|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcus explain being where he was when the attack happens?
(a) He was working on a school project.
(b) He was taking a friend home.
(c) He was looking for a friend who was suicidal.
(d) He was skipping school.
2. Where does the gang go to talk?
(a) Marcus' home.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Darryl's house.
(d) Their secret meeting place in the Tenderloin.
3. Of what does Vanessa accuse Marcus?
(a) Inattention to his friends lately.
(b) Being abrasive lately.
(c) Being crazy to fight the government.
(d) Forgetting about Darryl.
4. What does Marcus' mother ask of the cops?
(a) Their cell phone numbers.
(b) Proof of Marcus doing something illegal.
(c) Their badge numbers.
(d) Their warrant.
5. What does Marcus try to do to get help?
(a) Nothing; it is impossible to do anything.
(b) Flag down a cop car or ambulance.
(c) Call on his cell phone.
(d) Stand on a bench and yell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus later say might have been better for him to have done at this point?
2. Who hugs Marcus from behind?
3. How do the friends learn about what happened in the city?
4. How does Marcus anger the cops?
5. What does Marcus do to distract Charles?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)