|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marcus refused to drink from the river because of what, in Chapter 9?
(a) There were dead fish everywhere.
(b) Animals bathed in it.
(c) People urinated in it.
(d) It flowed past his dead comrades.
2. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) "Welcome to Hell, Gentlemen."
(b) "Baby Seals... and Big Ole Gators."
(c) "To Afghanistan... In a Flying Warehouse."
(d) "Like the Remnants of a Ravaged Army."
3. Marcus was given shelter by friendly tribesmen from what village in the narrative?
4. What is the title of Chapter 9?
(a) "Reports of My Death Greatly Exaggerated."
(b) "Welcome to Hell, Gentlemen."
(c) "Blown-up, Shot, and Presumed Dead."
(d) "Two-two-eight! It's Two-two-eight!"
5. Marcus learned that there was an American military base how far away from the village in Chapter 10?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 11?
2. Who insisted that helicopters would come, then took Marcus out of the village into the mountains in Chapter 11?
3. What is the title of Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the town where the American base was near the village in Chapter 11?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, as he lay hidden, Marcus killed how many Taliban fighters who could have found him?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)