|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon do to make Elizabeth uncomfortable in Chapter 20?
(a) Insults the Irish.
(b) Talks about his depression.
(c) Tells her about Henry's past.
(d) He flirts with her.
2. How does Violet die?
(a) From cancer.
(b) By suicide.
(c) From heart attack.
(d) From kidney failure.
3. What does Henry conclude about his marriage to Elizabeth in Chapter 20?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) It was the best thing he ever did.
(c) It is based on lies.
(d) It is over.
4. Where does Aisling agree to go with Johnny in Chapter 19?
5. What does Fr. Mahony say about the Murrays in Chapter 13?
(a) They are local royalty.
(b) They have overcome a lot in recent years.
(c) They are a family well matched to the O'Connors.
(d) They are central to the life of Kilgarret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Barbara?
2. How many people attend Violet's funeral?
3. What type of lessons does Elizabeth teach in Chapter 14?
4. Why is Tony in London in Chapter 18?
5. How does Maureen find Aisling after her return to Ireland from England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Violet hospitalized in Chapter 11? What does George think of this turn of events?
2. What does Aisling innocently reveal to Henry in Chapter 20?
3. What upsets Eileen at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. At the wedding, what does Elizabeth realize when she is asked about her wedding plans?
5. How does Elizabeth's and Stone's relationship come to an end in Chapter 16?
6. What changes occur in Elizabeth's love life in Chapter 15? What difficulties does Aisling face in her marriage in Chapter 15?
7. What career progress does Elizabeth make in Chapter 11? What does her father think about her activities?
8. After the death of Elizabeth's mother, what does Eileen advise her to do?
9. What insensitive behavior does Stone repeat in Chapter 19?
10. What promise does Elizabeth make to Eileen before she dies?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)