|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is W1n5t0n?
(a) The passcode to the school's computer system.
(b) Marcus' alias.
(c) The passcode to Marcus' car alarm system.
(d) The serial number of Marcus' phone.
2. Why does Marcus' father say the city's situation may get better?
(a) Because the DHS has requested a 300 percent budget raise.
(b) Because they are dropping two of the tracking systems.
(c) Because they are adding a universal tracking system that all must use.
(d) Because the city manager has been fired.
3. How does Marcus anger the cops?
(a) He refuses to unlock his cell phone.
(b) He makes a remark about tax dollars.
(c) He says something nasty about the chief of police.
(d) He asks to go to the bathroom and tries to run.
4. What does Vanessa suggest?
(a) They find out the names of their interrogators.
(b) They remain silent.
(c) They call a lawyer.
(d) They contact the newspapers.
5. What does Benson try to get Marcus to admit?
(a) He skipped school.
(b) He pulled a fire alarm.
(c) He was disrespectful to a teacher.
(d) His web handle.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Marcus' father apologize to Marcus?
2. What is a DHS worker using to search for Xnet nodes?
3. What do the authorities believe about the false positives?
4. Who hugs Marcus from behind?
5. What does Marcus try to explain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcus' father tell Marcus about how DHS is going to solve the problem of false positives?
2. What happens to anger Marcus' father and why does he apologize to Marcus?
3. What does Marcus ask of the woman with the severe haircut, and what is her response?
4. What does Marcus notice when he looks out his window in the middle of the night?
5. How does Marcus anger the police on the way to his house and what does he do about it?
6. What do each of the three friends think need to be done about what they endured?
7. Who is Charles and how do Marcus and Darryl distract him?
8. What do Marcus and his friends learn from the newspaper?
9. What happens as , Marcus and his three friends approach the BART station and what do they decide to do?
10. Who did the captors treat most harshly, and why?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)