|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the tearing-down of buildings and other structures, the opposite of construction?
2. How many days would the men spend at Camp Pendleton working at the shooting ranges in Chapter 5?
3. Marcus went to the SDV school (submarines) where in Chapter 5?
4. What was Axe's full name and title?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, Marcus had experienced his last day of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the beginning of BUD/S training in Chapter 4? How many men dropped out?
2. What did Captain Maguire tell Marcus's training class in Chapter 4? How many men made it through the first four-week assessment?
3. Where was Marcus traveling in Chapter 1? Why? How did his team feel about their mission?
4. Where did Marcus pursue more training following BUD/S in Chapter 5? In what did he train?
5. How does the author describe Axe in Chapter 1? Who was Axe's best friend?
6. What did the trainees face after Hell Week ended in Chapter 5? How many men made it to phase three?
7. How did the author describe Danny in Chapter 1? How did Danny act toward the other members of the team?
8. How did Hell Week conclude in Chapter 5, according to the author? How many of the men lasted through the week?
9. How is Shane Patton described in Chapter 1? How did Marcus relate to Shane?
10. How does the author describe Mikey in Chapter 1? What did Marcus like about Mikey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Marcus's family ranch in Texas. How did Marcus's father relate to his sons? What did Marcus learn about finance through the oil industry? Where was Marcus's twin brother when he was deployed to Afghanistan? How close was he with his brother?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Afghan War, al Qaeda, and the Taliban, and analyze the mission of Marcus's team in Chapter 1. Where was Marcus's team deployed? When did the U.S. enter into war with Afghanistan? What has been the impact of the war?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Marcus's training at Fort Benning, the Eighteenth Delta Force, Fort Bragg and Panama City. What did Marcus become certified in through this training? Also discuss the impact of the World Trade Center attacks on September 11, 2001. How did this event affect Marcus and his view of the military?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)