|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Lia's mother live in?
(b) St. Louis.
2. How long is Kelly planning to take maternity leave?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
3. Which of the friends wanted to have twins?
4. What one word would describe Kelly in "August Kelly"?
5. How has Lia paid for everything for her trip home?
(b) Debit card.
(c) Credit card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lia tells Sam about her family?
2. What does Lia give Becky while she is walking with Ava trying to calm her?
3. What did Kelly's siblings think about her when they were growing up?
4. What does Julian do during the photo shoot?
5. What was in the briefcase belonging to the man next to Lia on the airplane?
Short Essay Questions
1. We learn Kelly wanted a normal childhood in May Kelly. What does Kelly consider a normal childhood?
2. What is the symbolism of Lia tucking her hair under the baseball cap as she heads for the Parents Together Grief group?
3. Ayinde always claims to want to stay at home with Julian. How does she interpret the failed job interview to justify this desire?
4. Kelly jokes, "It takes a village to feed my child." What does this mean?
5. What are some things that have shaped the way Kelly is today?
6. How does the "smelly monstrosity of a couch that the neighbor was throwing away" give Kelly flashbacks of her childhood?
7. Why does Kelly panic when she finds out that Steve wants to become a teacher?
8. What are some reasons Becky refuses or does not want to speak to Mimi, her mother-in-law?
9. Kelly and her husband Steve both come home from the hospital in "July Kelly." What had happened to Steve?
10. In "August Becky," what breakthroughs does Lia make with the loss of her son?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)