|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aisling do that pleases Elizabeth in Chapter 2?
(a) She tells her brother to stop pushing Elizabeth.
(b) She invites Elizabeth to skip rope.
(c) She makes a sign for their bedroom.
(d) She gives Elizabeth a candy.
2. What type of woman has Violet transformed into after the war?
(a) A fashionable woman.
(b) A gutsy woman.
(c) An angry woman.
(d) A sporty woman.
3. Who stands up for Donal in Chapter 5?
4. In what state is the house when Elizabeth returns home in Chapter 7?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is flooded.
(c) It is spotlessly clean.
(d) It is filthy.
5. Who does Violet argue with in Chapter 1?
(a) The postman.
(b) Elizabeth's teacher.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Her husband.
6. What does Maureen's friend want to do for a living in Chapter 3?
(a) She wants to be an actress.
(b) She wants to be a secretary.
(c) She wants to be a hair dresser.
(d) She wants to be a writer.
7. How does Elizabeth feel when she arrives at the O'Connor household for the first time?
8. What becomes routine for Elizabeth and Stone in Chapter 9?
(b) The time they spend together.
(c) Trips to the hospital.
9. What does Elizabeth send Aisling for her birthday in Chapter 9?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A picture book.
(d) A camera.
10. Who is excited about Elizabeth's arrival in the O'Connor family?
(a) Sean Sr.
(c) Sean Jr.
11. What does Aisling advise Elizabeth to call her mother's new boyfriend?
12. What does Aisling write Elizabeth about Sister Catherine in Chapter 6?
(a) That Sister Catherine is determined to expel her.
(b) That Sister Catherine is tutoring her.
(c) That Sister Catherine is leaving the nunhood.
(d) That Sister Catherine still talks about Elizabeth.
13. What does Aisling tell Elizabeth she dislikes doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Living in Kilgarett.
(b) Working for her parents.
(c) Going to confession.
(d) Having to fight off Tony's sexual advances.
14. What shocking news does Violet tell Elizabeth at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) That Violet is dying.
(b) That Violet is getting a divorce.
(c) That Violet had an abortion.
(d) That George is having an affair.
15. What does Elizabeth feel well enough to do by Tuesday in Chapter 10?
(a) Watch a movie.
(b) Call her mother.
(c) Take a river cruise.
(d) Go shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Violet described physically in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sean agree to do in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Maureen dating in Chapter 6?
4. What does Joannie's boyfriend convince Joannie to do in Chapter 7?
5. What does Joannie wonder about Violet and Harry's relationship in Chapter 7?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)