|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a typical woman's education compare with a typical man's education?
(a) Women are generally more educated than men.
(b) Women and men have the same level of education.
(c) Women are generally less educated than men.
(d) A man's and woman's education are so different, they are impossible to compare.
2. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
(a) Servants chop and blanch vegetables.
(b) The wife must visit the butcher's to select a meat.
(c) Food must be taken to the cathedral to be blessed.
(d) Meats must be roasted in a communal oven.
3. Why don't the merchants use carts on the way to Troyes?
(a) Carts are considered bad luck.
(b) Their wheels can get stuck in the muddy roads.
(c) Carts can be easily stolen.
(d) They are much more expensive than using pack animals.
4. The wool in Troyes primarily comes from which region?
(a) North Africa.
5. How is a baby dressed until it can walk?
(a) With a loose-fitting dress.
(b) The baby is left naked until it can walk.
(c) With very tight wrappings.
(d) All in white, in the hopes that a witch cannot hurt him/her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do craftsmen frequently work in full view of the public?
2. How many deniers make up one shilling?
3. What might a dying man request as a form of penitence?
4. Why are soldiers hired by merchants on the way to the fair at Troyes?
5. Approximately how many doctors are there in the Troyes of 1250?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)