|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Axe was best friends with whom in the narrative?
2. What was the name of Mikey's fiancee described in the Prologue?
3. What was Sharmak's actual name?
(a) Gulab Shah.
(b) Osama bin Ladin.
(c) Barack Obama.
(d) Ahmad Shah.
4. Marcus went to the SDV school (submarines) where in Chapter 5?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Anchorage, Alaska.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Panama City, Florida.
5. After three days without sleep, the men were sent to their tents for how much rest in Chapter 5?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 hour and 45 minutes.
(c) 50 minutes.
(d) 10 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does SEAL stand for in the U.S. Navy SEALs?
2. What does the word "taliban" translate to from Arabic?
3. How many days would the men spend at Camp Pendleton working at the shooting ranges in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Mikey's fiancee live in the Prologue of the book?
5. Senior Chief Daniel Richard Healy had how many children in the narrative?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Marcus traveling in Chapter 1? Why? How did his team feel about their mission?
2. How did Hell Week conclude in Chapter 5, according to the author? How many of the men lasted through the week?
3. What did phase three of the training entail in Chapter 5? Where were the men trained? How many remained by the end of the fourth week?
4. Where did Marcus pursue more training following BUD/S in Chapter 5? In what did he train?
5. What aspect of training had Marcus just completed at the beginning of Chapter 4? How had his class transformed at this point?
6. What did Captain Maguire tell Marcus's training class in Chapter 4? How many men made it through the first four-week assessment?
7. What does the author relate of his father in Chapter 2? How did his father influence him to become a Navy SEAL?
8. What does the author discuss regarding the ethics and politics of war in Chapter 6?
9. How is Shane Patton described in Chapter 1? How did Marcus relate to Shane?
10. How much rest time were the trainees given during Hell Week in Chapter 5? What was one of their final tests?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)