|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Darryl not want to skip school?
(a) He has a test.
(b) He is interested in a girl in his next class.
(c) His dad will kick him out of the house.
(d) He is in danger of being expelled.
2. What happens when a jeep finally stops?
(a) The four friends are shackled, hooded and taken away.
(b) Darryl has died.
(c) Darryl is put in the jeep and taken to the hospital.
(d) The police say they cannot get Darryl to the hospital right now.
3. What does Marcus try to do to get help?
(a) Nothing; it is impossible to do anything.
(b) Flag down a cop car or ambulance.
(c) Stand on a bench and yell.
(d) Call on his cell phone.
4. How does Marcus realize that he has been detained by the United States?
(a) He is read his Miranda rights.
(b) A man wearing a USA uniform enters where Marcus is.
(c) He does not yet know this.
(d) He is given a copy of the orders to detain him.
5. Why does Marcus tell Benson he should call the police?
(a) If Benson has evidence of a crime.
(b) Because Benson thinks a kid is planning to bring a gun to school.
(c) Because Benson is being harrassed.
(d) If Benson cannot handle his job.
6. What does the girl who takes their picture say?
(a) She'll post it to the web if she is not allowed to solve the first clue.
(b) She is going to send the picture to their parents.
(c) She wants to join their club.
(d) She wants a dollar for helping them.
7. Why do the cops say they have been watching Marcus?
(a) Because of where he's been traveling according to his BART pass.
(b) Because Marcus if friends with a known terrorist.
(c) Because Homeland Security asked them to.
(d) Because Marcus' principal pointed Marcus out as a potential troublemaker.
8. What happens when Marcus and his friends get to the BART station?
(a) They are turned away as the place is full.
(b) They encounter a huge mob of people.
(c) They move smoothly with the flow of people.
(d) They find it deserted.
9. What does Marcus' father explain about his business?
(a) That his business would be bankrupt if terrorists continue to attack.
(b) That his business is working on tracking the illegal use of computers by the government.
(c) That it has used computers for profiling.
(d) That it relies upon cops to keep their place of business safe.
10. Besides BART, what do the police start using?
(a) Car sevice records.
(b) The FasTrak system.
(c) Internet usage data.
11. Who does Marcus see in the courtyard one day?
(c) His father.
12. Who hugs Marcus from behind?
(d) His mother.
13. How does Marcus anger the cops?
(a) He refuses to unlock his cell phone.
(b) He asks to go to the bathroom and tries to run.
(c) He makes a remark about tax dollars.
(d) He says something nasty about the chief of police.
14. What does Marcus do to calm himself?
(a) Takes a sleeping pill.
(b) Has some cereal.
(c) Plays his pirate game.
(d) Calls Van.
15. For whom does Jolu work?
(a) He is self employed.
(b) The government.
(c) Marcus' dad.
(d) An internet service provider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marcus' father angry?
2. What disrupts the confrontation with the girl who took the picture?
3. What happens to the kids that are caught?
4. What does Marcus refuse to do when asked?
5. What is W1n5t0n?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)