|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lia waiting on when she sees Merrill in the restaurant?
(b) A young mother with a baby.
(c) Grumpy Granny and her husband.
2. Where are the friends as "November Lia" opens?
(a) At the park.
(b) At Mas.
(c) At the coffee shop.
(d) At a Mommies and Babies music class.
3. Where is Lia when she has her dream?
(a) In the car.
(b) In her apartment..
(c) On the plane.
(d) At their new house.
4. What did Merrill tell Lia which helped her be able to have another child after losing her son?
(a) Her husband's love.
(c) The grief group.
(d) Having good friends..
5. When Becky comes to visit with Ayinde in "December Ayinde," what does she bring with her?
(b) A new outfit for Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "November Lia" a solution is found for Becky's childcare dilemma. Who is going to watch Oliver?
2. How does Kelly solve the problem at her event in "December Kelly"?
3. Once home from the music class in "January Kelly," Kelly is awakened by a phone call. Who is this phone call from?
4. How does Lia expect Sam to feel toward her?
5. Ayinde tells the friends that she and Richard will be appearing on what television show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the title of the story has a double meaning.
2. Kelly has been driven by appearances and having everything perfect. How does this change in "February Kelly"?
3. How does Becky crack the tough shell Mimi has built around her?
4. In the chapter "February Lia," how is it shown that Lia is still in love and wants to reach out to Sam?
5. How does the readers' perception of Steve change in "January Kelly"?
6. How does the author address the common feeling among mothers that they aren't as good at mothering as everyone else they know, or that they lost their temper and yelled?
7. What is ironic about Kelly and Steve's fight?
8. How does learning the truth about her childhood help Lia move toward reconciling with Sam?
9. How is Richard able to show his love for Ayinde during the crisis of baby Julian's sickness?
10. How does Merrill's talk of her husband help Lia make another step on the road to recovery?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)