|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Steggles doing at Twing Hall?
(a) Participating in a hunting weekend.
(b) Tutoring a boy.
(c) Studying for exams.
(d) Practicing his tennis game.
2. Where did Bertie meet Gwladys Pendlebury?
3. How does Bertie attempt to make Thomas lose control in Chapter 8 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
(a) By spilling hot tea on Thomas.
(b) By pushing Thomas.
(c) By insulting Thomas.
(d) By ignoring Thomas.
4. Who is Sipperley in love with?
(a) A playwright.
(b) An illustrator.
(c) A poetess.
(d) A novelist.
5. How much does Blumenfield pay Jeeves for the dog?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Twenty-five pounds.
6. Which race track is Bingo's uncle's horse favored to win?
(d) Valley Fields.
7. What is the name of Lord Wickhammersley's daughter?
8. What does the party lead by Bingo go to observe at Lakenham?
(a) Horse races.
(b) Greyhound races.
(d) A concert.
9. What does Bingo tell Bertie when he shows up at Bertie's flat in Chapter 17 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
(a) That he is married.
(b) That he got dumped.
(c) That his is sick.
(d) That he is engaged.
10. What is the profession of the woman Bertie's uncle George has fallen in love with?
(a) She is a factory worker.
(b) She is a tutor.
(c) She is a hat maker.
(d) She is a waitress.
11. Who runs the school that Roberta's cousin goes to?
(a) Miss Wedge.
(b) Miss Garland.
(c) Miss Underwood.
(d) Miss Mapleton.
12. What does Bingo propose he and Bertie form a syndicate to bet on in Chapter 14 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
(a) The parade.
(b) The village Easter egg hunt.
(c) The Christmas pageant.
(d) The village school treat.
13. What is Bingo wearing at the Goodwood race?
(a) A wig.
(b) A false beard.
(c) A mask.
(d) A military uniform.
14. What is Laura's relationship to Mrs. Little?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are former co-workers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are old school friends.
15. What do the men bet on in Chapter 13 of "The Inimitable Jeeves"?
(a) The weather.
(b) The farm animals.
(c) The length of sermons.
(d) The amount of food consumed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Tuppy a black eye in Chapter 4 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
2. What does Jeeves think will provoke Thomas into misbehavior in Chapter 8 of "Very Good, Jeeves!"?
3. What does Bertie put on his trousers in order to extract the dog from the hotel?
4. What is the name of the hotel Bertie and Jeeves stay in at Bingley-on-Sea?
5. What is Roberta's cousin being punished for mixing with ink?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)