|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final chapter where does Eugene go alone?
(a) To the church
(b) To Ben's grave
(c) To the Leonard's house
(d) To his father's shop
2. How tall is Eugene when he enters college?
(a) 6 feet 8 inches
(b) 6 feet 3 inches
(c) 5 feet 8 inches
(d) 5 feet 3 inches
3. Why does Gant have surgery?
(a) Throat cancer
(c) Intestinal blockage
(d) Prostate cancer
4. Who does Helen marry?
(a) Hugh Barton
(b) Dr. Coker
(c) Jennings Ware
(d) Guy Doak
5. Why is Luke limping?
(a) He has given a skin graft to another sailor
(b) He has been shot
(c) He has bone cancer
(d) He has broken his leg
6. In Part 3, Chapter 36 what important event has happened?
(a) The War has ended
(b) Ben has died
(c) Luke dies unexpectedly
(d) Gant dies
7. What does Eliza tell Eugene to do?
(a) Go see a prostitute in her boarding house
(b) Go to South Carolina and visit Laura
(c) Write Laura an elaborate letter
(d) Go join the Army
8. What is the center of Altamont called?
(a) The Park
(b) The Square
(c) The Commons
(d) The Mall
9. Where is Ben living?
(a) The railway town
(b) The tobacco town
(c) The mechant town
(d) The party town
10. Who lives in the town where he moves?
(a) Bob Sterling
(b) Jennings Ware
(c) Laura James
(d) Miss Smith
11. Who informs his family he is already "gone"?
12. What does Helen vow after the funeral?
(a) That she is moving back to Dixieland
(b) That she hates her family
(c) That she will no longer care for Gant
(d) That she will care for Gant no matter what
13. Whose episode of being drunk becomes a major family event?
14. In Part 3, Chapter 38 what major event happens?
(a) The is a Presidential election
(b) There is a fire at Dixieland
(c) There is another outbreak of disease
(d) The war ends
15. Where is the wedding held?
(a) Methodist Church
(c) Presbyterian Church
(d) Baptist Church
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Eugene when he and Laura have an affair?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 26 Eugene travels to what city?
3. What does Eliza do during Ben's final two days?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 38 where does Eugene go?
5. What does Eliza agree to do for Eugene?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)