|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters 72-74.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roscoe suggest has happened to Elmira?
(a) She followed July.
(b) She was taken by a bear.
(c) She was taken by buffalo hunters.
(d) She left on a whiskey boat.
2. The morning after the storm, who is missing?
3. What does Jake forget to do before the storm?
(a) Get his jug
(b) Hobble the horses
(c) Stay under the trees
(d) Set up camp
4. What does Lorena tell Jake about gambling?
(a) That she hopes he never comes back
(b) That it is against her religion and he must quit
(c) That she will come with him
(d) That he should go ahead while she stays in camp
5. What causes Jake's thumb to get infected?
(a) A splinter
(b) A scorpion sting
(c) A mesquite thorn
(d) A cactus thorn
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Gus and Call plan to look for a new cook?
2. When Newt walks back to the wagon, who does he see first?
3. Why does Dan Suggs offer Jake a position on their crew when Jake is ready to leave Dallas?
4. Who sings a mournful ballad to the cattle?
5. What does Dish suggest to Jasper as they leave the Dry Bean together?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)