|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the widely-accepted currency in Troyes?
2. What is usury?
(a) The process by which raw wool becomes sellable wool.
(b) A material used to stuff mattresses.
(c) The ability to use a church structure for ceremonies.
(d) Lending money at exorbitant rates of interest.
3. What color is a burgher's house covered in upon his death?
4. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
(a) They share a one-story home with another burgher.
(d) Two and a half.
5. Why must the housewife be especially careful in selecting food from the market?
(a) Many merchants try to dilute their goods to increase their profit.
(b) Their burgher husbands have very particular tastes.
(c) Poisonous food is rampant in the area.
(d) Food prices vary greatly depending on market conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enjoys the right of coinage?
2. What does a tanner use to soften an animal's hide?
3. How many leper's colonies existed in France around 1250?
4. What time period is covered by the book?
5. What does a fuller do?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)