|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides not to visit the prostitutes after all?
2. Where does Gus ride to get medical help?
(d) Miles City
3. What is wrong with Deets?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) He is troubled by the Indians.
(c) He is troubled by the lack of water.
(d) He is in love with Lorena.
4. Where does July finally see people after so many days?
(a) The Hat Creek cattle drive
(b) The Republican River
(c) Clara's ranch
5. Where do Pea Eye and Gus find shelter from the Indians?
(a) A buffalo depression in the grass
(b) A deserted building
(c) Behind a dead horse
(d) A creek
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Elmira the night she stays with Clara?
2. Where is Dee when Elmira finally finds him?
3. Why does Dan Suggs offer Jake a position on their crew when Jake is ready to leave Dallas?
4. What do the boys do differently to cross the Canadian?
5. Where does July go when he gets another horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Call do for Deets that surprises everyone?
2. What does Sally think of Jake when she hears the rumors?
3. Why does Call tell the men not to leave, once they found a place for the ranch headquarters?
4. What happens to Elmira when she sees Dee?
5. Why is Po Campo not as excited about reaching Ogallala as the rest of the crew?
6. Why does Clara want Call to change his mind about honoring Gus' request?
7. Why does Clara get so mad at July?
8. What does July finally decide about Elmira?
9. What does Blue Duck tell Call?
10. What does July tell Peach is his letter to her?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)