|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters 62-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings a mournful ballad to the cattle?
2. What does Louisa get Roscoe to do when he stops to ask if she has seen July?
(a) Remove stumps from her farmland
(b) Stay for a few days
(c) Get married
(d) Catch a rabbit for dinner
3. What does Newt do, as he watches Sean dying?
(a) He rides away.
(b) He yells at Deets for choosing a bad crossing.
(c) He sings.
(d) He cries.
4. Who rescues Roscoe from the bandits?
5. What do the boys do differently to cross the Canadian?
(a) Ride naked to keep their clothes dry
(b) Pack mud all over their skin to deter the snakes
(c) Switch positions so the most experienced hands are at the rear
(d) Make floatation devices to float across the river
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lorena sitting with at the Dry Bean when Dish arrives?
2. What assignment in the cattle drive goes to Dish, the top hand?
3. Who dies in the thunderstorm?
4. Who wants to marry Elmira?
5. What does Gus go back to Lonesome Dove to get before leaving for Montana?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)