|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Catherine suggest to Aisling in Chapter 7?
(a) That she move to London.
(b) That she devote her life to the Church.
(c) That she get married right away.
(d) That she go to a commercial college.
2. Who is Sean?
(a) Elizabeth's uncle.
(b) Eileen's husband.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What does Joannie wonder about Violet and Harry's relationship in Chapter 7?
(a) How long they have been seeing each other.
(b) Whether Harry is cheating on Violet.
(c) Whether Violet is after Harry's money.
(d) Where they make love.
4. What does Elizabeth ask Aisling to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Write a letter to her mother.
(b) Pray for her.
(c) Send some Irish baking through the mail.
(d) Visit her in London.
5. What does Joannie convince Elizabeth to allow her classmates to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Baptize her.
(b) Throw a party for her.
(c) Dress up in her clothes.
(d) Let them visit her in London.
6. Who refuses to attend George's birthday party in Chapter 9?
7. Who comes down with the flu before Christmas in Chapter 6?
8. Who does Elizabeth seem to miss most about London?
(a) Her school teacher.
(b) Her toys.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The street noise.
9. Who does Eileen write to in order to have Elizabeth excused from the class in Chapter 3?
(a) Mother Bonaventura.
(b) Mother Celestina.
(c) Mother Leonora.
(d) Mother Magdala.
10. Why does Elizabeth enter the men's room in Chapter 2?
(a) She blindly follows Sean in.
(b) There is a long line at the ladies' room.
(c) She is unable to read the Irish labels.
(d) She can't find the ladies' room.
11. How many siblings does Elizabeth have?
12. What is the name of the abortionist that Elizabeth goes to?
(a) Mrs. Cray.
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Mrs. Williams.
(d) Mrs. Austell.
13. How old does Aisling turn in Chapter 9?
14. How did Stone feel when Elizabeth was away in Chapter 10?
15. Who does Aisling use as an excuse to get out of doing things in Chapter 4?
(a) Looking after her younger siblings.
(c) Her broken arm.
(d) The need to study.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rejects Aisling's application when she applies for a job at Murray's?
2. Why does Sean Sr. damn his son in Chapter 4?
3. What does Sean Sr. do regularly after Sean Jr. enlists?
4. What does Elizabeth wonder after having sex with Stone in Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of Maureen's friend in Chapter 3?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)