|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Leonard help with information about the war?
(a) George Graves
(b) Jennings Ware
2. What does Ben really want to do?
(a) Go to war
(b) Start his own newspaper
(c) Move to New Orleans
(d) Become a war correspondent
3. Who brings Oliver a suitcase full of alcoholic beverages?
4. What characteristic do most of Ben's girlfriends have in common?
(a) They are several years older than Ben
(b) They are prostitutes
(c) They have been dating Eugene
(d) They are several years younger than Ben
5. What does Oliver threaten to do to Eliza?
(a) Kill her
(b) Leave her
(c) Have her arrested
(d) Send back to her family
6. What happens to Eugene's parents in this chapter (Part 1, Chapter 11)?
(a) They separate
(b) They have a major fight
(c) They divorce
(d) They move away for a short time
7. To what state did Oliver just travel?
(c) New York
8. What caused the scar on Eugene's forehead?
(a) He fell in a well
(b) He was hit in the head by his father's hammer
(c) He was hit by a gate handle
(d) He was kicked by a horse
9. What happens to Daisy in this chapter?
(a) She moves to New Orleans
(b) She becomes very ill
(c) She is killed by a horse
(d) She gets married
10. Who is Horse Hines?
(a) The local undertaker
(b) The Presbyterian minister
(c) A stonecutter
(d) A stable owner
11. What does Eugene win in this chapter?
(a) A baseball game
(b) An essay contest
(c) A bet on a horse
(d) A poker game
12. What disease does Oliver Gant have?
(a) Heart failure
(b) Crone's disease
(c) Brights disease
(d) Prostate cancer
13. Where has Oliver been when Steve goes to get him?
(a) Working at his shop
(b) Working on a farm
(c) Visiting a prostitute
(d) Visiting his family in Richmond
14. In Part 2, Chapter 18 where does Steve live?
(b) South Carolina
(c) New Orleans
15. What social campaign does Gant join?
(a) Temperance campaign
(b) Liquor by the drink campaign
(c) Civil rights campaign
(d) Anti immigrant campaign
Short Answer Questions
1. What would best describe Eliza's business interests?
2. Gilbert Guant changed his name to what?
3. By the age of 15 what set of literary facts does Eugene know?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7 how old is Oliver Gant?
5. Steve returns in this chapter, where has he been?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)