|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Masha plan to go?
(a) Cottage Grove.
(b) Los Angeles.
2. What does DHS do as a result of the press conference?
(a) Starts arresting teens.
(b) Gives the teens an ultimatum to end their use of xnet.
(c) Asks the service providers to shut down Xnet.
3. How does Marcus' mother respond to what Marcus tells her?
(a) She calls the State senator who was her childhood sweetheart.
(b) She says the government was doing the best they could.
(c) She cries.
(d) She thinks he's making it up.
4. What does Marcus say in response to his parents' question?
(a) He has chatted with one old hippie who was in the Weatherman years ago.
(b) He uses it for games.
(c) They have to obtain a user's key.
(d) Yes, the Xnet is legal.
5. What does Marcus finally decide he has to tell the Xnetters?
(a) To stop jamming.
(b) To confess and plea bargain.
(c) To go into hiding.
(d) To pull off Xnet.
6. What does Jeb leave in Marcus' pocket?
(a) A warning.
(b) A coded letter from Darryl.
(c) A picture of an undergover DHS agent in school.
(d) A note.
7. What does Marcus learn from Dr Eevil?
(a) How to avoid detection.
(b) The big picture of DHS.
(c) How to keep pictures from being traced back to the people who posted them.
(d) How to mislead a hacker.
8. What do Marcus and Ange do the evening after the interview?
(a) Talk to their core cell group.
(b) Make love for the first time.
(c) Go with Darryl's father to DHS.
(d) Talk to Ange's parents.
9. Whose attention has the gathering at the Civic Center caught?
(a) Al Queda.
(b) The underground press.
(c) DHS and SFPD.
(d) No one.
10. What do Marcus' parents ask him about Xnet?
(a) If it is legal.
(b) If he has been in contact with any radical organizations that use it.
(c) If he uses it.
(d) It they can log on to it.
11. Who is Ange?
(a) A computer hack who catches Marcus for the government.
(b) The first one to sign up for a key.
(c) One of the organizers of the party.
(d) A government spy in the group.
12. What does Marcus tell the kids when he hears helicopters approach?
(a) Lie down and pretend they have been gassed.
(b) Sit down and refuse to move.
(c) Quietly file out the rear doors.
(d) Handcuff themselves to six other people with the cuffs provided.
13. What does Marcus talk about when he sees the party goers are not buying in to his idea?
(a) Darryl's death at the hands of the government.
(b) His experience just after the bombing.
(c) Becoming a respectable organization.
(d) Nothing; Jolu thinks it best Marcus stay low key.
14. Why does Marcus smash the laptop that he uses to create the keys?
(a) He drops the laptop and smashes it by accident.
(b) So the key holders know he will not nark on them.
(c) To demonstrate his conviction that they are doing the right thing.
(d) So the government cannot get their hands on it.
15. How many are estimated to be at the concert?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcus respond to what Ange says?
2. Who is Mrs. Anderson?
3. Why do Marcus and Ange open a portion of Xnet?
4. Who is Masha?
5. What does Charles get angry about in Mrs. Galvez's class?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)