|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oliver marry?
(a) Eliza Pentland
(b) Wilma Pendergrass
(c) Alma Pendleton
(d) Emma Pentley
2. In this chapter the positive influence of what woman is highlighted?
(a) Mrs. Leonard
(c) Mrs. Selbourne
3. Who dies of typhoid in this chapter?
4. What would best describe Eliza's business interests?
(a) Eliza is doing well but her brother Will is not
(b) The roominghouse is not making money
(c) They are doing very well
(d) She is not a very good business person
5. Who do Eliza and Oliver partner with?
(a) Eliza's brother Will Pentland
(b) Oliver's father Gilbert Gant
(c) Eliza's father Nathan Pentland
(d) Oliver's brother Steve Gant
6. What job does Ben have?
(a) He sells produce
(b) He works with his father
(c) A paper route
(d) He sells magazines
7. Gilbert Guant changed his name to what?
(a) Gilbert Gant
(b) Wilbert Gant
(c) Thomas Gant
(d) Albert Gant
8. To what state did Oliver just travel?
(d) New York
9. Who does Ben work for?
(a) The newspaper
(b) A magazine company
(c) His father
(d) His mother
10. Where is Guy Doak from?
(a) New Jersey
(b) New Bedford
(c) New York
(d) New Orleans
11. From time to time, where to Gant and Eugene go?
(b) The movies
(c) The bar
(d) The stonecutter shop
12. Who is the previous employee?
(a) Jennings Ware
13. What happens to Daisy in this chapter?
(a) She moves to New Orleans
(b) She becomes very ill
(c) She is killed by a horse
(d) She gets married
14. What does Oliver sell to Eliza?
(a) His interest in the roominghouse
(b) The angel
(c) His shop
(d) His burial plot
15. What is the name of Eliza's rooming house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character travels with Eliza on most of her trips?
2. Who is Guy Doak?
3. Who is Horse Hines?
4. Where else does Eugene go in this chapter?
5. Who does Ben go to see?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)