|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, 1940-1945, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sean agree to do in Chapter 1?
(a) Send Elizabeth spending money.
(b) Chaperone Elizabeth on her journey.
(c) Curb his anti-British views.
(d) Find Elizabeth a family to stay with.
2. What is the name of the woman who gets Elizabeth to Dunlaoghaire?
(a) Mrs. Owen.
(b) Mrs. Lyre.
(c) Mrs. Mahoney.
(d) Mrs. Moriarty.
3. Why is Elizabeth sent to Ireland?
(a) Her family can't afford to support her.
(b) London is being bombed.
(c) To attend a particular school.
(d) To work as a servant.
4. What amuses Eileen about Elizabeth in Chapter 2?
(a) Elizabeth's accent.
(b) Elizabeth's naivite.
(c) Elizabeth's squeaky voice.
(d) Elizabeth's modesty.
5. Who is Sean?
(a) Eileen's husband.
(b) Elizabeth's uncle.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet finish reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Who does Eileen write to in order to have Elizabeth excused from the class in Chapter 3?
3. Who does Elizabeth meet in Dunloaghaire?
4. How might one describe Elizabeth in Chapter 1?
5. What does Aisling do that pleases Elizabeth in Chapter 2?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)