|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lorena reject after meeting Jake, starting the rumors that she is out of business?
(d) Jasper Fant
2. How many times has Gus been married?
(a) Three Times
3. What does Jake forget to do before the storm?
(a) Stay under the trees
(b) Get his jug
(c) Hobble the horses
(d) Set up camp
4. What has Elmira told the townspeople about her former husband?
(a) She was never married.
(b) He went North.
(c) He was killed by Indians.
(d) He died of smallpox.
5. What does Deets use to help Jake?
(a) The needle he uses to repair his pants
(b) A doctor
(c) His quirt
(d) A bottle of whiskey
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gus feel about going to Montana?
2. What does Lorena want Jake to do with the fifty dollars?
3. Who rides up while Gus is bathing in the river in Lorena and Jake's camp?
4. What does Janey offer to do when she tells Roscoe that bandits are about to ambush them?
5. Gus's sign told customers "We don't _______"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Call when Jake tells him his and Lorena's plans?
2. What did Jake Spoon talk about at breakfast that interested Call and Gus?
3. Why does Gus send Newt to watch Lorena, instead of Dish?
4. What does July decide to do first after getting the telegram from Peach?
5. Why does Jake call himself a fool?
6. What does Wilbarger want from Call? What does he offer?
7. What does Gus notice about the first forty horses that makes him laugh?
8. What worries Deets about the trip to Montana?
9. Captain Call was restless. What did he want to do?
10. What happens to Sean?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)