|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a function of guilds?
(a) They increase earnings of guild members.
(b) They increase the Church's power because of endowments.
(c) They ensure qualities and standards.
(d) They restrict competition.
2. Why do craftsmen frequently work in full view of the public?
(a) Because that is the policy of the Count of Champagne.
(b) So that everyone can see their skill.
(c) Because that is church policy.
(d) In a show of honesty required by the merchants' guild.
3. How often does the typical city dweller in 1250 take a bath?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
4. Prior to Roman conquest, what state is modern-day France in?
(a) It is primarily wilderness, dotted by a few small villages.
(b) It is rich and fertile farmland, populated by large plantations.
(c) It is populated with Vandals, and features several large cities.
(d) It is not inhabited by more than a few criminals and gypsies.
5. Who are the only types of people not allowed to be married?
(d) The extremely poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the solar?
2. What is the widely-accepted currency in Troyes?
3. How much time does an apprentice generally spend learning his craft?
4. Which of the following is NOT a member category in a guild?
5. Who lives in the Count's Castle?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)