|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Shadrach eventually go for?
(a) One million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand.
(b) Someone stole it.
(c) Two hundred thousand.
(d) Three hundred and sixty thousand.
2. What does Laura tell Daniel that she is going to do with his toads?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Set them on fire and wipe her butt with the ashes.
(d) Mail them back.
3. What does Kokoschka discover is the reason that Stefan chose to save Laura?
(a) She is the woman he falls in love with.
(b) She has the potential to change the whole future.
(c) She carries an antidote to their sickness.
(d) She was just a personal crusade of Stefan's.
4. At the end of Chapter 1 what does Stefan dream of?
(a) The animals at the lab.
(d) The gate.
5. What does the strange man mouth to Bob while standing outside the nursery window?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stockbroker does Danny say that he is?
2. What does Laura decide that she wants to do when she grows up while staying with the Teagel family?
3. What does the blue-eyed man say when Markwell says 'I still don't know who you are.'? (page 20)
4. What does Laura tell Thelma her reaction to receiving all the figurines is?
5. What poet does Stefan quote to Viktor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Thelma first arrives at the motel that Laura is staying at.
2. Describe what happens to Laura when she first arrives at the McIlroy house?
3. What does Kokoschka think when he first looks at Laura?
4. What happens right after Stefan first goes through the gate to the institute?
5. Describe Fat Jack.
6. Describe the toads that Laura begins to get in the mail.
7. What does Laura explain that the cops found out about Kokoschka?
8. What does Stefan first say when he wakes up in Chapter 5 for only a moment?
9. How does Christmas at Thelma and Jason's go for Laura and Chris.
10. Describe Dr. Markwell and what he is doing when Chapter 1 begins.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)