|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake want to borrow from Call?
(a) A dress for Lorena
(b) His hat
(c) A horse
(d) Ten dollars
2. What does Gus find to use as cover from the attacking Kiowas?
(a) An abandoned building
(b) A hill
(c) A depression in the ground from where a buffalo rolled
(d) A creek
3. What does Jake do when Lorena tells him about Gus and the fifty-dollar poke she says she turned down?
(a) He takes the fifty dollars.
(b) He cries.
(c) He shoots Gus.
(d) He slaps her.
4. Who is Lorena sitting with at the Dry Bean when Dish arrives?
(a) Lippy and Jake
(b) Jasper and Xavier
(c) Gus and Deets
(d) Newt and Pea Eye
5. What does Lorena want Jake to do with the fifty dollars?
(a) Gamble and turn it into one hundred dollars
(b) Buy her a good horse
(c) Buy a train ticket to San Francisco
(d) Get her some new clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stragglers does Newt ride past in the dust?
2. What is July's main concern about Elmira?
3. What river do Lorena and Jake reach before the herd?
4. What does Jake think about doing with Lorena?
5. What was the name of Call's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sean?
2. Captain Call was restless. What did he want to do?
3. What does Gus understand about the constant talk of Sean's death?
4. What bothers Newt most about the crew's negative remarks about Jake?
5. Why is Gus not trying to hide the horses they brought back from Mexico?
6. How does Wilbarger sway Call to make a decision about his restlessness?
7. What happens to Lorena and Jake during the storm?
8. Why does Blue Duck show so little interest in Lorena?
9. What does Gus fear concerning Lorena now that Jake Spoon is in town?
10. What upsets Call when Jake tells him his and Lorena's plans?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)