|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Helen tell Lia that she made her keep the Strawberry Shortcake comforter?
(a) It was so expensive.
(b) It was the only thing her father ever gave her.
(c) She knew she liked it so much.
(d) She had begged for it.
2. Of whom is Andrew speaking when he says, "Fine, disown us, we're better off without her"?
3. When Ayinde goes looking for Richard to talk with him, where does she find him?
(a) On the couch.
(b) At the park.
(c) Laying in the dark in their bed.
(d) Sitting in the nursery.
4. Once home from the music class in "January Kelly," Kelly is awakened by a phone call. Who is this phone call from?
(c) Elizabeth, her boss.
(d) Amy, a news reporter.
5. After Becky tells Andrew that she is sick, he disappears. Where does he go?
(a) To take Ava for a walk.
(b) To the park.
(c) To the drugstore.
(d) To work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lia remembers Sam putting a ring on her finger and asking her to let him be in her family now. What was the ring made of?
2. What does Lia find out about her father during her conversation with her mother?
3. Which character said, "You'd be surprised what people can live with"?
4. Where is Lia when she has her dream?
5. Where are the friends as "November Lia" opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show the difference in the mothers' personalities as they are walking with the babies in their strollers?
2. How is Mimi's self-absorption shown in "October Becky"?
3. Kelly has been driven by appearances and having everything perfect. How does this change in "February Kelly"?
4. Describe how Kelly struggles in "December Kelly" with raising the baby and working.
5. One of the main themes of the book is forgiveness. How is that played out in "February Becky"?
6. How does Merrill's talk of her husband help Lia make another step on the road to recovery?
7. How does the author begin to show suspense in "December Ayinde"?
8. How does the readers' perception of Steve change in "January Kelly"?
9. How does learning the truth about her childhood help Lia move toward reconciling with Sam?
10. How does the need for communication show in "February Kelly"?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)