|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Elizabeth begin attending in Chapter 5?
(a) Religious lessons.
(b) Art lessons.
(c) History lessons.
(d) Etiquette lessons.
2. From which class is Elizabeth excused in Chapter 3?
(b) Irish history.
(c) Catechism class.
3. What store does Stone do purchasing for in Chapter 8?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A musical instrument store.
(c) A clothing boutique.
(d) An antique store.
4. How many siblings does Elizabeth have?
5. What does Elizabeth's school in England smell like?
(c) Chalk dust.
6. Who does Elizabeth meet in Dunloaghaire?
(c) Sean Jr.
7. What becomes routine for Elizabeth and Stone in Chapter 9?
(b) The time they spend together.
(d) Trips to the hospital.
8. What does Eileen worry about in regards to her household in Chapter 2?
(a) There she will not be able to feed Elizabeth.
(b) That the noisy home will be traumatic for Elizabeth.
(c) That Elizabeth will not keep up with the housework.
(d) That her furniture will get ruined.
9. Why does Elizabeth enter the men's room in Chapter 2?
(a) She is unable to read the Irish labels.
(b) She blindly follows Sean in.
(c) There is a long line at the ladies' room.
(d) She can't find the ladies' room.
10. What does Elizabeth look forward to in Chapter 4?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) An Irish Christmas.
(c) Returning to London.
(d) The church fair.
11. Where does Stone drive Elizabeth in Chapter 8?
12. How does Eileen react to Dr. Lynch's words in Chapter 5?
(a) She is humiliated.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She is moved.
(d) She becomes angry.
13. What does Violet finish reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A romance novel.
(b) The bible.
(c) A letter from her mother.
(d) The newspaper.
14. Who does Aisling hit it off with in Chapter 10?
15. What type of woman has Violet transformed into after the war?
(a) A fashionable woman.
(b) A sporty woman.
(c) An angry woman.
(d) A gutsy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Maureen's friend in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Maureen dating in Chapter 6?
3. What does Eileen do in Chapter 2 that is quite unlike Violet?
4. How does Sean Jr. react when Elizabeth enters the men's room in Chapter 2?
5. What does Sean Jr.'s father do after his failure in Chapter 3?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)