|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else has Eugene memorized?
(a) The peridoic table of chemicals
(b) The Declaration of Independence
(c) Many French poems
(d) Many English poems
2. Who continues to emerge as a real inspiration to Eugene?
(a) Jennings Ward
(c) Mrs. Leonard
3. What illness does Eliza have?
(a) Heart disease
(b) Bright's disease
4. What does Eliza want from Oliver?
(a) His stonecutter shop
(b) She needs money for her roominghouse
(c) The angel in front of his shop
(d) For him to move back to Dixieland
5. What kind of church does Eugene usually attend?
6. At home, how would you describe Oliver and the fires in the fireplace?
(a) He builds enormous fires
(b) He won't allow fires to be built in the fireplace
(c) He builds small fires
(d) He never builds a fire
7. What does Oliver sell to Eliza?
(a) His burial plot
(b) The angel
(c) His shop
(d) His interest in the roominghouse
8. Where else does Eugene go in this chapter?
(a) His church
(b) The prostitute's house
(c) The quarry where his father gets stones
(d) The library
9. What happens to Daisy in this chapter?
(a) She moves to New Orleans
(b) She is killed by a horse
(c) She becomes very ill
(d) She gets married
10. In Part 2, Chapter 18 where does Steve live?
(c) New Orleans
(d) South Carolina
11. What is true about food in the Gant home?
(a) It was always abundant
(b) There was never enough
(c) It was poorly prepared
(d) The children were given very small amounts
12. What best describes Eugene's attitude toward sports?
(a) He hates sports but could be a great player
(b) He hates sports because he is not very good
(c) He loves sports but is not very good himself
(d) He is a awesome athelete
13. What characteristic do most of Ben's girlfriends have in common?
(a) They have been dating Eugene
(b) They are several years younger than Ben
(c) They are several years older than Ben
(d) They are prostitutes
14. What does Ben really want to do?
(a) Move to New Orleans
(b) Go to war
(c) Become a war correspondent
(d) Start his own newspaper
15. Who does Helen and Luke live with at this stage in the book (Part 2, Chapter 19)?
(a) Steve Gant
(b) Oliver Gant
(c) Eliza Gant
(d) Eugene Gant
Short Answer Questions
1. In this chapter where does Eugene's father take him?
2. How would you describe Eugene as a student?
3. Oliver Gant became an apprentice in what trade?
4. Where is Guy Doak from?
5. Where does Eugene live most of the time when he is attending the Leonards' school?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)