|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcus' father feel about the budget raise for the DHS?
2. Why do the police track BART passes?
(a) To know where the high crime areas shift to.
(b) To figure out how to allocate their beat cops.
(c) To catch drug dealers and terrorists.
(d) To find out if there is an inordinate amount of usage on a particular line.
3. Why does Darryl not want to skip school?
(a) He is in danger of being expelled.
(b) He is interested in a girl in his next class.
(c) He has a test.
(d) His dad will kick him out of the house.
4. Why is Marcus angry with his father?
(a) His father asks Marcus if their is something Marcus has not told them.
(b) His father takes up for the cops.
(c) He is not angry with his father.
(d) His father dismisses the situation as nothing.
5. Who asks Marcus to come with them when he is eating a burrito?
(a) Vanessa and Julu.
(b) SFPD officers.
(c) The woman with the severe haircut and another man.
(d) CIA agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marcus' father angry?
2. What were some kids caught doing?
3. How does Marcus realize that he has been detained by the United States?
4. What does Marcus refuse to do when asked?
5. What do the terrorists destroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jolu want to get out of the Xnet business?
2. About what does Marcus worry when he starts up his Xbox that evening and what does he decide to do about it?
3. Who are there to greet Marcus when he is released and what do they do?
4. Why is Marcus angry when he tells his father about the police's activities?
5. What happens as , Marcus and his three friends approach the BART station and what do they decide to do?
6. Describe the confrontation between Marcus and Benson.
7. Why is Marcus confused about his father's attitude and what does Marcus' mother explain to him about it?
8. What does Marcus ask of the woman with the severe haircut, and what is her response?
9. How is Marcus released?
10. Who does Marcus believe has taken them and how does he discover the truth?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)