|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assignment in the cattle drive goes to Deets?
(a) Back up
(b) The drags
(c) Scouting nightly bed and water for the herd
(d) Right Point
2. Who insists that July follow Jake Spoon?
(a) Peach Johnson
(b) Roscoe Brown
(c) Elmira Johnson
(d) Dee Boot
3. What causes Jake's thumb to get infected?
(a) A scorpion sting
(b) A splinter
(c) A mesquite thorn
(d) A cactus thorn
4. Where do Gus and Call go after finding a new wagon and mules?
(a) The Buckhorn saloon
(b) Clara's Orchard
(d) Back to the herd
5. Who rides up while Gus is bathing in the river in Lorena and Jake's camp?
(c) Blue Duck
(d) Willie Montgomery
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Call let the men stop working early the day Jake returns?
2. Who was Lorena with when Dish goes to see her?
3. Where is Jake when Gus comes into the Dry Bean and finds Lorena alone?
4. What is the name of the rich Mexican bandit?
5. What does Jake forget to do before the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gus understand about the constant talk of Sean's death?
2. Why does Gus send Newt to watch Lorena, instead of Dish?
3. What does Gus fear concerning Lorena now that Jake Spoon is in town?
4. How does Elmira feel about July? Why?
5. What upsets Call when Jake tells him his and Lorena's plans?
6. What does Elmira decide to do after the whiskey boat?
7. What does Lorena ask Dish when he arrives at the Dry Bean? How does it make Dish feel?
8. Why does Jake call himself a fool?
9. How does Gus teach the bartender to respect him and Call?
10. How does Jake respond when Gus comes into Jake and Lorena's camp?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)