|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is usury?
(a) Lending money at exorbitant rates of interest.
(b) The ability to use a church structure for ceremonies.
(c) A material used to stuff mattresses.
(d) The process by which raw wool becomes sellable wool.
2. What are the majority of homes in Troyes made from?
3. What is the donjon of the Count's Castle used for?
(a) To imprison political prisoners and debtors.
(b) It is home to many merchant families.
(c) Ceremonies and jousting tournaments.
4. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in the preparation of a typical dinner?
(a) Servants chop and blanch vegetables.
(b) Food must be taken to the cathedral to be blessed.
(c) The wife must visit the butcher's to select a meat.
(d) Meats must be roasted in a communal oven.
5. What color is a burgher's house covered in upon his death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the right of coinage?
2. When is a Caesarian section typically performed in the case of a woman giving birth?
3. The wool in Troyes primarily comes from which region?
4. When is a child baptized ideally?
5. What is the solar?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)