|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the Count's Castle?
(a) The Viscount.
(b) No one.
(c) The Bishop of Troyes.
(d) The Count of Champagne.
2. How many deniers make up one shilling?
3. Which of the following is NOT a function of guilds?
(a) They increase the Church's power because of endowments.
(b) They increase earnings of guild members.
(c) They ensure qualities and standards.
(d) They restrict competition.
4. What two general sections is Troyes divided into?
(a) The Latin quarter and the French quarter.
(b) The old city and the new city.
(c) The north and the south.
(d) The east and the west.
5. How is wire made by a blacksmith?
(a) Sending metal through a complicated system of grates.
(b) Manual twisting with tongs.
(c) By sending metal through smaller and smaller holes.
(d) A mill wheel-type device that crushes metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is usury?
2. What is the widely-accepted currency in Troyes?
3. How did doctors describe the cause of illnesses in the 13th century?
4. According to the manners of the time, how should bread be consumed?
5. What does a midwife do?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)