|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gertrudis now with? This is the same man that swept her off her feet a long time ago.
2. What does Pedro want to do in response to Tita's news to him?
(a) Send Rosaura away
(b) Help her in the kitchen
(c) Ignore it
(d) Run away
3. Tita is cooking in the kitchen because John is coming over that night to ask her what?
(a) To have his child
(b) To meet his son
(c) To move in with him
(d) For her hand in marriage
4. Who is the groom at the wedding celebration?
5. Rosaura doesn't care who Pedro chooses to be with at night, but she will remain ____________ in the house.
(a) At his side
(b) His wife
(c) The Mama
(d) In charge
6. What was the room in #130 originally used for before Tita used it for storage?
(a) A chapel
(b) Mama's bathing room
(c) A bedroom
(d) A game room
7. Who used to love the tedious job of shelling these ingredients?
8. What does Rosaura ask Tita for help with when she enters the kitchen?
(a) The diet John has put her on
(b) Caring for her child
(c) Making a bread
(d) Dealing with Pedro's moods
9. How many courses will be served at the wedding for which Tita and Chechna are cooking?
10. In the end, Rosaura says that Tita cannot ______________ anymore, which causes Tita much grief.
(b) See Pedro
(c) Speak to her
(d) Care for her daughter
11. Chechna decides to tell Mama that she found Tita as a _________ and that has made Tita worry about her worth.
12. What are the guests filled with as they eat the food served at this wedding?
13. What is different about the room in which Tita stores the pots?
(a) It has a low ceiling
(b) It has three doors
(c) It has no windows
(d) It is orange
14. What happens to Chechna as she goes to talk to Mama?
(a) She gets lost
(b) Pedro stops her
(c) She is raped
(d) She is killed
15. What does Pedro tell Tita he wants for their life together, which makes her cry?
(a) He wants to have a child with her
(b) He wants to start over
(c) He wants to move away
(d) He wants to build her a kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been severely depleted by the troops that were staying at the ranch?
2. What does Pedro beg Tita not to do as he is being carried away for treatment?
3. Who besides Tita can see Mama's ghost in the corner of the room?
4. Who does Gertrudis come home with when she arrives back at the ranch?
5. What does Tita put into the room with the baby to help her finally fall asleep?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)