|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Call's hiring spree has brought the Dry Bean more business than ever. However, what do Lippy and Xavier realize will happen?
(a) They will not have enough liquor for everyone without a trip to San Antonio.
(b) The railroad will come next.
(c) One "out of business" sporting woman is not enough for the cowboys.
(d) When the crew leaves for Montana, Lonesome Dove will become a ghost town.
2. What was the name of the livestock business?
(a) The Texas Rangers
(b) The Dry Bean Saloon
(c) Lonesome Dove
(d) The Hat Creek Cattle Company
3. What does Call do every night, now that he has decided to go to Montana?
(a) He goes to the Dry Bean to get drunk.
(b) He sleeps peacefully on his feather bed.
(c) He rounds up free Mexican cattle.
(d) He visits Maggie.
4. Who ropes the second horse for the O'Brien brothers?
5. How many stragglers does Newt ride past in the dust?
(a) Twenty-six hundred head
(b) Four thousand head
(c) Thirty-five head
(d) Eighteen hundred head
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Gus been married?
2. With whom does Newt bond, becoming fast friends?
3. What assignment in the cattle drive goes to Deets?
4. How does Gus feel about going to Montana?
5. What does Lorena want Jake to do with the fifty dollars?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)