|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Steve call Oliver?
(b) Little Man.
(c) The Big O.
2. Ayinde tells the friends that she and Richard will be appearing on what television show?
(b) The news.
(d) 60 Minutes.
3. What happens to Oliver during "January Kelly"?
(a) He falls out of his highchair.
(b) He gets his first tooth.
(c) He crawls for the first time.
(d) He says "Mama."
4. In "October Becky," Becky brings home a surprise for Andrew. What is the surprise?
(a) Tickets to a sporting event.
(b) His favorite dinner.
(c) None of the above.
(d) X-rated DVDs.
5. When Steve, Kelly, and Oliver return home from the music class, Kelly falls asleep for just a minute. What time is it when she wakes up?
(a) 1;30 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 3;00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Becky feel about being pregnant again?
2. What does Lia find out about her father during her conversation with her mother?
3. Why did Helen tell Lia that she made her keep the Strawberry Shortcake comforter?
4. What is Steve carrying when he returns home and finds Kelly with the reporter?
5. What does Kelly use to make a coffee table when the reporter came to visit in the chapter "January Kelly"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter "February Lia," how is it shown that Lia is still in love and wants to reach out to Sam?
2. Starting with "November Lia," tell how Lia is beginning to appear on the road to recovery.
3. How does the author show the difference in the mothers' personalities as they are walking with the babies in their strollers?
4. How does learning the truth about her childhood help Lia move toward reconciling with Sam?
5. How does the author foreshadow the disaster of the magazine interview?
6. How does Becky convince Andrew that they can't just give his mother what she wants?
7. How is Richard able to show his love for Ayinde during the crisis of baby Julian's sickness?
8. What action shows that Ayinde is beginning to come to terms with Richard's infidelity and the resulting child?
9. What is the huge plot twist that happens in "January Becky"?
10. How does Ayinde implement what she learned from her parents in her childhood: that she was a lucky little girl to live so well and she had to be kind and helpful to those less fortunate?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)