|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pedro do for Tita later, though she shoos him away?
(a) Rubs her shoulders
(b) Proposes to her
(c) Serenades her
(d) Buys her a ring
2. What does Tita advise Rosaura to chew on before she goes to bed at night?
(a) Tobacco leaves
(c) Mint leaves
(d) Ginger root
3. What has been severely depleted by the troops that were staying at the ranch?
(b) The garden
4. What is Gertrudis' new position in her life?
(a) General in the revolution
(b) Brothel owner
5. Tita is cooking in the kitchen because John is coming over that night to ask her what?
(a) To move in with him
(b) To have his child
(c) For her hand in marriage
(d) To meet his son
6. Who has written a letter to Tita, thanking her for the clothes?
7. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Dealing with Pedro's moods
(b) Making a bread
(c) Caring for her child
(d) The diet John has put her on
8. What happens to Tita once she yells at the ghost of her mother?
(a) She gives birth
(b) She feels like cooking again
(c) She is more determined to marry John
(d) She gets her period
9. Tita worries that the accident didn't just affect Pedro's skin, but also his ___________.
10. In the end, Tita realizes she must ___________________ with John.
(a) Still try to live
(b) Have a baby
(c) Break off the engagement
(d) Run away
11. Where has Pedro been waiting for Tita every night since their passionate encounter?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) In the garden
(c) The storeroom
(d) Outside her bedroom
12. How is Pedro feeling about the presence of John at the dinner table?
13. How long did it take for Rosaura to lose the baby weight she had gained?
(a) Three weeks
(b) Two months
(c) One week
(d) One month
14. What is different about the room in which Tita stores the pots?
(a) It has no windows
(b) It has a low ceiling
(c) It has three doors
(d) It is orange
15. What is Mama afraid Tita is trying to do to her as she is recuperating?
(a) Get back at her
(b) Poison her
(c) Help her
(d) Make her worse
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is traveling with John in order to meet Tita as well?
2. What signals the presence of Mama Elena's ghost in the room with Tita?
3. How many courses will be served at the wedding for which Tita and Chechna are cooking?
4. Where does the child like to sleep when Tita is cooking?
5. What happens to Chechna as she goes to talk to Mama?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)