|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
(a) The wife must visit the butcher's to select a meat.
(b) Meats must be roasted in a communal oven.
(c) Food must be taken to the cathedral to be blessed.
(d) Servants chop and blanch vegetables.
2. How much time does an apprentice generally spend learning his craft?
(a) 6 months to 1 year.
(b) 3 months to 6 months.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 4 to 12 years.
3. Why do housewives frequently refrain from wearing makeup or wigs?
(a) There is a common fear that such "disguises" bring bad luck.
(b) Makeup and wigs contain unhealthy and allergic materials.
(c) Burghers prefer their wives to be natural beauties.
(d) The wearing of make up or wigs is frowned upon by the church.
4. When is a child baptized ideally?
(a) At one year of age.
(b) On the first day of birth.
(c) At two weeks' of age.
(d) On their fifth birthday.
5. How wide are Troyes' city walls?
(a) 1 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do craftsmen frequently work in full view of the public?
2. Who lives in the Count's Castle?
3. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
4. How is a baby dressed until it can walk?
5. According to the manners of the time, how should bread be consumed?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)