|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kelly's siblings think about her when they were growing up?
(a) She was always hungry.
(b) She was a troublemaker.
(c) She was a big help.
(d) She was a tattletale.
2. What does Kelly think when Oliver cries?
(a) "He can't be hungry."
(b) "Steve can get him."
(c) "I am never going to sleep again."
(d) "Yea, the baby is awake."
3. What does Lia do with her engagement ring?
(a) Pawns it.
(b) Gives it to her mom.
(c) Mails it back to Sam.
(d) Wears it every day.
4. Who does Kelly ask Steve to call when she can't calm Oliver?
(a) His mom.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Ayinde and Becky.
5. Who calls Becky and Andrew early in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of June, Ayinde and Julian are sitting on the bed watching Richard. What is Richard doing?
2. Who does Steve think should care for Oliver while Kelly works?
3. Who does Becky meet when she takes Ava for a walk to try to calm her?
4. The burned broccoli reminds Kelly of what?
5. When Richard gets upset that Julian is taking up his space in his and Ayinde's bed, who ends up leaving the bed to sleep elsewhere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some things that have shaped the way Kelly is today?
2. What is the symbolism of Mimi wearing a white dress to Becky and Andrew's wedding?
3. Ayinde always claims to want to stay at home with Julian. How does she interpret the failed job interview to justify this desire?
4. How does the "smelly monstrosity of a couch that the neighbor was throwing away" give Kelly flashbacks of her childhood?
5. Jennifer Weiner paints a picture of motherhood in the opening scene of "August Becky." How is this picture humorous?
6. Becky always seems to worry about her weight. How is this self-consciousness shown in the chapter "June Becky"?
7. Why is Becky so devastated that the doctor wants to perform a c-section?
8. In "August Becky," what breakthroughs does Lia make with the loss of her son?
9. Why is Becky not happy with her mother-in-law moving to Philadelphia?
10. Ayinde is experiencing pain and suffering when first introduced in "April Ayinde". Usually Ayinde is one that appears to have it all. In what ways is Ayinde experiencing pain and suffering?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)