|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Gus been gone when he returns to Lorena?
(a) Three days
(b) A month
(c) Three hours
(d) A week
2. Why did the Indians steal the horses ?
(a) For food because they were starving
(b) To get revenge on the white man
(c) To sell to the Army
(d) Because an outlaw made them
3. Where is Blue Duck?
(b) Santa Fe
(c) San Antonio
(d) Santa Rosa
4. What does the Suggs brothers gang do to the farmer they meet?
(a) Take his son as part of the gang
(b) Take what little money he has and destroy his sod house
(c) Kill him and his family
(d) Tie he and his family up and leave them for the animals
5. What does Clara do when she sees Gus?
(a) She cries that she did not marry him.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She slaps him and tells him to leave.
(d) She kisses him on the mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Blue Duck die?
2. Who does Jake hook up with in Fort Worth?
3. Where do Pea Eye and Gus find shelter from the Indians?
4. What does Clara do to help July make up his mind?
5. Who waits loyally for Elmira to regain consciousness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sally think of Jake when she hears the rumors?
2. What happens between Dish and Dixon?
3. What does Call do for Deets that surprises everyone?
4. When riding and talking with Gus, what confuses Newt?
5. What does July do at the bar Elmira used to work at?
6. What does the crew report about Jake?
7. What does Clara suggest to Lorena?
8. What is one of the last things Gus does after Call arrives?
9. What does July tell Peach is his letter to her?
10. Why does Newt decide not to shoot the Indians that approach him?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)