Part 1, 1940-1945, Chapter 1
1. What does Violet finish reading at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A romance novel.
(b) A letter from her mother.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The bible.
2. Who is Violet White?
(a) Elizabeth's mother.
(b) Elizabeth's aunt.
(c) Elizabeth's eldest sister.
(d) Elizabeth's grandmother.
3. What is the name of Violet's husband?
4. How might one describe Elizabeth in Chapter 1?
5. Who does Violet argue with in Chapter 1?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Elizabeth's teacher.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The postman.
6. Who agrees to take in Elizabeth?
(a) The Brennans.
(b) The O'Quinns.
(c) The Campbells.
(d) The O'Connors.
7. Why is Elizabeth sent to Ireland?
(a) To work as a servant.
(b) Her family can't afford to support her.
(c) To attend a particular school.
(d) London is being bombed.
8. Where in Ireland is Elizabeth sent?
9. Who is Sean?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Eileen's husband.
(c) Elizabeth's uncle.
(d) A police officer.
10. What does Sean agree to do in Chapter 1?
(a) Curb his anti-British views.
(b) Send Elizabeth spending money.
(c) Find Elizabeth a family to stay with.
(d) Chaperone Elizabeth on her journey.
This section contains 3,948 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)