|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22 (Pages 131 - 143).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator of the novel is...
(a) Elizabeth Frazer.
(b) Lisa Shilling.
(c) Mary Nell Fickett.
(d) Betsy Goodman.
2. Elizabeth Frazer agrees to try to help Lisa Shilling only after...
(a) Mary Nell Fickett and Betsy Goodman demonstrate their determination.
(b) She [Elizabeth] fails her English midterm.
(c) Mr. Shilling agrees to pay her [Elizabeth] and Betsy Goodman.
(d) Lisa Shilling tries to kill herself.
3. The narrator describes which major character as fulfilling the role of school princess (that is, regal, cool, far off, blonde, and slim)?
(a) Betsy Goodman.
(b) Lisa Shilling.
(c) Elizabeth Frazer.
(d) Mary Nell Fickett.
4. After Lisa Shilling attacks Elizabeth Frazer how does she [Lisa] behave?
(a) She falls into a sort of catatonic stupor.
(b) She puts iodine and bandages on Elizabeth's wounds.
(c) She tells the police Elizabeth attacked her.
(d) She runs around town telling everyone about her victory.
5. One night right before the end of the school year Betsy Goodman, Elizabeth Frazer, Mary Nell Fickett, and Lisa Shilling are talking at the Goodman house. What happens right after Mr. Goodman walks into the room?
(a) Lisa deliberately walks through a floor-to-ceiling window.
(b) Betsy invites her father to watch the movie Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys! .
(c) Mary Nell announces her parents are getting divorced.
(d) Lisa attacks Elizabeth and tries to shove her into the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character begins the novel with a goal to be the first woman justice on the Supreme Court and ends the novel contemplating a career in psychology?
2. Why does Lisa Shilling survive her second suicide attempt?
3. After Lisa Shilling's apparent suicide attempt, Elizabeth Frazer introduces Mary Nell Fickett and Betsy Goodman to...
4. The novel is set in what U.S. State?
5. Just after Brian Morris breaks up with her, Lisa Shilling begins to befriend which major character?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)