|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about food in the Gant home?
(a) It was always abundant
(b) It was poorly prepared
(c) The children were given very small amounts
(d) There was never enough
2. What event causes Eliza to go to run a boarding house?
(a) 1904 World's Series
(b) The start of World War I
(c) The opening of the Empire State building
(d) 1904 World's Fair
3. What does Eugene get a lot of teasing for as a young boy?
(a) His funny ears
(b) His long legs
(c) His long hair
(d) His stuttering
4. Growing up how do Eugene and his friends treat Jews and Negroes?
(a) Eugene and his friends never really have any contact with these groups
(b) They make fun of the Negroes but not the Jews
(c) They are constantly teasing this individuals
(d) They are very helpful to Negroes but not Jews
5. Who is the dominant force in the Gant home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family's reaction when he returns?
2. What job does Ben have?
3. What sibling is Eugene especially close to?
4. What job does Luke have?
5. At home, how would you describe Oliver and the fires in the fireplace?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)