|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Chapter 16, After 1250.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall are Troyes' city walls?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 4 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 30 feet.
2. Where do the burghers get their name?
(a) From the commodities they deal in.
(b) From the cities they dwell in.
(c) From their reputation as hated money lenders.
(d) From the food they sell within towns.
3. What immediately follows the sermon in a typical church service?
(a) The thema.
(b) The Creed.
(c) The Offertory.
(d) The Gregorian chant.
4. Why do housewives frequently refrain from wearing makeup or wigs?
(a) Makeup and wigs contain unhealthy and allergic materials.
(b) Burghers prefer their wives to be natural beauties.
(c) There is a common fear that such "disguises" bring bad luck.
(d) The wearing of make up or wigs is frowned upon by the church.
5. How did doctors describe the cause of illnesses in the 13th century?
(a) Disease is a result of viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
(b) Disease is an act of God, and requires no rational explanation.
(c) Disease is the result of contact with unhealthy metals.
(d) Disease might arise from an imbalance in the fluids of the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period is covered by the book?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the beliefs of the Albigensians?
3. How does a typical woman's education compare with a typical man's education?
4. Why is pepper a highly-valued spice?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons one might make a pilgrimage?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)