|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Aisling and Tony go for their honeymoon?
2. What does Fr. Mahony say about the Murrays in Chapter 13?
(a) They are a family well matched to the O'Connors.
(b) They are local royalty.
(c) They have overcome a lot in recent years.
(d) They are central to the life of Kilgarret.
3. What does Elizabeth decline to be in Chapter 12?
(a) A party planner.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A bridesmaid.
(d) A babysitter.
4. Where does Aisling agree to go with Johnny in Chapter 19?
5. How does Elizabeth's father feel about Elizabeth's new position in Chapter 11?
(a) He is unimpressed.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is offended.
(d) He is proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days does George visit for Christmas in Chapter 17?
2. What type of lessons does Elizabeth teach in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Britain go to war in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Elizabeth have her wedding reception?
5. When does Sean summon Aisling home to visit their mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aisling look forward to on her wedding day?
2. What surprises Aisling after the birth of baby Eileen?
3. What changes occur in Elizabeth's love life in Chapter 15? What difficulties does Aisling face in her marriage in Chapter 15?
4. Why is Violet hospitalized in Chapter 11? What does George think of this turn of events?
5. How does Elizabeth's and Stone's relationship come to an end in Chapter 16?
6. What does Aisling tell Elizabeth about married life in Chapter 14?
7. After the death of Elizabeth's mother, what does Eileen advise her to do?
8. What difficulties does Aisling face with Tony in Chapter 17? What conclusion does she come to about her marriage?
9. What causes Tony to start drinking again in Chapter 16?
10. What does Elizabeth tell Aisling about her mother in Chapter 12?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)