|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Eugene's attitude toward sports?
(a) He hates sports because he is not very good
(b) He is a awesome athelete
(c) He hates sports but could be a great player
(d) He loves sports but is not very good himself
2. How does Jennings tell Eugene to collect on some accounts?
(a) Use his fists
(b) Take it in trade
(c) Get Ben to help him
(d) Use a gun
3. Where else does Eugene go in this chapter?
(a) The prostitute's house
(b) The quarry where his father gets stones
(c) His church
(d) The library
4. In Part 1, Chapter 7 how old is Oliver Gant?
5. Who do Eliza and Oliver partner with?
(a) Eliza's brother Will Pentland
(b) Oliver's father Gilbert Gant
(c) Eliza's father Nathan Pentland
(d) Oliver's brother Steve Gant
6. In this chapter where does Eugene's father take him?
(a) To a local tavern
(b) To the World's Fair
(c) To the local food market
(d) Across the street from his shop for a soda
7. In this chapter the positive influence of what woman is highlighted?
(a) Mrs. Leonard
(c) Mrs. Selbourne
8. What does Oliver blame for Steve's problems?
(a) His own drinking
(b) Mountain blood
(d) Eliza's overprotection
9. Who dies of typhoid in this chapter?
10. Who is the woman from South Carolina who comes to Altamont to stay during the summer and lives at the rooming house?
(a) Mrs. Pentland
(b) Mrs. Selbourne
(c) Mrs. Osbourne
(d) Mrs. Guant
11. Ben gets a physical, what is the result?
(a) The doctor tells him he is gravely ill and shouldn't go anywhere
(b) The doctor gives him a glowing report and encourages him to go to war
(c) The doctor gives him a glowing report but discourages him from going to war
(d) Ben doesn't get straight answers from the doctor is thinks he might not be well
12. Who is Horse Hines?
(a) A stable owner
(b) The local undertaker
(c) The Presbyterian minister
(d) A stonecutter
13. How would you describe Eugene as a student?
(a) He is very slow but works hard to make good grades
(b) He is slow and doesn't work very hard
(c) He works very hard and picks things up very fast
(d) He picks things up quick but is not very dedicated
14. What job does Eugene have?
(a) He sells magazines
(b) He works with his father
(c) He sells produce
(d) A paper route
15. Where does Eugene stay while his mother is away?
(a) At his father's house
(b) At Dixieland
(c) At Helen's
(d) At the Leonards
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is haveing a baby in this chapter?
2. Who does Ben fight in this chapter?
3. How long does he attend the new school set up by the Leonards?
4. What is true about food in the Gant home?
5. What does Eugene win in this chapter?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)