|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aisling do at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Leaves her husband.
(b) Telephones Elizabeth.
(c) Prays a church.
(d) Makes a doctor's appointment.
2. Why is Tony in London in Chapter 18?
(a) To learn about diversification.
(b) To attend a wedding.
(c) To find work.
(d) To look for Aisling.
3. What does Harry ask to make in Chapter 18?
(a) A rocking horse.
(b) A highchair.
(c) A cradle.
(d) A dollhouse.
4. Who does Elizabeth feel drawn to at the party in Chapter 14?
5. Where does Stone invite Elizabeth to go in chapter 15?
(a) A skiffle club.
(b) The racetrack.
(c) The theatre.
(d) A gallery.
6. What does Henry conclude about his marriage to Elizabeth in Chapter 20?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) It is based on lies.
(c) It is over.
(d) It was the best thing he ever did.
7. What is Henry bitter about at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Being left out of his father's will.
(b) Being passed over for a promotion.
(c) Stone hanging around Henry's house.
(d) Elizabeth not returning his calls.
8. What does Ethel tell Aisling in a telegram in Chapter 20?
(a) That she is sorry for the way she treated Aisling.
(b) That Tony has passed away.
(c) That Tony is remarrying.
(d) That the bungalow has burned down.
9. For how many days does George visit for Christmas in Chapter 17?
(a) Five days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
10. What news does Aisling learn about Violet in Chapter 14?
(a) Violet is under sedation.
(b) Violet has been released from the hospital.
(c) Violet is in a coma.
(d) Violet has converted to Catholicism.
11. What does Donal refuse to do for Tony in Chapter 18?
(a) Act as an intermediary with Aisling.
(b) Cover his shift.
(c) Drive him to London.
(d) Lend him some money.
12. What does Simon do to make Elizabeth uncomfortable in Chapter 20?
(a) Talks about his depression.
(b) Insults the Irish.
(c) He flirts with her.
(d) Tells her about Henry's past.
13. What does Elizabeth decline to be in Chapter 12?
(a) A babysitter.
(b) A party planner.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A bridesmaid.
14. How many weeks is Tony sober before resuming drinking in Chapter 18?
(a) One week.
(b) Three and a half weeks.
(c) Six and a half weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
15. Who dies by falling down a set of marble stairs in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth worry will steal Stone away in Chapter 11?
2. Where do Aisling and Tony stay on their wedding night?
3. What does Aisling suggest Ethel do in Chapter 17?
4. Who do people blame for Tony's drinking in Chapter 16?
5. What does Elizabeth smirk at during the reception in Chapter 13?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)