|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does an apprentice become a master?
(a) In a church ritual.
(b) By earning their master's degree.
(c) By creating a masterpiece.
(d) By the retirement or death of their master.
2. Which of the following is an ideal quality of a wet nurse?
(a) Intense powers of concentration.
(b) The ability to play the lute.
(c) A strictly regimented diet.
(d) A thorough understanding of Latin and Greek.
3. When is a child baptized ideally?
(a) On their fifth birthday.
(b) At one year of age.
(c) At two weeks' of age.
(d) On the first day of birth.
4. In 1250, who lives in the Viscount's Tower?
(a) Several merchant families.
(b) The Bishop of Troyes.
(c) The Viscount.
(d) The Count of Champagne.
5. What does a tanner use to soften an animal's hide?
(a) Sugar water.
(b) Ethyl alcohol.
(c) Oil of peppermint.
(d) Fermented bran juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period is covered by the book?
2. According to ideal notions of beauty, how should skin appear to be considered beautiful?
3. Why are soldiers hired by merchants on the way to the fair at Troyes?
4. Why do craftsmen frequently work in full view of the public?
5. How do diners wipe their mouths during dinner?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)