|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a common worldwide bacterial disease, transmitted by the ingestion of food or water contaminated with the feces of an infected person?
2. What was the name of Mikey's mother in the narrative?
3. What refers to the tearing-down of buildings and other structures, the opposite of construction?
4. In Arabic, the word jihād translates as a noun meaning what?
5. After Marcus completed BUD/S, he went to jump school where in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did the instructors push the trainees in Chapter 5? What happened when Marcus was hospitalized?
2. How is Shane Patton described in Chapter 1? How did Marcus relate to Shane?
3. How did Marcus feel about the meetings he had in the Prologue? Which meeting was the hardest?
4. How did the author describe Danny in Chapter 1? How did Danny act toward the other members of the team?
5. Where was Marcus and his team headed for their mission in Chapter 1? How did they feel about their objective?
6. Where did Marcus pursue more training following BUD/S in Chapter 5? In what did he train?
7. How does the author describe the beginning of Hell Week in Chapter 5? Why did Marcus feel several of the men quit?
8. Where was Marcus traveling in Chapter 1? Why? How did his team feel about their mission?
9. What did phase three of the training entail in Chapter 5? Where were the men trained? How many remained by the end of the fourth week?
10. What was revealed in the briefing with Marcus's team in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Marcus's family ranch in Texas. How did Marcus's father relate to his sons? What did Marcus learn about finance through the oil industry? Where was Marcus's twin brother when he was deployed to Afghanistan? How close was he with his brother?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Marcus's training at Fort Benning, the Eighteenth Delta Force, Fort Bragg and Panama City. What did Marcus become certified in through this training? Also discuss the impact of the World Trade Center attacks on September 11, 2001. How did this event affect Marcus and his view of the military?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Marcus's interrogation by the Taliban in Chapter 10. How did the Taliban know Marcus was in the village? Why did they obey the village elder when he told them they were not allowed to take Marcus? What dangers did the Taliban pose to the villagers?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)