|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Marcus Luttrell traveling to meet with in the Prologue of the book?
(a) The U.S. President.
(b) The loved ones of his fallen team members.
(c) His brother.
(d) His Superior Officers.
2. Petty Officer Shane Patton was how old in the narrative?
3. What was the name of Mikey's fiancee described in the Prologue?
4. The Taliban is an Islamist militant and political group that ruled large parts of Afghanistan from September 1996 until when?
(a) May 2005.
(b) June 1998.
(c) April 1999.
(d) October 2001.
5. By the end of the fourth week of training, how many men remained in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Marcus left home on March 7, 1999 when he was how old, according to Chapter 3?
2. Where did Marcus attend Sniper School in Chapter 5?
3. Between missions, Marcus volunteered where in Chapter 6?
4. Where did the trainees go for advanced shooting and tactics, demolitions, and field training in Chapter 5?
5. What was Axe's full name and title?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Shane Patton described in Chapter 1? How did Marcus relate to Shane?
2. What aspect of training had Marcus just completed at the beginning of Chapter 4? How had his class transformed at this point?
3. What does the author discuss regarding the ethics and politics of war in Chapter 6?
4. What did Captain Maguire tell Marcus's training class in Chapter 4? How many men made it through the first four-week assessment?
5. How does the author describe the beginning of Hell Week in Chapter 5? Why did Marcus feel several of the men quit?
6. What was revealed in the briefing with Marcus's team in Chapter 6?
7. Where was Marcus and his team headed for their mission in Chapter 1? How did they feel about their objective?
8. Where was Marcus traveling in the Prologue? Why?
9. What did the trainees face after Hell Week ended in Chapter 5? How many men made it to phase three?
10. What does the author relate of his father in Chapter 2? How did his father influence him to become a Navy SEAL?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)