|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wesley's solution for Rosacoke's pregnancy?
(a) That they get married tonight.
(b) That they give the child up for adoption.
(c) That she have an abortion.
(d) That they live together but not marry for awhile.
2. Where does Rosacoke go when she leaves the house?
(b) A cafe.
(c) Mr. Isaac's house.
3. Who has not shown up for church services?
4. What does Milo do in the weeks following the death of the baby?
(a) Acts as if nothing is wrong.
(b) Cries constantly.
(c) Kicks the dog.
(d) Disappears for hours at a time.
5. What does Rosacoke notice about the letter she receives from Wesley?
(a) He has new stationery.
(b) He misspelled her name.
(c) The postmark was not from Roanoke.
(d) There is still no mention that he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Sammy and Rosacoke's conversation?
2. Why does Rosacoke realize that Rato cannot be a confidante for her?
3. What does Wesley decide to do?
4. In what city does Wesley live?
5. Which of the following is NOT a motif that author wants to define?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)