|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dish suggest to Jasper as they leave the Dry Bean together?
(a) He should go to San Antonio to get a job.
(b) He should find another sporting woman.
(c) He should hire on with the Hat Creek Cattle Company.
(d) He should kill Jake.
2. Call's hiring spree has brought the Dry Bean more business than ever. However, what do Lippy and Xavier realize will happen?
(a) When the crew leaves for Montana, Lonesome Dove will become a ghost town.
(b) They will not have enough liquor for everyone without a trip to San Antonio.
(c) One "out of business" sporting woman is not enough for the cowboys.
(d) The railroad will come next.
3. Who ropes the first horse for the O'Brien brothers?
(b) Pea Eye
4. What are the O'Brien brothers doing when Deets sees them?
(a) Riding horses
(c) Fighting the Mexican bandits
5. Who returned during breakfast?
(a) Deets and Jake Spoon
(b) Pea Eye and Newt
(c) July Johnson and Roscoe
(d) Dish Bogget and Lippy
Short Answer Questions
1. Gus's sign told customers "We don't _______"?
2. What was the name of Call's horse?
3. Who goes back to Lonesome Dove with the first herd of horses?
4. What does Call do every night, now that he has decided to go to Montana?
5. What did Call give Newt in honor of his first trip to Mexico to round up livestock?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)