|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22 (Pages 131 - 143).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Betsy Goodman finds Mary Nell Fickett and Lisa Shilling in Mr. Milne's classroom, Lisa Shilling is hiding underneath Mr. Milne's desk and doing what?
(a) Repeatedly sticking a pin into her wrist.
(b) Sobbing about her break up with Brian Morris.
(c) Copying the answer key to the next day's examination.
(d) Reading a book about psychiatry.
2. What is the favorite topic of conversation when Betsy Goodman, Mary Nell Fickett, Elizabeth Frazer, and Lisa Shilling just sit around and chat?
(a) Elizabeth's mother's diamonds.
(b) Skirt lengths.
(c) Illegal drugs.
(d) Paul Newman.
3. When Mary Nell Fickett talks to her father about Lisa Shilling, how does her father respond?
(a) He tells her she probably won't be able to help and refuses to get involved.
(b) He offers to call the police about Lisa's situation.
(c) He tells her she probably won't be able to help but offers to get involved.
(d) He tells her she is doing more harm than good.
4. After Lisa Shilling's second suicide attempt, who telephones the Shilling house to find out further details?
(a) Rev. Fickett.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Mr. Bernstein.
(d) Mr. Jackson.
5. After Lisa Shilling attacks Elizabeth Frazer how does she [Lisa] behave?
(a) She falls into a sort of catatonic stupor.
(b) She runs around town telling everyone about her victory.
(c) She tells the police Elizabeth attacked her.
(d) She puts iodine and bandages on Elizabeth's wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lisa Shilling's only sibling is..
2. According to Elizabeth Frazer, Betsy Goodman has something that Elizabeth and Mary Nell Fickett don't have. What are the three traits that Elizabeth enumerates?
3. How does Lisa Shilling attempt suicide the second time?
4. Elizabeth Frazer agrees to try to help Lisa Shilling only after...
5. The novel is set in what U.S. State?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)