|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason do the police give for expecting to find Laura soon on the news report Laura listens to?
2. What does Chris explain while watching old episodes of Get Smart?
3. What does Krieger tell the women that he and his men are when they see them appear from the lightning?
4. What does the policeman believe that the four SS agents are that he pulls over?
5. How much money does Thelma bring Laura?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Dr. Markwell. What was the significance of spending such a large portion of the front of the book focusing on Markwell and telling the story from his point of view?
Part 2) What is the reason that Markwell and his fate were not revisited in the story?
Part 3) Is there any indication that Markwell took Stefan's warning seriously and chose to change his life? Explain why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Stefan's character.
Part 2) How does Stefan compare to Danny?
Part 3) How does Stefan compare to Kokoschka?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Laura talks about the negative aspects of being a well known face. Explain what you would and would not like about being famous.
Part 2) What would you have done if you had felt that there was no way to remain safe from time travelers? What steps would you have taken compared to the ones that Laura took?
Part 3) Why did Laura choose to trust her son's advice when trying to avoid the time travelers?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)