|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters 87-89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Call's hiring spree has brought the Dry Bean more business than ever. However, what do Lippy and Xavier realize will happen?
(a) When the crew leaves for Montana, Lonesome Dove will become a ghost town.
(b) The railroad will come next.
(c) One "out of business" sporting woman is not enough for the cowboys.
(d) They will not have enough liquor for everyone without a trip to San Antonio.
2. Where is Jake when Gus comes into the Dry Bean and finds Lorena alone?
(a) He is upstairs sleeping.
(b) He is branding cattle at the ranch.
(c) He is fishing with Xavier.
(d) He is gambling in San Antonio.
3. What do the boys do differently to cross the Canadian?
(a) Switch positions so the most experienced hands are at the rear
(b) Ride naked to keep their clothes dry
(c) Pack mud all over their skin to deter the snakes
(d) Make floatation devices to float across the river
4. What does Elmira risk on her journey?
(a) Buffalo hunters
(d) A draught
5. Where do Gus and Call plan to look for a new cook?
(a) St. Louis
(d) Fort Worth
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dan kill the farmers?
2. Who is Lorena sitting with at the Dry Bean when Dish arrives?
3. How many cattle in all does Gus count?
4. What does Gus tell Call about the cattle drive?
5. What is the Suggs brothers gang doing when Call and Gus find them?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)