|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disrupts the confrontation with the girl who took the picture?
(a) Two cops.
(b) Sounds of gunfire.
(c) A drifter wanting a dime.
(d) Something that seems like an earthquake.
2. What does Vanessa suggest?
(a) They find out the names of their interrogators.
(b) They remain silent.
(c) They contact the newspapers.
(d) They call a lawyer.
3. What does Marcus think they should do?
(a) Not tell anyone.
(b) Call a lawyer.
(c) Call the newspapers.
(d) Call the ACLU.
4. What does the quiz on LiveJournals allow spies to do?
(a) Track down the Xnetters.
(b) Pinpoint the homes of low frequencies.
(c) Pinpoint the homes of high frequencies.
(d) Learn if there are any hackers on secure lines.
5. What does Marcus try to explain?
(a) That they are just students skipping school.
(b) That his mother is the chief of police.
(c) That they are sorry for skipping school.
(d) That his father is a cop.
6. What is Vanessa's nickname?
7. How do the friends learn about what happened in the city?
(a) Asking passersby.
(d) They call their parents.
8. How does Marcus contact Darryl?
(a) Calls him on the cell.
(b) Texts him on his cell.
(c) Face to face.
(d) On a secret messenging program.
9. What is the name of Marcus' blog?
(a) Open Revolt.
(b) He does not have a blog.
(c) Underground revolution.
(d) Hidden Revolt.
10. Who hugs Marcus from behind?
(a) His mother.
11. Why do the police track BART passes?
(a) To find out if there is an inordinate amount of usage on a particular line.
(b) To figure out how to allocate their beat cops.
(c) To catch drug dealers and terrorists.
(d) To know where the high crime areas shift to.
12. Why were the captors hardest on Marcus?
(a) Because he was not born in the United States.
(b) Because he appeared to be the leader.
(c) Because he looks Arab.
(d) Probably because he was uncooperative.
13. Where does Marcus find himself when he is taken out of the jeep and moved?
(a) In a motel room.
(b) In a school cafeteria with lots of other students.
(c) In a 16-wheeler truck.
(d) On a boat.
14. Where do the captors set up interviews?
(a) In a janitor's closet.
(b) In the cab of the truck.
(c) In the motel lobby.
(d) Behind a screen in the truck.
15. Besides BART, what do the police start using?
(b) Car sevice records.
(c) The FasTrak system.
(d) Internet usage data.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the cops say they have been watching Marcus?
2. How does Marcus anger the cops?
3. What happens when Marcus announces what is happening with the Xnet business at the party?
4. What does Marcus do to distract Charles?
5. How does Marcus' father feel about the budget raise for the DHS?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)