|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard think that Julian would rather play with?
(c) The blue teddy bear.
(d) The fuzzy butterfly.
2. What is on the blanket on the bed in Lia's old room?
(a) A note from her mother.
(b) A Strawberry Shortcake comforter.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) A pillow.
3. Where does Kelly decide to work?
(a) At the coffee shop.
(b) At home.
(c) At the office.
(d) At the park.
4. In "October Kelly," where is Kelly returning from?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The park.
(c) Ayinde's house.
(d) A job interview.
5. What city does Lia's mother live in?
(c) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ayinde think that Richard must feel about leaving her and Julian?
2. How does Ayinde feel about Richard leaving?
3. How long is Kelly planning to take maternity leave?
4. What does Becky offer Lia at the beginning of "September Lia?"
5. What is the name of Kelly's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Mimi wearing a white dress to Becky and Andrew's wedding?
2. How does Weiner paint Mimi in the chapter "September Becky"?
3. Kelly jokes, "It takes a village to feed my child." What does this mean?
4. How does Lia's flight back to LA bring out the thought, "You can't go home again'?
5. Why does the director tell Ayinde that no one will tune in to watch her read the news?
6. How does the "smelly monstrosity of a couch that the neighbor was throwing away" give Kelly flashbacks of her childhood?
7. In "August Becky," what breakthroughs does Lia make with the loss of her son?
8. What constitutes Lia's inability to come to grips with her baby's death?
9. Kelly and her husband Steve both come home from the hospital in "July Kelly." What had happened to Steve?
10. Why does Kelly panic when she finds out that Steve wants to become a teacher?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)