|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 38-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which kind of customer does Lorena prefer?
(a) Older cowboys
(b) Younger cowboys
(c) Saloon owners
(d) Piano players
2. What does Jake insist on if they are going to travel with the herd?
(a) They must stop in San Antonio for gambling.
(b) She must help cook the meals along the way.
(c) She cannot offer her services to the cowboys.
(d) They must make their own camp instead of camping with the cowboys.
3. What does Gus warn Lorena that Jake will do?
(a) Offer to take her on the cattle drive instead of going to San Francisco
(b) Use the cattle drive to Montana as an excuse to leave her
(c) Sell her to the Indians
(d) Go to San Antonio for gambling
4. How does Gus feel about going to Montana?
(a) He can go for a spell, and if he does not like it, he can always come back.
(b) It sounds like too much work.
(c) He cannot wait to get started.
(d) He would rather go back to Tennessee.
5. What does Roscoe suggest has happened to Elmira?
(a) She followed July.
(b) She was taken by buffalo hunters.
(c) She left on a whiskey boat.
(d) She was taken by a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lorena reject after meeting Jake, starting the rumors that she is out of business?
2. How many cattle in all does Gus count?
3. What is the name of the rich Mexican bandit?
4. What assignment in the cattle drive goes to Dish, the top hand?
5. Where does Jake tell Lorena she belongs?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)