|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists that July follow Jake Spoon?
(a) Peach Johnson
(b) Dee Boot
(c) Elmira Johnson
(d) Roscoe Brown
2. Who goes back to Lonesome Dove with the first herd of horses?
(a) Jake, Dish and Deets
(b) Sean and Allen O'Brien
(c) Call, Pea Eye, and Newt
(d) Gus, Call, and Pea Eye
3. What is Deets looking for when he finds Lorena and Jake?
(a) Call's watch
(b) Lorena's horse
(c) A place for the herd to cross the river
(d) His calvary cap
4. What does Blue Duck want his men to do?
(a) Kill Gus
(b) Kill some buffalo
(c) Steal some horses
(d) Leave him alone
5. What do Peach and Charlie Barnes want Roscoe to do, once they discover Elmira is gone?
(a) They want him to send July a telegram.
(b) They want him to go after July to tell him his wife is missing.
(c) They want him to quit as deputy.
(d) They want him to wait for July to come home to tell him the bad news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Lorena she belongs?
2. Who does Roscoe pick up on the way to find July?
3. With whom does Newt bond, becoming fast friends?
4. What does Jake forget to do before the storm?
5. Where does Gus stop on the way to find a cook, tears on his cheeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gus notice about the first forty horses that makes him laugh?
2. What worries Deets about the trip to Montana?
3. What does Wilbarger want from Call? What does he offer?
4. How does Elmira react to the news that July is going to find Jake Spoon?
5. What does Deets warn Lorena?
6. What does July decide to do first after getting the telegram from Peach?
7. Why does the bartender at the bar in San Antonio make Gus so mad?
8. How does Jake respond when Gus comes into Jake and Lorena's camp?
9. What does Elmira decide to do after the whiskey boat?
10. What does Gus understand about the constant talk of Sean's death?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)