|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jake Spoon kill?
(a) A dentist
(b) An Indian
(c) A Texas Ranger
(d) A sheriff
2. Who did Clara marry?
(a) Jake Spoon
(b) Pea Eye
(c) Bob Allen
3. What is Deets looking for when he finds Lorena and Jake?
(a) A place for the herd to cross the river
(b) Call's watch
(c) Lorena's horse
(d) His calvary cap
4. Who insists that July follow Jake Spoon?
(a) Elmira Johnson
(b) Dee Boot
(c) Peach Johnson
(d) Roscoe Brown
5. What wakes Newt from dozing when he was supposed to be watching Lorena?
(a) A cattle stampede
(b) Lorena's screams
(d) Po Campo
Short Answer Questions
1. What assignment in the cattle drive goes to Dish, the top hand?
2. What does Dish suggest to Jasper as they leave the Dry Bean together?
3. Maggie told Gus _____ was Newt's father?
4. What does Jake insist on if they are going to travel with the herd?
5. What does Blue Duck want his men to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elmira react to the news that July is going to find Jake Spoon?
2. What upsets Call when Jake tells him his and Lorena's plans?
3. Why does Gus send Newt to watch Lorena, instead of Dish?
4. What did Jake Spoon talk about at breakfast that interested Call and Gus?
5. Captain Call was restless. What did he want to do?
6. What bothers Newt most about the crew's negative remarks about Jake?
7. Why is Gus not trying to hide the horses they brought back from Mexico?
8. What does Gus do after the battle with Blue Duck's men?
9. What happens to Sean?
10. Why does the bartender at the bar in San Antonio make Gus so mad?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)