|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Jake's thumb to get infected?
(a) A splinter
(b) A mesquite thorn
(c) A scorpion sting
(d) A cactus thorn
2. What does Jake want to borrow from Call?
(a) His hat
(b) A horse
(c) Ten dollars
(d) A dress for Lorena
3. Who does Lorena reject after meeting Jake, starting the rumors that she is out of business?
(b) Jasper Fant
4. How does Gus feel about going to Montana?
(a) It sounds like too much work.
(b) He would rather go back to Tennessee.
(c) He cannot wait to get started.
(d) He can go for a spell, and if he does not like it, he can always come back.
5. What river do Lorena and Jake reach before the herd?
(a) Red River
(b) Yellowstone River
(c) Mississippi River
(d) Nueces River
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jake when Gus comes into the Dry Bean and finds Lorena alone?
2. What does Call do every night, now that he has decided to go to Montana?
3. Gus's sign told customers "We don't _______"?
4. What is Deets looking for when he finds Lorena and Jake?
5. Where does Jake tell Lorena she belongs?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)