|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a jeep finally stops?
(a) Darryl has died.
(b) The four friends are shackled, hooded and taken away.
(c) The police say they cannot get Darryl to the hospital right now.
(d) Darryl is put in the jeep and taken to the hospital.
2. How long do the friends figure they are held?
(a) A week.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) A month.
(d) 5 or 6 days.
3. How does Marcus' father feel about the budget raise for the DHS?
4. Why is Marcus' father angry?
(a) Marcus is being too rebellious.
(b) Marcus' mother does not want to let Marcus go back to school.
(c) Marcus is not doing well in school.
(d) He is pulled over twice on his way home and he sees that as incompetence..
5. What do the announcements say that come over loudspeakers?
(a) They need help at the wharf.
(b) Get to their homes.
(c) There are no announcements.
(d) Go to the nearest shelter immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus ask for that is refused?
2. How does Marcus realize that he has been detained by the United States?
3. Why were the captors hardest on Marcus?
4. What does Marcus tell his parents when he gets home?
5. What do the terrorists destroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcus explain his absence to his parents?
2. Why does Jolu want to get out of the Xnet business?
3. What do each of the three friends think need to be done about what they endured?
4. Why are Marcus and Darryl microwaving a book?
5. What does Marcus notice when he looks out his window in the middle of the night?
6. Why is Marcus confused about his father's attitude and what does Marcus' mother explain to him about it?
7. What are some kids caught doing and what happens to them?
8. Describe the confrontation between Marcus and Benson.
9. Describe the confrontation between Marcus' mother and the police.
10. Who joins Marcus and Darryl; where do they go and why does a girl take their pictures?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)