|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rosacoke's mother tells her about ____________________.
(a) Her own past mistakes.
(c) Her ancestors.
(d) Sewing techniques.
2. What kind of animal runs across the road?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A deer.
(d) A skunk.
3. Why has Sammy come out to the pond?
(a) To dig for nightcrawlers.
(b) To go skinny dipping.
(c) To see what has disturbed the guineas.
(d) To do some midnight fishing.
4. What does Wesley want to know by writing to Rosacoke?
(a) If she can come for Christmas.
(b) If she still loves him.
(c) If there have been any repercussions from their encounter in the woods.
(d) If he left her jacket at her house.
5. How does Wesley radically alter the romantic mood between Rosacoke and Wesley?
(a) He makes fun of her ears.
(b) He tells her he is engaged to someone else.
(c) He answers his cell phone.
(d) He calls out another girl's name in the heat of passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosacoke do on a Sunday to think about her future as a mother?
2. Who does Rosacoke see at church?
3. What is noteworthy about Rosacoke's relationship with Mildred and Sammy?
4. How long does Rosacoke stay with Mildred's family that day?
5. What are Wesley and his brother doing as Rosacoke approaches the house?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)