|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who continues to emerge as a real inspiration to Eugene?
(b) Jennings Ward
(c) Mrs. Leonard
2. In this chapter what problem is Gant obviously still battling?
(c) Prostate cancer
(d) Brights disease
3. What is the name of the town where Gant eventually settles?
4. Oliver Gant became an apprentice in what trade?
5. What does Eugene get a lot of teasing for as a young boy?
(a) His long hair
(b) His stuttering
(c) His funny ears
(d) His long legs
6. What happens in Part 2, Chapter 25?
(a) World War II starts
(b) World War I starts
(c) The Hundred Years War starts
(d) The Civil War starts
7. What do Eugene and George Graves do in this chapter?
(a) Take a trip to Daisy's house
(b) Take a trip to Steve's house
(c) Slip out at night and forage for food
(d) Take a trip through town
8. What is the family's reaction when he returns?
(a) Eliza and the children are glad he's back
(b) Eliza is happy but the children are angry
(c) Eliza and the children are upset that he is back
(d) Eliza is angry but the children are happy
9. Who dies of typhoid in this chapter?
10. What sibling is Eugene especially close to?
11. What caused the scar on Eugene's forehead?
(a) He fell in a well
(b) He was hit in the head by his father's hammer
(c) He was kicked by a horse
(d) He was hit by a gate handle
12. What job does Ben have?
(a) He sells produce
(b) He works with his father
(c) He sells magazines
(d) A paper route
13. Gilbert Guant changed his name to what?
(a) Thomas Gant
(b) Wilbert Gant
(c) Gilbert Gant
(d) Albert Gant
14. Who is Horse Hines?
(a) The Presbyterian minister
(b) A stonecutter
(c) The local undertaker
(d) A stable owner
15. Who brings Oliver a suitcase full of alcoholic beverages?
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic do most of Ben's girlfriends have in common?
2. What does Ben really want to do?
3. What illness does Eliza have?
4. Growing up how do Eugene and his friends treat Jews and Negroes?
5. Ben gets a physical, what is the result?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)