|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what state did Oliver just travel?
(b) New York
2. Ben gets a physical, what is the result?
(a) The doctor gives him a glowing report but discourages him from going to war
(b) The doctor gives him a glowing report and encourages him to go to war
(c) Ben doesn't get straight answers from the doctor is thinks he might not be well
(d) The doctor tells him he is gravely ill and shouldn't go anywhere
3. Who is haveing a baby in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Selbourne
4. What is Eugene's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Spaulding
(b) Mr. Graham
(c) Mr. Dalton
(d) Mr. Leonard
5. Who does Gant rent a room to?
(b) A 49 year old widow
(d) A local prostitute
6. At this point in the book, where is Ben working?
(a) He is not working
(b) The newspaper
(d) His father's shop
7. What best describes Eugene's attitude toward sports?
(a) He hates sports because he is not very good
(b) He hates sports but could be a great player
(c) He is a awesome athelete
(d) He loves sports but is not very good himself
8. What happens to Eliza in 1900?
(a) Her brother Will dies
(b) She and Oliver's marriage collapses
(c) Steve, her oldest child, dies
(d) She gets pregnant again
9. What does Oliver build for Eliza?
(a) A marble statue
(b) A large house
(c) A wooden gazebo
(d) A beautiful stone angel
10. Who is the woman from South Carolina who comes to Altamont to stay during the summer and lives at the rooming house?
(a) Mrs. Pentland
(b) Mrs. Selbourne
(c) Mrs. Osbourne
(d) Mrs. Guant
11. Steve returns in this chapter, where has he been?
(a) New York
(b) New Orleans
12. What job does Eugene have?
(a) A paper route
(b) He sells produce
(c) He works with his father
(d) He sells magazines
13. What happens in Part 2, Chapter 25?
(a) The Hundred Years War starts
(b) The Civil War starts
(c) World War I starts
(d) World War II starts
14. What caused the scar on Eugene's forehead?
(a) He was kicked by a horse
(b) He was hit by a gate handle
(c) He fell in a well
(d) He was hit in the head by his father's hammer
15. What is the most difficult part of the job?
(a) Finding clients
(b) Working with his father
(c) Working for Ben
(d) Collecting his money
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23 where does Eliza go?
2. How do Eugene's teachers treat him?
3. How long does he attend the new school set up by the Leonards?
4. What kind of church does Eugene usually attend?
5. What happens to Daisy in this chapter?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)