|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career does Maureen O'Connor want to pursue in Chapter 3?
2. Whose health worsens in Chapter 4?
3. What does Aisling do that pleases Elizabeth in Chapter 2?
(a) She gives Elizabeth a candy.
(b) She invites Elizabeth to skip rope.
(c) She tells her brother to stop pushing Elizabeth.
(d) She makes a sign for their bedroom.
4. What does Aisling bring to her interview in Chapter 8?
(a) The certificates from her school.
(b) Her youngest sister.
(c) A newspaper article about her work.
(d) Some jam preserves.
5. What is the name of the abortionist that Elizabeth goes to?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
(b) Mrs. Cray.
(c) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Mrs. Austell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to take in Elizabeth?
2. How old does Aisling turn in Chapter 9?
3. Who comes down with the flu before Christmas in Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of the woman who gets Elizabeth to Dunlaoghaire?
5. What game does Elizabeth's father learn in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sean Sr. react when Sean Jr. enlists? What change occurs within the family ranks?
2. How has Violet changed in the time Elizabeth has been away?
3. How does Aisling explain is the way pre-marital pregnancy is dealt with in Kilgarret?
4. What does Joannie Murray do in Chapter 4?
5. What does Elizabeth write to Aisling about in Chapter 9?
6. What dismays Elizabeth on the purchasing trip she goes on with Stone?
7. In Chapter 7, what realization does Elizabeth come to after spending a week at Monica's?
8. What does Sean Jr. have a desire to do and why?
9. What does Violet worry about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
10. What does Worsky warn Elizabeth about Stone? Why doesn't she pay attention?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)