|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Chapter 16, After 1250.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A student at a university studies for how many years, typically?
2. Why are Jews in a precarious position in Troyes?
(a) Their temples are constantly vandalized.
(b) Royals may decree to ban Jews at any time.
(c) The Jews depend on the spice trade, which is sometimes interrupted.
(d) The Church actively hunts Jews in order to convert them.
3. What is the literal translation of Rutebeuf?
(a) Sex-changing hyena.
(b) Rough ox.
(c) Red beef.
(d) Rude bagel.
4. When a siege occurs, who generally has the advantage?
(a) The Church.
(b) The city inhabitants.
(c) Neither have an advantage.
(d) The attacking army.
5. What kind of detergent is used for laundry time?
(a) Crushed rose petals and cream.
(c) Soap and ashes.
(d) Soap only.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1250, church organs had which of the following characteristics?
2. What distinguishes the Germanic legacy of justice?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons one might make a pilgrimage?
4. What is the highest title a merchant can hope to obtain?
5. Why is pepper a highly-valued spice?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)