|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the conference set up?
(a) In the school's computer room.
(b) In the library.
(c) In a cafe.
(d) In Ange's bedroom.
2. Why does Marcus tell his mother about what happened to him?
(a) Ange has contacted her.
(b) Van has contacted her.
(c) She confronts him with some papers.
(d) She hears him crying.
3. With whom does Marcus flirt via Xnet?
(b) A government hacker.
(d) No one.
4. What new blog section do Ange and Marcus create?
(a) Abuses of Authority.
(b) Up and at 'Em.
(c) Down and Out.
(d) Police State Actions.
5. What picture does Masha show Marcus?
(a) One of Marcus talking to an Al Queda agent.
(b) One of Marcus and Darryl running from the BART station.
(c) One of Marcus and his group on the phone before the terrorist attack.
(d) One of Marcus and Ange meeting with Barbara.
6. Who is Mrs. Anderson?
(a) A widow of a soldier killed in the terrorist attacks.
(b) The new assistant principal.
(c) The teacher who takes over for Mrs. Galvez.
(d) The widow of a soldier killed in Iraq.
7. What background information does Barbara give Marcus and Ange?
(a) About the terrorist attack in San Francisco.
(b) About the way the DHS is organized.
(c) About the Constitution of the USA.
(d) How the DHS becomes so powerful.
8. What does Mrs. Anderson believe about the Bill of Rights?
(a) It is the best thing for democracy there is.
(b) It should be adjusted when needed.
(c) It should be adhered to more closely.
(d) It should be stricken from the law books.
9. Where does Ange invite Marcus?
(a) To a hacker's group.
(b) To her house.
(c) To an open-air concert.
(d) To the movies.
10. Where does Masha plan to go?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Cottage Grove.
11. How does Marcus' mother respond to what Marcus tells her?
(a) She says the government was doing the best they could.
(b) She thinks he's making it up.
(c) She cries.
(d) She calls the State senator who was her childhood sweetheart.
12. Why is Marcus ashamed?
(a) For inadvertently helping the police.
(b) For deserting the park.
(c) For believing in his idea of non-violence.
13. What happens when Marcus starts to leave Ange's house?
(a) She tells him she is dating Jolu.
(b) She tells him she loves him.
(c) She asks him to spend the night.
(d) She tells him she thinks Darryl is still alive.
14. From what origins does Mrs. Galvez say this new protest originated?
(a) The revolt in the 1970s.
(b) This movement is unique and has no connection to the past.
(c) The beat movements of the 1950s.
(d) The women's suffragette movement.
15. What does Mrs. Galvez say the Yippies did in an earlier decade?
(b) Created safe houses for fugitives.
(c) Rigged elections.
(d) Played pranks on the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus have to do during his suspension?
2. What does Marcus' father tell him to do?
3. How does the principal know about Marcus' behavior in social studies class?
4. Why are Ange and Marcus upset with the news media?
5. What does the regular press say the xnetters are not taking seriously?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)