|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcus tell Benson he should call the police?
(a) Because Benson thinks a kid is planning to bring a gun to school.
(b) Because Benson is being harrassed.
(c) If Benson cannot handle his job.
(d) If Benson has evidence of a crime.
2. Who does Marcus contact to discuss how to handle the spies?
(b) His father.
3. Why is Marcus angry with his father?
(a) His father asks Marcus if their is something Marcus has not told them.
(b) His father takes up for the cops.
(c) He is not angry with his father.
(d) His father dismisses the situation as nothing.
4. What does Marcus' father explain about his business?
(a) That it relies upon cops to keep their place of business safe.
(b) That his business is working on tracking the illegal use of computers by the government.
(c) That it has used computers for profiling.
(d) That his business would be bankrupt if terrorists continue to attack.
5. What solution does Jolu offer Marcus?
(a) Mixing formats so there is no pattern.
(c) Changing the definition of normal Internet usage.
(d) Using a coding screen.
6. What do the papers say that Marcus is given to sign?
(a) That he admits to being in a terrorist cell.
(b) That he was held involuntarily.
(c) That he was detained because of suspicious activity.
(d) That he was questioned and held voluntarily.
7. What does Marcus worry about concerning his attempt to screw the system?
(a) If the problems can be traced back to him.
(b) If he can be arrested.
(c) If a lot of innocent people will be hurt.
(d) If his father knows what Marcus has done.
8. What is a DHS worker using to search for Xnet nodes?
(a) A cable gieger.
(b) A frequency modulator.
(c) A wifinder.
(d) An oscilloscope.
9. What happens when Marcus and his friends get to the BART station?
(a) They are turned away as the place is full.
(b) They move smoothly with the flow of people.
(c) They find it deserted.
(d) They encounter a huge mob of people.
10. What does Marcus refuse to do when asked?
(a) To sign a confession.
(b) To unlock his phone.
(c) To give her his web handles.
(d) To unlock his laptop.
11. Why does Marcus want to buy his mother flowers?
(a) It is her and his father's anniversary the next day.
(b) She is sad because her father recently died.
(c) Because of her handling of the cops.
(d) It's her birthday the next day.
12. Why would Jolu spend more time in prison than Marcus if they are caught?
(a) He is on probation.
(b) He is Mexican.
(c) He is Black.
(d) He already has a conviction.
13. Who does the woman with the severe haircut tell Marcus his captors are?
(b) Homeland Security.
14. How can Marcus overwrite the codes on people's cards/
(a) He cannot.
(b) Using a special scrambler.
(c) Using xbox.
(d) Using arphid cloners.
15. Where are Marcus and his friends going when the skip school?
(a) The Tenderloin.
(b) Fisherman's Wharf.
(d) Golden Gate Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the kids that are caught?
2. What do the announcements say that come over loudspeakers?
3. What do the friends decide to do because of the situation at the BART station?
4. What does Marcus tell his parents when he gets home?
5. Why were the captors hardest on Marcus?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)