|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a typical mattress made of in 1250?
(b) Goose feathers.
(d) Flour stuffed in sacks.
2. How did doctors describe the cause of illnesses in the 13th century?
(a) Disease might arise from an imbalance in the fluids of the body.
(b) Disease is the result of contact with unhealthy metals.
(c) Disease is a result of viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
(d) Disease is an act of God, and requires no rational explanation.
3. How is mental illness treated by medieval doctors?
(a) As a religious problem, and therefore not treatable.
(b) With bedrest and counseling.
(c) With magical intonations.
(d) With lobotomies.
4. What might a dying man request as a form of penitence?
(a) To be set upon a raft made out of ebony wood.
(b) To drink the blood of an ox.
(c) To lie down on a hair cloth.
(d) To dip his coins and other property into a vat of boiling oil.
5. What does a fuller do?
(a) He digs graves.
(b) He spins cotton into pieces of clothing.
(c) He removes wool of its impurities.
(d) He treats yarn to give it firmness and body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the city of Troyes are Jews located in?
2. What is the donjon of the Count's Castle used for?
3. The wool in Troyes primarily comes from which region?
4. Which might be a restriction against two people being married?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the tools of a midwife?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)