|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Becky's cell phone rings but Becky refuses to answer. Who is Becky refusing to talk to?
2. In the second chapter, it says that Ayinde has not had a close friend since when?
3. Becky goes for a walk to get away from Mimi. Whom does she go see?
4. What reason does Ayinde give Richard for Julian sleeping with them?
5. Why does Lia chose to pay this way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mimi finally go too far and prompt Becky to stand up to her?
2. We learn Kelly wanted a normal childhood in May Kelly. What does Kelly consider a normal childhood?
3. Lia calls her mother at the end of the "January Kelly" with the intent of asking her to meet her so she can forgive her and let her know it. How does Lia's mother turn the tables?
4. Why is Becky not happy with her mother-in-law moving to Philadelphia?
5. How does the interview in "January Kelly" depict Kelly's entire life?
6. How does the author begin to show suspense in "December Ayinde"?
7. Why is Becky so devastated that the doctor wants to perform a c-section?
8. In the chapter "February Lia," how is it shown that Lia is still in love and wants to reach out to Sam?
9. How does the author show the difference in the mothers' personalities as they are walking with the babies in their strollers?
10. Lia sees that the babies are growing and changing and Becky remarks that they all have changed. How does this comment mimic the theme and title of the story?
Essay Topic 1
The four friends have very unique personalities. Compare and contrast the friends. How are they alike and how are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in the story have experienced a loss. Choose one loss. Tell about this loss and how it affected the character.
Essay Topic 3
Three of the main characters all take a different approach to raising their children. Kelly takes the professional route and keeps track of everything on spreadsheets, Ayinde follows the book Baby Success, and Becky has a laid back approach. How do these particular strategies work out for them? If an approach does not seem to work out for them, what other approach do you think they should try and why? Does any one approach seem to work better than the others?
This section contains 1,918 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)