|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve returns in this chapter, where has he been?
(a) New Orleans
(d) New York
2. What happens in Part 2, Chapter 25?
(a) The Civil War starts
(b) The Hundred Years War starts
(c) World War II starts
(d) World War I starts
3. From time to time, where to Gant and Eugene go?
(a) The stonecutter shop
(b) The bar
(d) The movies
4. At this point in the book, where is Ben working?
(a) His father's shop
(c) He is not working
(d) The newspaper
5. What disease does Oliver Gant have?
(a) Prostate cancer
(b) Brights disease
(c) Crone's disease
(d) Heart failure
6. What happens to Eugene's parents in this chapter (Part 1, Chapter 11)?
(a) They have a major fight
(b) They move away for a short time
(c) They divorce
(d) They separate
7. What prompts Gant's rampage in this chapter?
(a) Eugene's arrogance
(b) His own drinking
(c) His lack of money
(d) Eliza's nagging
8. What is the name of the town where Gant eventually settles?
9. What is Eugene's principal's name?
(a) Mr. Leonard
(b) Mr. Dalton
(c) Mr. Graham
(d) Mr. Spaulding
10. What sibling is Eugene especially close to?
11. What is the name of the school that Eugene begins attending in this chapter?
(a) Altamont School for Boys
(b) Dixieland High School
(c) Altamont Fitting School
(d) Leonard Normal School
12. What does Coker do?
(a) He is a stable owner
(b) He is a pharmacist
(c) He is the local undertaker
(d) He is a lung specialist
13. How would you characterize Eugene and school?
(a) He hates school but does do well, especially math
(b) He hates school and does not do well
(c) He loves school and does well, especially reading
(d) He loves school but doesn't do well, especially reading
14. What job does Luke have?
(a) He sells magazines
(b) A paper route
(c) He sells produce
(d) He works with is father
15. By the age of 15 what set of literary facts does Eugene know?
(a) Virtually every English poet
(b) Virtually every American novelist
(c) All of Longfellow's poems
(d) The works of Charles Dickens
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ben work for?
2. What job does Eugene take on in chapter 22?
3. What is the name of Eliza's rooming house?
4. What happens to Eliza in 1900?
5. What does Oliver threaten to do to Eliza?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)