|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a woman in 1250 NOT allowed to do?
(a) Vote on local political matters.
(b) Own property.
(c) File lawsuits.
(d) Make wills.
2. Who are the only types of people not allowed to be married?
(c) The extremely poor.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the tools of a midwife?
(a) A hammer and awl.
(b) Magical intonations.
(c) Jasper stone.
(d) Soothing words.
4. Which of the following is an ideal quality of a wet nurse?
(a) A thorough understanding of Latin and Greek.
(b) The ability to play the lute.
(c) Intense powers of concentration.
(d) A strictly regimented diet.
5. Why do craftsmen frequently work in full view of the public?
(a) So that everyone can see their skill.
(b) Because that is church policy.
(c) In a show of honesty required by the merchants' guild.
(d) Because that is the policy of the Count of Champagne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a wet nurse?
2. Who lives in the Count's Castle?
3. What city is the central subject of the book?
4. According to medieval medicine, how many "humors" are there in the body?
5. When is a Caesarian section typically performed in the case of a woman giving birth?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)