|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might a pregnant woman influence the sex of her infant child, according to the prevailing wisdom?
(a) Orientation of the woman in relation to the north pole influences sex of the child.
(b) Sleeping on one side or the other can influence sex.
(c) Temperature of the woman influences sex of the child, and as such it is closely monitored.
(d) Eating a diet dominated by lamb usually results in having a girl.
2. What is "churching?"
(a) The process of going house to house caroling during Christmas.
(b) The process involving a lay person joining the church clergy.
(c) The process of baptizing a stillborn child.
(d) The process whereby a recently pregnant woman is allowed back into society.
3. What structure is common to all floors of a burghers' home?
(a) A mattress.
(b) A statue of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A large fireplace.
(d) A rectangular eating table.
4. Who is a wet nurse?
(a) A woman who nurses another woman's baby.
(b) A doctor specializing in the fluids of the body.
(c) A woman who attends to drowning victims.
(d) A magician who lives in the swamp.
5. What is NOT an activity commonly performed by jongleurs?
(a) Holding political debates.
(b) Telling stories of histories and legends.
(c) Doing magic tricks.
(d) Playing instruments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
2. Which might be a restriction against two people being married?
3. What is a consignment?
4. When is a child baptized ideally?
5. What does a fuller do?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)