|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ayinde told she will never anchor the news?
(a) Because of who her husband is.
(b) Because she isn't smart enough.
(c) Because she isn't pretty enough.
(d) Because she talks funny.
2. What does Lia do with her engagement ring?
(a) Wears it every day.
(b) Mails it back to Sam.
(c) Pawns it.
(d) Gives it to her mom.
3. Becky owns a restaurant with a partner. Who is the partner's name?
4. Where had Lia gone when she left Caleb with the neighbor?
(a) To the salon for a manicure and pedicure.
(b) To the doctor.
(c) To the grocery store.
(d) To take a nap.
5. What does Kelly do when Steve offers to watch the baby while she takes a nap?
(a) Pretends she is asleep.
(c) Hands him the baby and is off for a nap.
6. What does the news station offer Ayinde?
(a) A job as a Special Correspondent covering the Sixers.
(b) A job behind the scenes.
(c) A job as an anchor.
(d) A job as a weather reporter.
7. Which of the four main characters is an only child?
8. In "October Kelly," where is Kelly returning from?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) Ayinde's house.
(c) A job interview.
(d) The park.
9. What did the couch remind Kelly of?
(a) The couch her mom had during her childhood.
(c) The neighbor's couch.
(d) The couch at the nursing home.
10. What did Kelly's siblings think about her when they were growing up?
(a) She was a big help.
(b) She was always hungry.
(c) She was a troublemaker.
(d) She was a tattletale.
11. Who does Steve think should care for Oliver while Kelly works?
12. What does Mimi feed Ava when she first arrives at Becky and Andrew's home?
(a) A bottle.
(b) Baby food.
(c) A muffin.
13. Why does Lia chose to pay this way?
(a) So she doesn't run out of money.
(b) Because she doesn't have enough money.
(c) So her mom doesn't know.
(d) So Sam can't track her.
14. Who is Ayinde's mother looking for when they arrive at the photo shoot?
(a) The nanny.
15. At the beginning of June, Ayinde and Julian are sitting on the bed watching Richard. What is Richard doing?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Packing for a trip.
(c) Practicing basketball.
(d) Doing sit-ups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard think that Julian would rather play with?
2. What are Kelly's sisters doing while they are visiting?
3. Lia has 27 emails from someone and deletes them without looking at them. Who is she ignoring?
4. Something unusual happened while Lia was at the salon. What was it?
5. Which of the friends wanted to have twins?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)