|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Indians steal the horses ?
(a) Because an outlaw made them
(b) To sell to the Army
(c) For food because they were starving
(d) To get revenge on the white man
2. What treat does Po Campo make the men after they return from town?
(a) Sourdough biscuits
(b) Dewberry cobbler
(c) Plover eggs
(d) Fried grasshoppers
3. Who decides not to visit the prostitutes after all?
4. Who turns out to be the thief?
(a) A Montana outlaw
(b) A rouge bunch of Indians
(c) A man and a boy
(d) A starving group of Indians
5. What does Gus bring back for Lorena?
(a) A steak dinner and whiskey
(b) A comb, a mirror, and brushes
(d) A new horse
Short Answer Questions
1. When Newt is finally able to see again, what does he find?
2. Who arrives at Clara's ranch first?
3. Clara says July is as useful as ______________.
4. Who does Gus ask to watch Lorena while he goes to Wilbarger?
5. Why does Dan kill the farmers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Hugh do for the ranch?
2. What happens to July near the Republican River?
3. What does July do at the bar Elmira used to work at?
4. How does Lorena feel when she hears about Jake's hanging?
5. Why does July feel guilty?
6. Why does Newt decide not to shoot the Indians that approach him?
7. What does July tell Peach is his letter to her?
8. Why does Gus not go after Blue Duck?
9. What does Blue Duck tell Call?
10. What does July finally decide about Elmira?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)