|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Violet White?
(a) Elizabeth's aunt.
(b) Elizabeth's grandmother.
(c) Elizabeth's mother.
(d) Elizabeth's eldest sister.
2. Why does Dr. Lynch visit the O'Connor house in Chapter 5?
(a) To apologize to Eileen.
(b) To drop off some medicine.
(c) To avenge his daughter.
(d) To alert them of a fire in the village.
3. Where in Ireland is Elizabeth sent?
4. Who does Elizabeth seem to miss most about London?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The street noise.
(c) Her school teacher.
(d) Her toys.
5. Who rejects Aisling's application when she applies for a job at Murray's?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth look forward to in Chapter 4?
2. Who stands up for Donal in Chapter 5?
3. What does George fear about Elizabeth when she comes home in Chapter 6?
4. Whose health worsens in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Violet insist Elizabeth make friends with in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrifies young Sean when Elizabeth arrives in Chapter 2?
2. When Elizabeth sees Violet and Harry in Chapter 8, what does Harry encourage her to do? How has her mother changed?
3. How does Aisling's job search go in Chapter 8?
4. What paths do Aisling and Elizabeth pursue in Chapter 7?
5. How is Elizabeth accommodated as a non-Catholic? What do the nuns fail to notice about her in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Aisling insist on going sightseeing? What shocks Aisling on a tour of the Art College?
7. How has Violet changed in the time Elizabeth has been away?
8. What does Elizabeth write to Aisling about in Chapter 9?
9. What event does Elizabeth look forward to in Chapter 4? What does she worry might ruin this event?
10. In regard to how Eileen would view her actions, what does Elizabeth decide in Chapter 9?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)