|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Chapter 16, After 1250.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a tool of the bell founder?
(a) A dedicated sculptor to create the clapper.
(b) A labor-intensive tuning process.
(c) A recipe for an exact proportion of copper and tin.
(d) A carefully constructed bell mold.
2. Where are toilets located?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the solar.
(c) In the stable yard.
(d) In the attic.
3. When a siege occurs, who generally has the advantage?
(a) The attacking army.
(b) The city inhabitants.
(c) The Church.
(d) Neither have an advantage.
4. What is Troyes' lasting legacy, even today?
(a) The Trojan Horse.
(b) The Troy Theory.
(c) The Troy Weight.
(d) The Maxim of Troy.
5. What is the subject of the playlet, "L'Mystere d' Adam?"
(a) A rogueish prince who seduces a queen.
(b) The sacking of Constantinople.
(c) A horse breaking its leg and having to be put down.
(d) The story of Genesis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disaster befalls Troyes in 1184?
2. What is NOT a common punishment for crime in Troyes?
3. How does an apprentice become a master?
4. What does the bell founder do to show his pride in making bells?
5. Which author is depended upon for the central texts to teach rhetoric in the cathedral school?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)