|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 38-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lorena with when Dish goes to see her?
2. What does Jake think about doing with Lorena?
(a) Selling her to the Indians
(b) Making her become a prostitute again
(c) Leaving her in a town somewhere
(d) Marrying her
3. How did Elmira actually leave?
(a) She took a stagecoach.
(b) She took the train.
(c) She rode Memphis out of town at night.
(d) She left on the whiskey boat.
4. What causes Jake's thumb to get infected?
(a) A mesquite thorn
(b) A splinter
(c) A scorpion sting
(d) A cactus thorn
5. What does Gus offer for "a poke" regardless of whether Lorena wins at cutting the cards or not?
(a) To take her to San Francisco
(b) A new dress
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) Ten dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus warn Lorena that Jake will do?
2. Who is Lorena sitting with at the Dry Bean when Dish arrives?
3. What is the name of Roscoe's horse?
4. How many stragglers does Newt ride past in the dust?
5. What does Call do every night, now that he has decided to go to Montana?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)