|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus tell his parents when he gets home?
(a) They were kidnapped by terrorists.
(b) They were quarantined in San Rafael.
(c) They were quarantined in Oakland.
(d) They were taken to a safe space and held until the government determined it was safe.
2. What do the papers say that Marcus is given to sign?
(a) That he was held involuntarily.
(b) That he admits to being in a terrorist cell.
(c) That he was detained because of suspicious activity.
(d) That he was questioned and held voluntarily.
3. What does Benson try to get Marcus to admit?
(a) He was disrespectful to a teacher.
(b) His web handle.
(c) He pulled a fire alarm.
(d) He skipped school.
4. How does Mr. Benson catch Charles in the hallway?
(a) Charles has dropped all his books and papers.
(b) Charles is trying to figure out what's wrong with his phone.
(c) Charles has stopped to text his mother.
(d) Charles has stopped to text his best friend.
5. What has happened to Darryl?
(a) He breaks his ankle when the jump the tracks.
(b) He is trampled when he falls.
(c) He is lost in the crowd.
(d) He is stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question the cops ask Marcus' mother?
2. Why do the police track BART passes?
3. Why does Marcus decide to set up a web of trust?
4. Where is Marcus having a party?
5. What does Marcus believe at first when they are sprinted away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marcus believe has taken them and how does he discover the truth?
2. What suddenly happens as Marcus and his friends are talking with the girl who takes their picture?
3. Who did the captors treat most harshly, and why?
4. What do Marcus and his friends learn from the newspaper?
5. Why is Marcus confused about his father's attitude and what does Marcus' mother explain to him about it?
6. How does Jolu help Marcus solve his Xnet problem?
7. What does Marcus ask of the woman with the severe haircut, and what is her response?
8. What happens to anger Marcus' father and why does he apologize to Marcus?
9. What do each of the three friends think need to be done about what they endured?
10. Describe the confrontation between Marcus' mother and the police.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)