|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might one describe Elizabeth in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Elizabeth not want her mother to visit the O'Connor house?
(a) She fears her mother will not fit in.
(b) She knows Sean would be rude to her mother.
(c) She doesn't like her mother.
(d) The journey will be difficult for her mother.
3. What does Sean Sr. do regularly after Sean Jr. enlists?
(a) Writes Sean Jr. letters.
(b) Skips work.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) He goes out drinking.
4. Who is Elizabeth employed by at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Ellis.
(b) Mr. Brace.
(c) Mr. Worsky.
(d) Mr. Coghlan.
5. What career does Maureen O'Connor want to pursue in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elizabeth, why does she have sex with Stone?
2. Who does Elizabeth seem to miss most about London?
3. To what does Aisling equate Kilgarret?
4. How is Violet described physically in Chapter 8?
5. In what state is the house when Elizabeth returns home in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sean Sr. want before he would allow Sean Jr. to fight with the English?
2. What happens when Sean Jr. fails his Leaving Certificate examination?
3. What does Worsky warn Elizabeth about Stone? Why doesn't she pay attention?
4. In Chapter 9, why does Aisling decide she wants to travel? What opportunity soon presents itself?
5. What does Violet worry about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
6. When Elizabeth sees Violet and Harry in Chapter 8, what does Harry encourage her to do? How has her mother changed?
7. How is Elizabeth accommodated as a non-Catholic? What do the nuns fail to notice about her in Chapter 4?
8. In Chapter 10, to what does Aisling equate sex?
9. What does Elizabeth pray for in Chapter 5?
10. What overwhelms Elizabeth when she arrives at the O'Connor household?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)