|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danny died in whose arms in Chapter 8?
2. What was Marcus next to when he was discovered by the villagers in Chapter 9?
(a) A pond.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A cave.
(d) A meadow.
3. What are an Eastern Iranian ethnic group with populations primarily between the Hindu Kush mountains in Afghanistan and the Indus River in Pakistan?
4. The village children had been beaten by whom as they attempted to find dropped supplies in Chapter 11?
(a) The village elders.
(b) The Navy SEALs.
(c) Homeland security.
(d) Taliban fighters.
5. What tradition did Marcus come to understand that as a wounded stranger he would be given aid and protected against enemies at all costs in Chapter 11?
(a) Hari Kari.
(c) Lokhay Warkawal.
6. Where did Marcus grow up?
7. Sarawa and other villagers took Marcus away to a cave on what day in Chapter 10?
(a) January 11.
(b) March 8.
(c) June 30.
(d) September 24.
8. What was the name of Marcus' mother?
9. One day the villagers called out to Marcus excitedly because they had seen what, in Chapter 11?
(a) A fighter plane.
(b) A military convoy.
(c) A parachute.
(d) A shooting star.
10. At the end of Chapter 8, as he lay hidden, Marcus killed how many Taliban fighters who could have found him?
11. In Chapter 10, Sarawa left the cave saying he would come back in what amount of time?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 8 hours.
12. When the battle was over in Chapter 8, Marcus couldn't stand because of what reason?
(a) His right knee was broken.
(b) He had no left foot.
(c) His neck was broken.
(d) His leg was full of shrapnel.
13. Back in Texas there were now nearly how many people trying to stay optimistic in Chapter 11?
14. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(a) "Blown-up, Shot, and Presumed Dead."
(b) "Reports of My Death Greatly Exaggerated."
(c) "Welcome to Hell, Gentlemen."
(d) "Two-two-eight! It's Two-two-eight!"
15. In Chapter 11, the Taliban fighters were threatening the villagers, demanding that they do what?
(a) Start jihad.
(b) Hand over the American.
(d) Support the Taliban.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Marcus drank by pouring drink into his mouth rather than sipping from it so he wouldn't get what?
2. How many cracked vertebrae did Marcus have after the battle in Chapter 8?
3. Marcus was trying to make contact by radio after the battle ended in Chapter 8, but he couldn't speak for what reason?
4. Back at the ranch, over how many people had gathered in Chapter 10?
5. Not long after encountering the goatherds, Marcus's team found themselves surrounded by heavily armed Taliban warriors armed with rocket-propelled grenades and what?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)