|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amuses Eileen about Elizabeth in Chapter 2?
(a) Elizabeth's accent.
(b) Elizabeth's squeaky voice.
(c) Elizabeth's modesty.
(d) Elizabeth's naivite.
2. What is the name of the abortionist that Elizabeth goes to?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
(b) Mrs. Austell.
(c) Mrs. Cray.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
3. Who agrees to take in Elizabeth?
(a) The O'Connors.
(b) The Brennans.
(c) The O'Quinns.
(d) The Campbells.
4. In what state is the house when Elizabeth returns home in Chapter 7?
(a) It is spotlessly clean.
(b) It is filthy.
(c) It is flooded.
(d) It is empty.
5. Why does Sean Sr. damn his son in Chapter 4?
(a) For being absent from the shop.
(b) For picking on his sisters.
(c) For taking the truck for a drive.
(d) For stealing money from the shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might one describe Elizabeth in Chapter 1?
2. What does Maureen's friend want to do for a living in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the woman who gets Elizabeth to Dunlaoghaire?
4. Who asks Aisling to marry him in Chapter 9?
5. What must the O'Connor children do on Saturday nights to appease their mother in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Aisling decide she wants to travel? What opportunity soon presents itself?
2. What horrifies young Sean when Elizabeth arrives in Chapter 2?
3. How does Joannie end up being sent to a convent school in Chapter 7?
4. What circumstance is forcing Violet to send her daughter Elizabeth outside of London?
5. What paths do Aisling and Elizabeth pursue in Chapter 7?
6. What overwhelms Elizabeth when she arrives at the O'Connor household?
7. Why does Aisling insist on going sightseeing? What shocks Aisling on a tour of the Art College?
8. What does Sean Jr. have a desire to do and why?
9. How does Elizabeth continue her conversion to Catholicism in Chapter 5?
10. How is Elizabeth accommodated as a non-Catholic? What do the nuns fail to notice about her in Chapter 4?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)