|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gus ride to get medical help?
(c) Miles City
2. What happened to Po Campo's sons?
(a) Indians stole them.
(b) They died from childhood illnesses.
(c) Blue Duck killed them.
(d) They left on cattle drives and never came back.
3. What troubles Deets about the tracks he finds leading away from the fight with Wilbarger?
(a) One of the horses belongs to Blue Duck.
(b) One of the horses belongs to Jake.
(c) The tracks split up, and he does not know which to follow.
(d) The tracks lead to the Trail of Tears.
4. Who helps ease Newt's mind about Jake?
5. What does Gus bring back for Lorena?
(a) A new horse
(c) A comb, a mirror, and brushes
(d) A steak dinner and whiskey
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pea Eye and Gus go scouting, which is as far north as most of the men know?
2. Where is Blue Duck?
3. Where does July finally see people after so many days?
4. What is wrong with Deets?
5. What does Newt name the horse Clara gives him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does July finally decide about Elmira?
2. Jake asks the Suggs brothers gang about Blue Duck. What do they tell him?
3. Deets tells Gus and Call that the tracks leading away from the fight with Wilbarger include Jake's horse. What does Gus say?
4. What does Clara suggest to Lorena?
5. Why does Clara want Call to change his mind about honoring Gus' request?
6. Why does Clara get so mad at July?
7. Why does Call tell the men not to leave, once they found a place for the ranch headquarters?
8. Why is Po Campo not as excited about reaching Ogallala as the rest of the crew?
9. What does Sally think of Jake when she hears the rumors?
10. Why does Newt decide not to shoot the Indians that approach him?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)