|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day the villagers called out to Marcus excitedly because they had seen what, in Chapter 11?
(a) A parachute.
(b) A fighter plane.
(c) A military convoy.
(d) A shooting star.
2. What did the villagers give Marcus for the severe pain he was feeling in Chapter 10?
3. The village children had been beaten by whom as they attempted to find dropped supplies in Chapter 11?
(a) The village elders.
(b) Taliban fighters.
(c) Homeland security.
(d) The Navy SEALs.
4. What was the mountain range where the SEAL members were sent to fight the members of the Taliban in the narrative?
(a) Hindu Kush.
(b) The Himalayas.
(c) The Sierra Nevada.
(d) The Andes.
5. At the end of Chapter 8, as he lay hidden, Marcus killed how many Taliban fighters who could have found him?
6. Danny died in whose arms in Chapter 8?
7. What did Sarawa and other villagers give Marcus to drink from at the cave in Chapter 10?
(a) An old Pepsi bottle.
(b) A camel stomach.
(c) A Budweiser can.
(d) A clay pot.
8. What was the name of Marcus' twin brother?
9. What is an unwritten code of life and traditional way found among Pashtuns in Afghanistan and Pakistan, dating to the pre-Islamic era?
(b) Lokhay Warkawal.
(c) Hari Kari.
10. In Chapter 11, Marcus was furious that he had done what during the thunderstorm instead of leaving?
(a) Took a shower.
(b) Drank heavily.
(c) Called home.
11. Marcus was trying to make contact by radio after the battle ended in Chapter 8, but he couldn't speak for what reason?
(a) He was shot in the mouth.
(b) He was shot in the neck.
(c) He was shot in the lungs.
12. A young boy around 17 came into Marcus' room, and enjoyed watching what, in Chapter 10?
(a) The goats.
(b) The sunset.
(d) Soldiers beat him.
13. In Chapter 10, Marcus drank by pouring drink into his mouth rather than sipping from it so he wouldn't get what?
14. How many cracked vertebrae did Marcus have after the battle in Chapter 8?
15. Marcus rigged up his radio emergency beacon and left it where in Chapter 11?
(a) In a field.
(b) The rooftop.
(c) In a tree.
(d) The windowsill.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term Geneva Convention denotes the agreements of what year, negotiated in the aftermath of the Second World War?
2. Who spoke with Sharmak while in the mountains in Chapter 11?
3. Marcus used an infrared strobe light and the laser from what to signal the regular U.S. flyby in Chapter 8?
4. What tradition did Marcus come to understand that as a wounded stranger he would be given aid and protected against enemies at all costs in Chapter 11?
5. Back in Texas there were now nearly how many people trying to stay optimistic in Chapter 11?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)