|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jake Spoon kill?
(a) A Texas Ranger
(b) A sheriff
(c) An Indian
(d) A dentist
2. What does Gus offer for "a poke" regardless of whether Lorena wins at cutting the cards or not?
(a) A new dress
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Ten dollars
(d) To take her to San Francisco
3. Maggie told Gus _____ was Newt's father?
(b) Pea Eye
4. Who helps Roscoe when he fears he will not even find Texas?
(b) A group of Texas Rangers
(c) A group of soldiers
5. The morning after the storm, who is missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which kind of customer does Lorena prefer?
2. What did Gus give Dish outside the saloon?
3. What has Elmira told the townspeople about her former husband?
4. What did Call give Newt in honor of his first trip to Mexico to round up livestock?
5. What does Blue Duck want his men to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jake tell Call about he and Lorena tagging along the herd?
2. What happens to Sean?
3. What does Gus fear concerning Lorena now that Jake Spoon is in town?
4. What worries Deets about the trip to Montana?
5. What upsets Call when Jake tells him his and Lorena's plans?
6. Why does Jake call himself a fool?
7. What did Jake Spoon talk about at breakfast that interested Call and Gus?
8. Captain Call was restless. What did he want to do?
9. How does Elmira react to the news that July is going to find Jake Spoon?
10. How does Wilbarger sway Call to make a decision about his restlessness?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)