) The railway town
(b) The party town
(c) The mechant town
(d) The tobacco town
11. Who helps Eugene out at Christmas time?
12. How old is Eugene when he and Laura have an affair?
13. Who finds out they have a weakness in their lungs?
14. Who does Eugene meet there?
(c) Miss Smith
15. In Part 2, Chapter 26 Eugene travels to what city?
(a) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs his family he is already "gone"?
2. Why does Gant travel to Baltimore?
3. What family member is not present when Ben dies?
4. Who brings their children to the boarding house for a visit?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 38 where does Eugene go?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)