|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ropes the first horse for the O'Brien brothers?
(d) Pea Eye
2. What does Gus warn Lorena that Jake will do?
(a) Go to San Antonio for gambling
(b) Offer to take her on the cattle drive instead of going to San Francisco
(c) Sell her to the Indians
(d) Use the cattle drive to Montana as an excuse to leave her
3. How does Gus feel about going to Montana?
(a) He can go for a spell, and if he does not like it, he can always come back.
(b) He cannot wait to get started.
(c) It sounds like too much work.
(d) He would rather go back to Tennessee.
4. How many cattle in all does Gus count?
(a) Twenty-six hundred head
(b) Four thousand head
(c) Thirty five head
(d) Eighteen hundred head
5. What assignment in the cattle drive goes to Dish, the top hand?
(a) Back up
(b) Scouting nightly bed and water for the herd
(c) Right Point
(d) The drags
Short Answer Questions
1. What assignment in the cattle drive goes to Deets?
2. With whom does Newt bond, becoming fast friends?
3. Knowing that Gus is right and Jake will not take Lorena to San Francisco, where does Jake plan to take her instead?
4. What does Lorena want Jake to do with the fifty dollars?
5. What does Gus offer for "a poke" regardless of whether Lorena wins at cutting the cards or not?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)