|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Marcus' father?
2. Mikey was shot through the chest, and Axe was shot where in Chapter 8?
(a) The thigh.
(b) The neck.
(c) The groin.
(d) The head.
3. What was the mountain range where the SEAL members were sent to fight the members of the Taliban in the narrative?
(a) Hindu Kush.
(b) The Himalayas.
(c) The Sierra Nevada.
(d) The Andes.
4. Who remained insistent that Marcus was alive in Chapter 10?
5. The village children had been beaten by whom as they attempted to find dropped supplies in Chapter 11?
(a) Homeland security.
(b) The village elders.
(c) The Navy SEALs.
(d) Taliban fighters.
6. In Chapter 7, Marcus knew that as a medic he could have helped Mikey and Danny, but he was unable to for what reason?
(a) He was shot in the arm.
(b) He lost his supplies in the fall.
(c) They refused treatment.
(d) He was under heavy fire.
7. Sarawa and other villagers took Marcus away to a cave on what day in Chapter 10?
(a) September 24.
(b) June 30.
(c) January 11.
(d) March 8.
8. Marcus refused to drink from the river because of what, in Chapter 9?
(a) Animals bathed in it.
(b) People urinated in it.
(c) It flowed past his dead comrades.
(d) There were dead fish everywhere.
9. Marcus used an infrared strobe light and the laser from what to signal the regular U.S. flyby in Chapter 8?
(a) His shotgun.
(b) His rangefinder.
(c) His rifle.
(d) His keychain.
10. Marcus was given shelter by friendly tribesmen from what village in the narrative?
11. Back in Texas there were now nearly how many people trying to stay optimistic in Chapter 11?
12. Marcus was trying to make contact by radio after the battle ended in Chapter 8, but he couldn't speak for what reason?
(a) He was shot in the lungs.
(b) He was shot in the neck.
(d) He was shot in the mouth.
13. With his last words, Axe asked Marcus to do what?
(a) Adopt his dog.
(b) Tell his mom he loved her.
(c) Tell his wife he loved her.
(d) Ask his dad for forgiveness.
14. Who spoke with Sharmak while in the mountains in Chapter 11?
15. When Danny was shot a third time in Chapter 7, it was where?
(a) His neck.
(b) His head.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. The articles of which Geneva Convention extensively defined the basic rights of prisoners during war, established protections for the wounded, and established protections for the civilians in and around a war zone?
2. Marcus was freed from being stuck under the log by what in Chapter 8?
3. By what month had many people in Marcus's hometown lost hope in Chapter 10?
4. The Taliban fighters shot down what aircraft that attempted to help Marcus in Chapter 8?
5. How many goatherds did Marcus's team encounter, along with a fourteen-year-old boy in Chapter 7?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)