Objective: In part this is the story of how an immigrant's family grows into and American family. The objective is to give students a better knowledge of the important history immigrants have made in this nation.
1) - As a class discuss how this is primarily a nation of immigrants with a rather brief national history.
- As a class prepare a timeline to show our nation's history.
- Divide the class into 6 groups and have each group research a major nation/culture.
- Have each group prepare a timeline showing the history of the nation/culture they have chosen.
- As a class discuss the similarities and differences between the various timelines.
Objective: Very early in the book, alcohol abuse comes front and center. The objective is to inform the students of the dangers of uncontrolled drug or alcohol use.
1) - Divide the class into 3 groups...
This section contains 3,629 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)