|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Nelson in the hospital in Chapter 89?
(a) Kobie Coetsee.
(b) de Klerk.
2. What gift does Colonel Tadesse give Nelson in Chapter 48?
(a) A camel.
(b) Spices from his country.
(c) An automatic pistol and 200 rounds of ammunition.
(d) Money to continue living underground for as long as he needs.
3. Where is Nelson transferred in Chapter 87?
(a) Pretoria Local.
(b) An unnamed jail outside of Cape Town.
(c) Pollsmoor Maximum Security Prison.
(d) Victor Vester.
4. How many prisoners are on Robben Island?
(a) About 1000.
(c) About 500.
(d) No more than 6.
5. What coveted item does the Coloured warden from Bloemforntein bring Nelson and his friends in Chapter 54?
(a) Tobacco and Sandwiches.
(b) Lice shampoo.
(c) Books to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the trial in Chapter 55 come to be known as?
2. What are the prisoner's "ballies"?
3. Where does Nelson go when he returns to South Africa in Chapter 49?
4. In Chapter 62, why are the men asked to stop their work?
5. What documentary causes an argument between the ANC and the BCM members?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nelson describe "living underground" in Chapter 40?
2. How is Rivonia discovered?
3. How does the ANC change over the course of Chapter 41?
4. How does Nelson describe Christmas on Robben Island in Chapter 71?
5. What is the outcome of Nelson's memoir writing in Chapter 78?
6. How is Nelson's prison stay at Victor Verster different from his previous imprisonments?
7. How do the Bahamas advance Nelson's discussion with the government in Chapter 90?
8. In Chapter 49, what does Nelson report to the Working Committee?
9. What makes Nelson leave Wolfie Kodesh's safehouse in Chapter 43?
10. What does Jimmy Kruger offer Nelson in Chapter 79, and how does Nelson respond?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)