|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, 1940-1945, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elizabeth sent to Ireland?
(a) To work as a servant.
(b) To attend a particular school.
(c) Her family can't afford to support her.
(d) London is being bombed.
2. What does Aisling do that pleases Elizabeth in Chapter 2?
(a) She makes a sign for their bedroom.
(b) She tells her brother to stop pushing Elizabeth.
(c) She invites Elizabeth to skip rope.
(d) She gives Elizabeth a candy.
3. What does Eileen hope Elizabeth's stay will result in?
(a) Elizabeth considering Eileen her mother.
(b) Less housework for Eileen.
(c) A restored friendship with Violet.
(d) Elizabeth finding out about her family roots.
4. How does Aisling act when she first meets Elizabeth?
(a) She is bouncing with excitement.
(b) She is quiet.
(c) She is aggressive.
(d) She is tongue-tied.
5. Who is always on probation in the O'Connor's town?
(c) Former soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eileen write to in order to have Elizabeth excused from the class in Chapter 3?
2. What does Sean Jr. want to do that causes his mother anxiety in Chapter 2?
3. For how many years does Sean Sr. say the English have humiliated the Irish?
4. Why does Elizabeth enter the men's room in Chapter 2?
5. What does Sean Jr. fail in Chapter 3?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)