|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the woman with the severe haircut tell Marcus his captors are?
(b) Homeland Security.
2. Where has there been a new posting according to a text message Marcus receives on his way to the office?
(a) Sudoku Manic.
(b) Mad Mad World.
(c) The World of Harajuku.
(d) Harajuku Fun Madness.
3. What does Benson try to get Marcus to admit?
(a) He skipped school.
(b) He was disrespectful to a teacher.
(c) His web handle.
(d) He pulled a fire alarm.
4. Who is Jose-Luis Torrez?
(a) A clerk in a convenience store who gives the gang soda.
(b) A student who sets the chemistry lab on fire by accident.
(c) An honor student who hates Marcus.
(d) The fourth member of the gang that includes Marcus.
5. What solution does Jolu offer Marcus?
(a) Using a coding screen.
(c) Changing the definition of normal Internet usage.
(d) Mixing formats so there is no pattern.
6. How does Marcus' father feel about the budget raise for the DHS?
7. What do the authorities believe about the false positives?
(a) It is due to the terrorists.
(b) It is due to negligence by computer operators.
(c) It is due to poorly-trained personnel.
(d) It is a glitch in the programming.
8. What does Marcus worry about when he sets up his xbox that evening?
(a) The xbox is not as secure as Marcus believes.
(c) The government has figured out how to hack the xbox.
(d) He may be putting his friends in danger.
9. Why do the police track BART passes?
(a) To catch drug dealers and terrorists.
(b) To figure out how to allocate their beat cops.
(c) To find out if there is an inordinate amount of usage on a particular line.
(d) To know where the high crime areas shift to.
10. What do Jolu and Marcus do at Jolu's house that night?
(a) Create a screen.
(b) Rewrite the indiecode for Pigspleen.
(c) Rewrite the xbox format.
(d) Create a runner to take snoops away from the real names.
11. What does Marcus try to do to get help?
(a) Flag down a cop car or ambulance.
(b) Stand on a bench and yell.
(c) Call on his cell phone.
(d) Nothing; it is impossible to do anything.
12. How long do the friends figure they are held?
(a) 5 or 6 days.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) 48 hours.
13. What does Jolu say they should do?
(a) Contact the civil liberties union.
(b) Call the President.
(c) Tell the newspapers about what happened to them.
(d) Tell their parents about what happened to them.
14. What disrupts the confrontation with the girl who took the picture?
(a) A drifter wanting a dime.
(b) Two cops.
(c) Something that seems like an earthquake.
(d) Sounds of gunfire.
15. What does Marcus see on his street in the middle of the night?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) An Army tank.
(c) A van with paraphernalia.
(d) A black limo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus' mother ask of the cops?
2. What does the quiz on LiveJournals allow spies to do?
3. Who is not with the gang?
4. What does Marcus later say might have been better for him to have done at this point?
5. Why does Marcus' father say the city's situation may get better?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)