|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Elmira told the townspeople about her former husband?
(a) He died of smallpox.
(b) She was never married.
(c) He went North.
(d) He was killed by Indians.
2. What does Louisa want from Roscoe?
(a) To let her come with him
(b) To help her find her husband
(c) To marry her and help with the farm
(d) A child
3. Who decides to quit and return to Lonesome Dove?
(d) Jim Rainey
4. What is the name of the rich Mexican bandit?
5. What does Blue Duck want his men to do?
(a) Steal some horses
(b) Kill some buffalo
(c) Leave him alone
(d) Kill Gus
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Lorena she belongs?
2. Who gets trapped beneath the wagon in the river?
3. How many stragglers does Newt ride past in the dust?
4. How does Gus feel about going to Montana?
5. Who goes back to Lonesome Dove with the first herd of horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gus not trying to hide the horses they brought back from Mexico?
2. What does Deets warn Lorena?
3. What does Elmira decide to do after the whiskey boat?
4. Captain Call was restless. What did he want to do?
5. Not long after Sean's death there is another accident, though not fatal this time. What happens?
6. What happens to Sean?
7. What does Gus notice about the first forty horses that makes him laugh?
8. Why does Gus send Newt to watch Lorena, instead of Dish?
9. How does Gus teach the bartender to respect him and Call?
10. What does July decide to do first after getting the telegram from Peach?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)