|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus tell the kids when he hears helicopters approach?
(a) Sit down and refuse to move.
(b) Quietly file out the rear doors.
(c) Lie down and pretend they have been gassed.
(d) Handcuff themselves to six other people with the cuffs provided.
2. Why do two boys who are jamming help Marcus?
(a) They had been arrested the day of the bombings also.
(b) They recognize his face.
(c) They know him from school.
(d) He tells them he is M1k3y.
3. Why does Marcus leave Ange's house angry?
(a) They hear that several of their best friends are in jail.
(b) They hear that the teens are being sent to a special detention site.
(c) She and Marcus fight about his desire to stop the jamming.
(d) They fight about going to graduation.
4. Who is Masha?
(a) Van's cousin.
(b) A girl who claims to have been arrested by the DHS when Marcus was.
(c) A girl in Marcus' social studies class.
(d) Ange's best friend.
5. What does Mrs. Anderson believe about the Bill of Rights?
(a) It should be stricken from the law books.
(b) It is the best thing for democracy there is.
(c) It should be adjusted when needed.
(d) It should be adhered to more closely.
6. Who is Dr Eevil?
(a) The game name for Marcus.
(b) One of the prime maintainers of ParanoidLinux.
(c) The pseudonym for Jolu.
(d) The game name for Ange.
7. What do Marcus and Ange do the evening after the interview?
(a) Talk to their core cell group.
(b) Make love for the first time.
(c) Go with Darryl's father to DHS.
(d) Talk to Ange's parents.
8. Why does Marcus smash the laptop that he uses to create the keys?
(a) So the government cannot get their hands on it.
(b) He drops the laptop and smashes it by accident.
(c) So the key holders know he will not nark on them.
(d) To demonstrate his conviction that they are doing the right thing.
9. Where is the conference set up?
(a) In a cafe.
(b) In the school's computer room.
(c) In the library.
(d) In Ange's bedroom.
10. What does Marcus read to support the idea of the government being abolished?
(a) A portion of the Bill of Rights.
(b) A portion of Emerson's essay on the government.
(c) The Gettysburg address.
(d) A portion of the Declaration of Independence.
11. Why does Marcus tell his mother about what happened to him?
(a) She hears him crying.
(b) Ange has contacted her.
(c) She confronts him with some papers.
(d) Van has contacted her.
12. What does M1k3y try to explain in the press conference?
(a) How the regular press skews everything.
(b) Why Xnet cannot be compromised.
(c) How the Xnet helps keep a balance of information.
(d) Why he and his friends devised and use Xnet.
13. Where does Masha plan to go?
(b) Cottage Grove.
(c) Los Angeles.
14. What does Mrs. Anderson talk about concerning the Bill of Rights?
(a) If it is can help the radical movements.
(b) If it needs revised.
(c) When it can be suspended.
(d) If it is any longer relevant.
15. What do Ange and Marcus take turns doing at the interview with Barbara?
(a) Watching for police.
(b) Fielding Barbara's questions.
(c) Sending messages to other Xnetters.
(d) Explaining to Barbara how the Xnet works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus talk about when he sees the party goers are not buying in to his idea?
2. Why are Ange and Marcus upset with the news media?
3. Who apprehends Marcus?
4. What did the DHS decide about Masha?
5. How does Marcus' mother respond to what Marcus tells her?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)