|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the men made it through Hell Week in Chapter 5?
2. What refers to the tearing-down of buildings and other structures, the opposite of construction?
(d) Ground war.
3. The Taliban is an Islamist militant and political group that ruled large parts of Afghanistan from September 1996 until when?
(a) April 1999.
(b) October 2001.
(c) May 2005.
(d) June 1998.
4. In Chapter 6, Marcus and his team were dropped by helicopters into a border hot spot where they saw how many Afghanistan tribesmen who opened fire?
5. Saddam Hussein was the fifth President of Iraq, serving in this capacity from 1979 until what year?
6. What does the word "taliban" translate to from Arabic?
(a) "Holy People."
7. What was the nickname of Senior Chief Daniel Richard Healy?
8. How many men quit in the first nine hours of Hell Week in Chapter 4?
9. Mikey was whose best friend in the narrative?
10. After three days without sleep, the men were sent to their tents for how much rest in Chapter 5?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 50 minutes.
(c) 1 hour and 45 minutes.
(d) 3 hours.
11. What year was it when six of the men left Bahrain to go on a mission in Chapter 1?
12. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) "Like the Remnants of a Ravaged Army."
(b) "Two-two-eight! It's Two-two-eight!"
(c) "To Afghanistan... In a Flying Warehouse."
(d) "Welcome to Hell, Gentlemen."
13. Axe was best friends with whom in the narrative?
14. On what date was Marcus's team finally given the go-ahead for the mission to get Sharmak in Chapter 6?
(a) April 14, 2001.
(b) June 27. 2005.
(c) May 23, 2006.
(d) November 18, 2004.
15. Who gave a pep talk and told the trainees to just try to make it through each day in Chapter 4?
(a) Captain Peterson.
(b) Captain Maguire.
(c) Colonel Collins.
(d) Admiral Mullin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Senior Chief Daniel Richard Healy was how old in the narrative?
2. Who was the U.S. President during the period in which the autobiography takes place?
3. When was Saddam Hussein born?
4. Petty Officer Shane Patton was how old in the narrative?
5. What was the training called in which men burst into the room with machine guns blaring as they shot the lights out in Chapter 4?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)