|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Sarawa left the cave saying he would come back in what amount of time?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 8 hours.
2. Marcus tried to pay Gulab for his kindness by giving him what in Chapter 11?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) His watch.
(d) Some coins.
3. Who used his mobile phone to try and reach help in Chapter 8?
4. What are an Eastern Iranian ethnic group with populations primarily between the Hindu Kush mountains in Afghanistan and the Indus River in Pakistan?
5. What tradition did Marcus come to understand that as a wounded stranger he would be given aid and protected against enemies at all costs in Chapter 11?
(a) Hari Kari.
(d) Lokhay Warkawal.
6. Mike made the call at the beginning of Chapter 8, which was what?
(a) "Cease fire."
(b) "Full speed ahead."
(c) "Fall back."
(d) "Abondon ship."
7. In Chapter 11, Marcus was furious that he had done what during the thunderstorm instead of leaving?
(a) Drank heavily.
(c) Took a shower.
(d) Called home.
8. The term Geneva Convention denotes the agreements of what year, negotiated in the aftermath of the Second World War?
9. What is the title of Chapter 8?
(a) "Two-two-eight! It's Two-two-eight!"
(b) "The Final Battle for Murphy's Ridge."
(c) "Welcome to Hell, Gentlemen."
(d) "Reports of My Death Greatly Exaggerated."
10. What was the name of Marcus' father?
11. How many men found Marcus and helped him to their village in Chapter 9?
12. Who talked with Marcus's mother, telling her that Marcus was not dead in their opinion in Chapter 11?
(a) Admiral Mullin.
(b) Sergeant Anderson.
(c) Colonel Collins.
(d) Senior Chief Gothro.
13. At the end of Chapter 8, as he lay hidden, Marcus killed how many Taliban fighters who could have found him?
14. Marcus was was mentally reciting which Psalm from the Bible when he heard water in Chapter 9?
(a) The 12th Psalm.
(b) The 23rd Psalm.
(c) The 18th Psalm.
(d) The 4th Psalm.
15. Marcus' brother was what?
(a) A Marine Officer.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A Navy SEAL.
(d) An Army Officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an unwritten code of life and traditional way found among Pashtuns in Afghanistan and Pakistan, dating to the pre-Islamic era?
2. Who burst into the room Marcus was housed in at the village and beat him in Chapter 10?
3. What is the title of Chapter 7?
4. What was the name of the village doctor who was among the villagers who found Marcus in Chapter 9?
5. A young boy around 17 came into Marcus' room, and enjoyed watching what, in Chapter 10?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)