|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, 1945-1954, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pains Elizabeth when she sees Donal in Chapter 12?
(a) His limp.
(b) That he has clearly been crying.
(c) How thin he is.
(d) That he hasn't dressed up for the wedding.
2. What worries Elizabeth about Violet's letters in Chapter 5?
(a) They arrive infrequently.
(b) They never contain good news.
(c) They don't mention Elizabeth's father.
(d) They smell like cigarette smoke.
3. Who does Eileen write to in order to have Elizabeth excused from the class in Chapter 3?
(a) Mother Bonaventura.
(b) Mother Celestina.
(c) Mother Leonora.
(d) Mother Magdala.
4. What does Elizabeth refuse to do in her relationship with Stone in Chapter 9?
(a) Sleep with him again.
(b) Entertain thoughts of marrying him.
(c) Force him into a commitment.
(d) Allow him to call all the shots.
5. What does Sister Catherine suggest to Aisling in Chapter 7?
(a) That she devote her life to the Church.
(b) That she get married right away.
(c) That she move to London.
(d) That she go to a commercial college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aisling think of intercourse in Chapter 7?
2. How old is Eamonn in Chapter 3?
3. Who is always on probation in the O'Connor's town?
4. How is Sean Jr. killed?
5. For how many years does Sean Sr. say the English have humiliated the Irish?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)