|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ben go to see?
(a) Dr. Coker
(c) Mr. Leonard
2. What job does Eugene have?
(a) He sells magazines
(b) A paper route
(c) He sells produce
(d) He works with his father
3. What is the name of the school that Eugene begins attending in this chapter?
(a) Leonard Normal School
(b) Altamont School for Boys
(c) Altamont Fitting School
(d) Dixieland High School
4. What does Eugene get a lot of teasing for as a young boy?
(a) His long hair
(b) His stuttering
(c) His funny ears
(d) His long legs
5. Steve returns in this chapter, where has he been?
(b) New York
(c) New Orleans
6. How would you discribe Oliver's relationship with Eugene?
(a) He dislikes him
(b) He loves him
(c) He will not speak to him
(d) He doesn't really know him
7. In Part 1, Chapter 7 how old is Oliver Gant?
8. Growing up how do Eugene and his friends treat Jews and Negroes?
(a) They are constantly teasing this individuals
(b) They are very helpful to Negroes but not Jews
(c) Eugene and his friends never really have any contact with these groups
(d) They make fun of the Negroes but not the Jews
9. Who continues to emerge as a real inspiration to Eugene?
(a) Mrs. Leonard
(d) Jennings Ward
10. By the age of 15 what set of literary facts does Eugene know?
(a) All of Longfellow's poems
(b) Virtually every American novelist
(c) Virtually every English poet
(d) The works of Charles Dickens
11. What happens in Part 2, Chapter 25?
(a) World War II starts
(b) The Hundred Years War starts
(c) The Civil War starts
(d) World War I starts
12. Who is Simon?
(a) A partner in the stonecutter shop
(b) A poor neighbor who lives next to Dixieland
(c) Will Pentland's partner
(d) A millionaire who comes to live at Dixieland
13. What job does Luke have?
(a) A paper route
(b) He sells produce
(c) He sells magazines
(d) He works with is father
14. Oliver Gant became an apprentice in what trade?
15. What does Oliver blame for Steve's problems?
(a) His own drinking
(c) Eliza's overprotection
(d) Mountain blood
Short Answer Questions
1. Where else does Eugene go in this chapter?
2. From time to time, where to Gant and Eugene go?
3. What best describes Eugene's attitude toward sports?
4. What does Guy Doak do for Eugene?
5. What event causes Eliza to go to run a boarding house?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)