|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Ackerson girls explain is the reason that Mrs. Browmain asked if Laura could be trusted alone?
(a) Because some kids try suicide.
(b) Some kids have started fires.
(c) Some kids destroy their rooms.
(d) Some kids try to run away.
2. What does Laura tell Thelma about Christopher's delivery?
(a) It wasn't so bad, you just had to wait on the stork.
(b) It will be their only child.
(c) They had to take him C-section.
(d) She nearly died.
3. When Bob holds his baby girl, how does she look?
4. What does Stefan notice about Sheener's home that is odd?
(a) There are finger paints on the wall.
(b) The pictures are all of small children playing.
(c) All the food looks like it was bought by a child.
(d) There is play dough everywhere.
5. What does Dr. Carlson tell Bob is the reason that his wife died?
(a) She was one of those women who wasn't made to have children.
(b) She aspirated some water.
(c) She had high blood pressure.
(d) She had a reaction to the medicine they gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura tell Thelma her reaction to receiving all the figurines is?
2. What happens when Nina comes in and sees Laura lying under Sheener's body?
3. How much money does Shadrach eventually go for?
4. What had Stefan's initial plan been when he set out to save Laura, Danny, and Chris in Chapter 3?
5. What does Thelma say that Laura's admirer might turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fat Jack.
2. Describe what happens to Laura when she first arrives at the McIlroy house?
3. Why does Stefan explain that he had worked to change Laura's life?
4. Describe the gate that Stefan looks at in Chapter 1.
5. Describe what steps Laura has taken to protect herself as seen in the beginning of Chapter 4.
6. Explain where Stefan is following the attack on Laura.
7. What does Thelma tell Stefan when he says that he is worried he has lost the chance to win Laura?
8. How does Christmas at Thelma and Jason's go for Laura and Chris.
9. What does Stefan see is going to happen to Laura in Chapter 2?
10. What does Stefan realize about the world he is living in while talking to Jason?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)