|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do diners wipe their mouths during dinner?
(a) With a napkin.
(b) With their sleeve.
(c) With the tablecloth.
(d) With their hand.
2. Why are Jews in a precarious position in Troyes?
(a) Their temples are constantly vandalized.
(b) Royals may decree to ban Jews at any time.
(c) The Church actively hunts Jews in order to convert them.
(d) The Jews depend on the spice trade, which is sometimes interrupted.
3. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
(a) Two and a half.
(c) They share a one-story home with another burgher.
4. What is consanguinity?
(a) The amount of blood-relatedness between two people.
(b) An ingredient used to tan an animal's hide.
(c) Forbidden and demonic blood magic.
(d) A popular alcoholic beverage.
5. When is a child baptized ideally?
(a) At one year of age.
(b) At two weeks' of age.
(c) On the first day of birth.
(d) On their fifth birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does an apprentice become a master?
2. Which of the following is NOT a member category in a guild?
3. What is the church's position on most games and entertainments?
4. What is a superstition about childbirth mentioned in the text?
5. What is a "commune" as defined by this book?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)