Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
1. Gilbert Guant changed his name to what?
(a) Wilbert Gant
(b) Albert Gant
(c) Thomas Gant
(d) Gilbert Gant
2. Oliver Gant became an apprentice in what trade?
3. What is the name of the town where Gant eventually settles?
4. Who does Oliver marry?
(a) Eliza Pentland
(b) Wilma Pendergrass
(c) Emma Pentley
(d) Alma Pendleton
5. Who do Eliza and Oliver partner with?
(a) Eliza's brother Will Pentland
(b) Oliver's father Gilbert Gant
(c) Eliza's father Nathan Pentland
(d) Oliver's brother Steve Gant
6. What does Oliver build for Eliza?
(a) A wooden gazebo
(b) A marble statue
(c) A beautiful stone angel
(d) A large house
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
7. What happens to Eliza in 1900?
(a) She and Oliver's marriage collapses
(b) Her brother Will dies
(c) Steve, her oldest child, dies
(d) She gets pregnant again
8. Where has Oliver been when Steve goes to get him?
(a) Working at his shop
(b) Visiting his family in Richmond
(c) Working on a farm
(d) Visiting a prostitute
This section contains 3,584 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)