|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Call go into Denver?
(a) He remembers he has not contacted Wilbarger's brother.
(b) He needs a new horse.
(c) He has run out of supplies.
(d) He wants to visit another Ranger.
2. Who do Gus and Call meet before getting to Clara's?
(a) Buffalo hunters
3. Where do Pea Eye and Gus go scouting, which is as far north as most of the men know?
(a) Missouri River
(b) Milk River
(c) Yellowstone River
(d) Musselshell River
4. What does Dan Suggs want from Wilbarger?
(a) Revenge for treatment from when Dan worked for WIlbarger
(b) Wilbarger's life
(c) Wilbarger's small herd of fresh horses
(d) All of the above
5. How long did Deets serve with Call?
(a) Twenty-one years
(b) Two years
(c) Eighteen years
(d) Thirty years
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Elmira the night she stays with Clara?
2. Why did the Indians steal the horses ?
3. What does Jake give Newt?
4. What does Cholo call Dee to let Clara know who he is?
5. What does Gus wake to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Hugh do for the ranch?
2. Why does Newt decide not to shoot the Indians that approach him?
3. What worries Dish when Call rides off to help Gus?
4. What does Clara suggest to Lorena?
5. What happens to Elmira when she sees Dee?
6. What happens to July near the Republican River?
7. Deets tells Gus and Call that the tracks leading away from the fight with Wilbarger include Jake's horse. What does Gus say?
8. What does July finally decide about Elmira?
9. What does Clara tell Gus about marriage?
10. What does July do at the bar Elmira used to work at?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)