|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person to notice that Elizabeth has lost her virginity?
2. Who is Sean?
(a) Eileen's husband.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Elizabeth's uncle.
(d) A police officer.
3. Who agrees to take in Elizabeth?
(a) The Campbells.
(b) The Brennans.
(c) The O'Connors.
(d) The O'Quinns.
4. What does Eileen hope Elizabeth's stay will result in?
(a) Less housework for Eileen.
(b) Elizabeth considering Eileen her mother.
(c) A restored friendship with Violet.
(d) Elizabeth finding out about her family roots.
5. Where does Sean Jr. write from in Chapter 5?
(b) Boot camp.
(c) His honeymoon in Scotland.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aisling hit it off with in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Elizabeth not want her mother to visit the O'Connor house?
3. What does Elizabeth's school in England smell like?
4. What must the O'Connor children do on Saturday nights to appease their mother in Chapter 4?
5. How many times do Elizabeth's classmates baptize her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aisling report in a letter to Elizabeth in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Aisling decide she wants to travel? What opportunity soon presents itself?
3. What overwhelms Elizabeth when she arrives at the O'Connor household?
4. In Chapter 7, what realization does Elizabeth come to after spending a week at Monica's?
5. What does Violet worry about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
6. What does Eileen worry over concerning Elizabeth's arrival?
7. What horrifies young Sean when Elizabeth arrives in Chapter 2?
8. What does Worsky warn Elizabeth about Stone? Why doesn't she pay attention?
9. How does Elizabeth continue her conversion to Catholicism in Chapter 5?
10. What regrets does Elizabeth have as she settles back into life in London?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)