|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Chapter 16, After 1250.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only types of people not allowed to be married?
(b) The extremely poor.
2. What did a doctor do for common wound and injuries?
(a) Applied a binding to the wound, and kept it clean and sterile.
(b) Appealed to God in a prayer to cure the wound.
(c) Melted candle wax and applied it to the wound.
(d) Placed a ruby on the wrist for relief of pain.
3. Who lives in the attic of a home?
(a) The children.
(b) Servants and apprentices.
(c) The burgher and his wife.
(d) The attic is a guest room for customers.
4. Which historical figure first encourages the merchant fairs of Troyes?
(b) The Bishop of Canterbury.
(c) Chretien de Troyes.
(d) Thibaut the Great.
5. Why don't the merchants use carts on the way to Troyes?
(a) They are much more expensive than using pack animals.
(b) Carts can be easily stolen.
(c) Carts are considered bad luck.
(d) Their wheels can get stuck in the muddy roads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert le Bougre?
2. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in siege mining?
3. What is a thema, in the religious sense?
4. Why is curriculum referred to as the liberal arts?
5. What is usury?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)