|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall are Troyes' city walls?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 30 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
2. Who are the only types of people not allowed to be married?
(a) The extremely poor.
3. What is a woman in 1250 NOT allowed to do?
(a) File lawsuits.
(b) Own property.
(c) Make wills.
(d) Vote on local political matters.
4. Why is it wise to restrict a baby's movements after birth, according to medieval wisdom?
(a) A moving baby might twist and deform its own limbs.
(b) Demons will be able to more easily track a moving baby.
(c) The various humors (fluids) in a baby must have time to settle.
(d) A moving baby will make for an impetuous, nervous adult.
5. How does an apprentice become a master?
(a) In a church ritual.
(b) By earning their master's degree.
(c) By the retirement or death of their master.
(d) By creating a masterpiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period is covered by the book?
2. When is a child baptized ideally?
3. Who lives in the "old city?"
4. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
5. Who lives in the attic of a home?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)