|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus wake to find?
(a) The doctor refusing to amputate
(b) Both legs have gangrene
(c) Both of his legs gone
(d) One of his legs gone
2. How long did Deets serve with Call?
(a) Two years
(b) Eighteen years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Twenty-one years
3. What happens to Elmira the night she stays with Clara?
(a) She gives in to Luke.
(b) She delivers her baby.
(c) She dies.
(d) She sleeps soundly.
4. What does Clara do to help July make up his mind?
(a) She sings to him.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) She drops Martin in his lap.
(d) She writes a letter.
5. Where does Dish plan to go after they finish the ranch building?
(c) Lonesome Dove
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gus want to be buried?
2. When Newt is finally able to see again, what does he find?
3. What does Clara answer when July first proposes marriage to her?
4. Who's horse's track does Deets tell Call about?
5. Who decides to stay with the herd, even though he has the opportunity to go with the other men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clara tell Gus about marriage?
2. What happens to July near the Republican River?
3. Why does July feel guilty?
4. What makes Call mad in Ogallala?
5. How does Lorena feel when she hears about Jake's hanging?
6. What happens between Dish and Dixon?
7. What does Old Hugh do for the ranch?
8. What does the crew report about Jake?
9. Why does Call tell the men not to leave, once they found a place for the ranch headquarters?
10. Deets tells Gus and Call that the tracks leading away from the fight with Wilbarger include Jake's horse. What does Gus say?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)