|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22 (Pages 131 - 143).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel begins with a recalled conversation between Lisa Shilling and her parents. Which of Lisa's acquaintances is present for the conversation?
(a) Betsy Goodman.
(b) Brian Morris.
(c) Mary Nell Fickett.
(d) Elizabeth Frazer.
2. Mary Nell Fickett states Lisa Shilling's diagnosis is "'a paranoid or a schizophrenic, and maybe both together'" (p. 68). Elizabeth Frazer disagrees and states Lisa's diagnosis is...
(a) Psychotic personality.
(c) Agoraphobic distemper.
(d) Anorexia nervosa.
3. What does Betsy Goodman conclude in the definition of madness?
(a) A chemical imbalance in the brain.
(b) Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
(c) Being paranoid without a good reason.
(d) Doing just the opposite of what you wanted to do.
4. Betsy Goodman states that she is...
(d) Paralyzed from the waist down.
5. What is Neil Donovan's final diagnosis of Lisa Shilling?
(a) Bipolar Disorder.
(b) It is not specified in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Bernstein eventually intervenes on Lisa Shilling's behalf, he meets with various school teachers but does not involve Principal Jackson. Why not?
2. Which major character has frequent visual and audible hallucinations?
3. Which major character suggests that Elizabeth Frazer should join Lisa Shilling's impromptu group therapy sessions?
4. What epiphany does Betsy Goodman have immediately after Lisa Shilling attacks Elizabeth Frazer?
5. Betsy Goodman realizes that psychiatric care costs a lot of money; who initially is paying for Dr. Neil Donovan to become involved in Lisa Shilling's situation?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)