|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks is Tony sober before resuming drinking in Chapter 18?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Three and a half weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Six and a half weeks.
2. When does Sean summon Aisling home to visit their mother?
(a) On Elizabeth's birthday.
(b) On Eileen's first birthday.
(c) On Aisling's birthday.
(d) On Aisling's wedding anniversary.
3. Who is jealous of all of the attention Aisling is receiving because of her wedding in Chapter 12?
4. According to Elizabeth, what would she do if Henry turned to drink?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Blame herself.
(c) Force him to get treatment.
(d) Leave him.
5. What does Simon tell Elizabeth over dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) That Simon is getting married.
(b) Stone and Grace are together in Bangor.
(c) That Stone is planning to propose.
(d) That Simon is attracted to Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Aisling and Tony go for their honeymoon?
2. How does Maureen find Aisling after her return to Ireland from England?
3. What does Henry want Elizabeth to stop doing in Chapter 19?
4. What does Ethel tell Aisling in a telegram in Chapter 20?
5. What is Violet hospitalized for in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Elizabeth make to Eileen before she dies?
2. What does Aisling look forward to on her wedding day?
3. What does Aisling innocently reveal to Henry in Chapter 20?
4. What upsets Eileen at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. What does Elizabeth tell Aisling about her mother in Chapter 12?
6. What changes occur in Elizabeth's love life in Chapter 15? What difficulties does Aisling face in her marriage in Chapter 15?
7. How does Elizabeth's and Stone's relationship come to an end in Chapter 16?
8. What causes Tony to start drinking again in Chapter 16?
9. What insensitive behavior does Stone repeat in Chapter 19?
10. After the death of Elizabeth's mother, what does Eileen advise her to do?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)