|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles hand over his video camera?
(a) Marcus puts a knife to his back.
(b) Masha flashes her DHS badge.
(c) He does not.
(d) Masha puts a gun to his head.
2. Besides students, who uses the Xnet?
(a) Underground news organizations.
(b) Al Qaeda sympathizers.
(c) Underground radical organizations.
(d) Undercover government agents.
3. Who is Barbara Stratford?
(a) A reporter for the Bay Guardian.
(b) Darryl's aunt who is a cop.
(c) Marcus' father's lawyer.
(d) Marcus' aunt who works for a law firm.
4. What do Marcus' parents ask him about Xnet?
(a) If he uses it.
(b) If it is legal.
(c) It they can log on to it.
(d) If he has been in contact with any radical organizations that use it.
5. Where does Masha plan to go?
(c) Cottage Grove.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. Where is the conference set up?
(a) In a cafe.
(b) In the school's computer room.
(c) In the library.
(d) In Ange's bedroom.
7. Why do two boys who are jamming help Marcus?
(a) They know him from school.
(b) They recognize his face.
(c) He tells them he is M1k3y.
(d) They had been arrested the day of the bombings also.
8. Who stops Masha and Marcus on the way out of the building?
9. Why is Marcus sent to the office?
(a) For yelling at Charles.
(b) For defacing a copy of the Bill of Rights hanging on the wall.
(c) For yelling at Mrs. Anderson.
(d) For refusing to read the Bill of Rights.
10. How many were arrested the night of the concert at the Dolores Park rally?
11. How does Marcus' mother respond to what Marcus tells her?
(a) She thinks he's making it up.
(b) She cries.
(c) She calls the State senator who was her childhood sweetheart.
(d) She says the government was doing the best they could.
12. What does Jeb leave in Marcus' pocket?
(a) A picture of an undergover DHS agent in school.
(b) A note.
(c) A coded letter from Darryl.
(d) A warning.
13. What does Mrs. Anderson talk about concerning the Bill of Rights?
(a) If it needs revised.
(b) If it is any longer relevant.
(c) When it can be suspended.
(d) If it is can help the radical movements.
14. With whom does Marcus flirt via Xnet?
(a) No one.
(d) A government hacker.
15. Why does Marcus smash the laptop that he uses to create the keys?
(a) So the government cannot get their hands on it.
(b) So the key holders know he will not nark on them.
(c) He drops the laptop and smashes it by accident.
(d) To demonstrate his conviction that they are doing the right thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcus tell his mother about what happened to him?
2. What graffiti does Marcus see sprayed on a wall the next day?
3. How many are estimated to be at the concert?
4. What do the police use on the crowds at the park?
5. What do Ange and Marcus do when she leads him to an area near the edge of the crowd?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)