|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men went approximately how many hours without sleep and with extreme physical exertion, fending off hallucinations, in Chapter 5 during Hell Week?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 4, Marcus noticed that over how many of the men who started out in the class never finished?
3. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) "Baby Seals... and Big Ole Gators."
(b) "To Afghanistan... In a Flying Warehouse."
(c) "Welcome to Hell, Gentlemen."
(d) "Like the Remnants of a Ravaged Army."
4. What was the training called in which men burst into the room with machine guns blaring as they shot the lights out in Chapter 4?
(a) Starry Night.
(b) Shock and Awe.
(d) Meteor Shower.
5. After Marcus completed BUD/S, he went to jump school where in Chapter 5?
(a) San Clemente Island.
(b) Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
(c) Panama City, Florida.
(d) Fort Benning, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the men made it through Hell Week in Chapter 5?
2. What is the title of Chapter 1?
3. What refers to a marksman who shoots targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the capabilities of regular personnel?
4. How many of the initial 98 made it through the first four-week assessment of BUD/S in Chapter 4?
5. By the end of the fourth week of training, how many men remained in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author employ foreshadowing when describing his tour in Iraq in Chapter 1?
2. How does the author describe Mikey in Chapter 1? What did Marcus like about Mikey?
3. Where was Marcus traveling in Chapter 1? Why? How did his team feel about their mission?
4. Where did Marcus and five others leave from for a mission in Chapter 1? How did they travel? Why did they complain?
5. How did the author describe Danny in Chapter 1? How did Danny act toward the other members of the team?
6. What does Marcus reflect upon as the team is flying in Chapter 2? How does he describe his family?
7. How did Marcus feel about the meetings he had in the Prologue? Which meeting was the hardest?
8. What did Captain Maguire tell Marcus's training class in Chapter 4? How many men made it through the first four-week assessment?
9. What does the author discuss regarding the ethics and politics of war in Chapter 6?
10. Where was Marcus traveling in the Prologue? Why?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)