|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this chapter where does Eugene's father take him?
(a) To a local tavern
(b) To the World's Fair
(c) Across the street from his shop for a soda
(d) To the local food market
2. What job does Eugene take on in chapter 22?
(a) Working at a mill
(b) Working for his dad
(c) Working at Dixieland
(d) A paper route
3. Who does Eugene not tell about his new job?
(a) The Leonards
4. What happens to Eugene's parents in this chapter (Part 1, Chapter 11)?
(a) They have a major fight
(b) They separate
(c) They move away for a short time
(d) They divorce
5. Who continues to emerge as a real inspiration to Eugene?
(a) Mrs. Leonard
(c) Jennings Ward
6. Which character travels with Eliza on most of her trips?
7. What happens to Daisy in this chapter?
(a) She moves to New Orleans
(b) She is killed by a horse
(c) She becomes very ill
(d) She gets married
8. What is Eugene's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Leonard
(b) Mr. Spaulding
(c) Mr. Dalton
(d) Mr. Graham
9. What prompts Gant's rampage in this chapter?
(a) Eliza's nagging
(b) His own drinking
(c) His lack of money
(d) Eugene's arrogance
10. Gilbert Guant changed his name to what?
(a) Albert Gant
(b) Thomas Gant
(c) Gilbert Gant
(d) Wilbert Gant
11. In Part 1, Chapter 7 how old is Oliver Gant?
12. How would you discribe Oliver's relationship with Eugene?
(a) He loves him
(b) He dislikes him
(c) He doesn't really know him
(d) He will not speak to him
13. What does Eugene win in this chapter?
(a) An essay contest
(b) A baseball game
(c) A poker game
(d) A bet on a horse
14. In Part 2, Chapter 18 where does Steve live?
(a) New Orleans
(b) South Carolina
15. What do Eugene and George Graves do in this chapter?
(a) Take a trip through town
(b) Take a trip to Steve's house
(c) Take a trip to Daisy's house
(d) Slip out at night and forage for food
Short Answer Questions
1. What social campaign does Gant join?
2. Who is Eugene Gant?
3. What disease does Oliver Gant have?
4. What does Eugene get a lot of teasing for as a young boy?
5. How would you describe Eugene as a student?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)