|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Call do every night, now that he has decided to go to Montana?
(a) He sleeps peacefully on his feather bed.
(b) He visits Maggie.
(c) He goes to the Dry Bean to get drunk.
(d) He rounds up free Mexican cattle.
2. What does Jake want to borrow from Call?
(a) A dress for Lorena
(b) His hat
(c) Ten dollars
(d) A horse
3. What does Dish suggest to Jasper as they leave the Dry Bean together?
(a) He should go to San Antonio to get a job.
(b) He should find another sporting woman.
(c) He should kill Jake.
(d) He should hire on with the Hat Creek Cattle Company.
4. Where is Jake when Gus comes into the Dry Bean and finds Lorena alone?
(a) He is upstairs sleeping.
(b) He is branding cattle at the ranch.
(c) He is fishing with Xavier.
(d) He is gambling in San Antonio.
5. Call's hiring spree has brought the Dry Bean more business than ever. However, what do Lippy and Xavier realize will happen?
(a) When the crew leaves for Montana, Lonesome Dove will become a ghost town.
(b) They will not have enough liquor for everyone without a trip to San Antonio.
(c) One "out of business" sporting woman is not enough for the cowboys.
(d) The railroad will come next.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Clara marry?
2. What is the name of the rich Mexican bandit?
3. Gus's sign told customers "We don't _______"?
4. What does Gus offer for "a poke" regardless of whether Lorena wins at cutting the cards or not?
5. Who brought Lorena to Lonesome Dove?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)