|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pedro beg Tita not to do as he is being carried away for treatment?
(a) Leave him
(c) Tell Rosaura
(d) Help him
2. Who is the groom at the wedding celebration?
3. Who advises Tita to follow the love in her heart?
4. John is grateful to ____________ for healing Tita, as he has been unsuccessful.
5. What does Tita give to her Mama in order to help her heal?
(a) Special herbs
(d) Nourishing food
6. What do Tita and Chechna put into a cool room until the next day's celebration?
(c) Wedding cake
7. When Gertrudis and her family arrive for the wedding, who is driving the car?
(d) Her son
8. Tita wants to break the tradition her Mama started as it will affect Rosaura's ____________ if it continues.
9. What happens to Mama when the rebels attack her house?
(a) She is raped
(b) She is killed
(c) She is arrested
(d) She is injured, paralyzed from the waist down
10. What does Pedro do for Tita later, though she shoos him away?
(a) Proposes to her
(b) Buys her a ring
(c) Serenades her
(d) Rubs her shoulders
11. What was the room in #130 originally used for before Tita used it for storage?
(a) Mama's bathing room
(b) A chapel
(c) A bedroom
(d) A game room
12. Pedro senses Tita's _____________ to get back down to the kitchen.
13. Mama Elena finally gives in as they have run out of ___________ to hire.
14. For whom is Tita making the cream fritters mentioned in the title of this chapter?
15. Chechna decides to tell Mama that she found Tita as a _________ and that has made Tita worry about her worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tita tells Pedro that the next time he falls in love, he should sprout some _____________.
2. What is Pedro's reaction to the news Gertrudis forces him to hear from Tita?
3. What is different about the room in which Tita stores the pots?
4. Tita's __________ become a stream of water.
5. What has happened to Rosaura since the birth of her baby girl?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)