|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 18 where does Steve live?
(a) South Carolina
(c) New Orleans
2. Who brings Oliver a suitcase full of alcoholic beverages?
3. What does Oliver build for Eliza?
(a) A wooden gazebo
(b) A beautiful stone angel
(c) A large house
(d) A marble statue
4. Who is Eugene Gant?
(a) Oliver and Eliza's youngest child
(b) Another name for Steve Gant
(c) Oliver's brother
(d) Eliza's child by Oliver's brother
5. What job does Eugene have?
(a) He sells magazines
(b) He works with his father
(c) A paper route
(d) He sells produce
6. Where has Oliver been when Steve goes to get him?
(a) Working at his shop
(b) Working on a farm
(c) Visiting a prostitute
(d) Visiting his family in Richmond
7. What is the name of the town where Gant eventually settles?
8. How would you characterize Eugene and school?
(a) He hates school and does not do well
(b) He loves school but doesn't do well, especially reading
(c) He loves school and does well, especially reading
(d) He hates school but does do well, especially math
9. Which character travels with Eliza on most of her trips?
10. How old is Eugene in chapter 22?
11. What else has Eugene memorized?
(a) The Declaration of Independence
(b) Many French poems
(c) Many English poems
(d) The peridoic table of chemicals
12. What does Eliza want from Oliver?
(a) For him to move back to Dixieland
(b) The angel in front of his shop
(c) His stonecutter shop
(d) She needs money for her roominghouse
13. Where does Eugene live most of the time when he is attending the Leonards' school?
(a) His father's home
(b) In a dorm at the school
(d) The Leonards' home
14. What characteristic do most of Ben's girlfriends have in common?
(a) They are prostitutes
(b) They have been dating Eugene
(c) They are several years older than Ben
(d) They are several years younger than Ben
15. Who do Eliza and Oliver partner with?
(a) Eliza's brother Will Pentland
(b) Eliza's father Nathan Pentland
(c) Oliver's father Gilbert Gant
(d) Oliver's brother Steve Gant
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Eugene take on in chapter 22?
2. What disease does Oliver Gant have?
3. At home, how would you describe Oliver and the fires in the fireplace?
4. What happens to Eugene's parents in this chapter (Part 1, Chapter 11)?
5. How do Eugene's teachers treat him?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)