|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22 (Pages 131 - 143).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth Frazer agrees to try to help Lisa Shilling...
(a) If she [Elizabeth] can date Brian Morris.
(b) Without any conditions.
(c) If she [Elizabeth] gets paid for her time.
(d) If Lisa will do Elizabeth's homework for a month.
2. About how old was Elizabeth Frazer when she first exhibited serious mental illness that required professional treatment?
3. What does Betsy Goodman wish she had during her interview with Neil Donovan?
(a) A notebook to take notes.
(b) A psychology book to refer to.
(c) A camera so she could take his picture.
(d) A cigarette to make her look older.
4. After Lisa Shilling's second suicide attempt, who telephones the Shilling house to find out further details?
(a) Mr. Bernstein.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Rev. Fickett.
(d) Mr. Jackson.
5. Who finally convinces Mrs. Shilling that her daughter is suffering from mental illness?
(a) Mr. Shilling.
(b) Betsy Goodman.
(c) Mary Nell Fickett.
(d) Elizabeth Frazer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout most of the novel, which character primarily is know by her initials alone?
2. During one early group therapy session, why does Mary Nell Fickett get angry with Elizabeth Frazer?
3. Who emotionally begs Rev. Fickett and Mr. Milne to do more to convince Lisa Shilling's father that Lisa needs immediate mental health care?
4. Lisa Shilling is admitted to a mental facility. Elizabeth Frazer is headed to Ohio. Mary Nell Fickett is headed to Maine. Betsy Goodman will remain in the locality of home. Whom does she think about as she worries that she'll spend the summer all alone?
5. Before moving to Long Island, Mary Nell Fickett lived in what U.S. State?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)