|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gertrudis come home with when she arrives back at the ranch?
(a) Her new dog
(b) No one
(c) Her soliders
(d) A few friends
2. What does Tita put into the room with the baby to help her finally fall asleep?
(b) A candle
(d) A set of windchimes
3. Who tells Tita he/she does not approve of her marrying John?
4. Whose entrance helps to sweep away the ghost of Mama Elena?
5. What does Pedro tell Tita he wants for their life together, which makes her cry?
(a) He wants to build her a kitchen
(b) He wants to move away
(c) He wants to have a child with her
(d) He wants to start over
6. When Gertrudis and her family arrive for the wedding, who is driving the car?
(c) Her son
7. Who takes advantage of Tita in the storage room, even though she surrenders to him?
8. Tita's __________ become a stream of water.
9. How long did it take for Rosaura to lose the baby weight she had gained?
(a) One month
(b) Two months
(c) One week
(d) Three weeks
10. Rosaura doesn't care who Pedro chooses to be with at night, but she will remain ____________ in the house.
(a) At his side
(b) The Mama
(c) In charge
(d) His wife
11. Pedro accuses Tita of having second thoughts about him because he is now a _____________.
(a) Sick man
(b) Old man
(c) Married man
(d) Jealous man
12. What was the room in #130 originally used for before Tita used it for storage?
(a) A bedroom
(b) Mama's bathing room
(c) A chapel
(d) A game room
13. What is Gertrudis' new position in her life?
(b) Brothel owner
(d) General in the revolution
14. How is Pedro feeling about the presence of John at the dinner table?
15. Why can Rosaura not take care of her child right now?
(a) She ran away
(b) She is recovering from surgery
(c) She is helping Tita cook
(d) She is looking for Gertrudis
Short Answer Questions
1. Mama Elena finally gives in as they have run out of ___________ to hire.
2. What is Pedro's reaction to the news Gertrudis forces him to hear from Tita?
3. Pedro senses Tita's _____________ to get back down to the kitchen.
4. What does Pedro do for Tita later, though she shoos him away?
5. What does Pedro beg Tita not to do as he is being carried away for treatment?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)