|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure is common to all floors of a burghers' home?
(a) A rectangular eating table.
(b) A mattress.
(c) A statue of the Virgin Mary.
(d) A large fireplace.
2. What is the solar?
(a) Dining hall.
(c) Cloak room.
3. What is the donjon of the Count's Castle used for?
(a) It is home to many merchant families.
(c) To imprison political prisoners and debtors.
(d) Ceremonies and jousting tournaments.
4. Why don't the merchants use carts on the way to Troyes?
(a) Carts are considered bad luck.
(b) They are much more expensive than using pack animals.
(c) Their wheels can get stuck in the muddy roads.
(d) Carts can be easily stolen.
5. What is a "commune" as defined by this book?
(a) A religious monastery.
(b) A building where merchants may buy and sell wares.
(c) The city structure arising from a negotiation between merchant burghers and the feudal lord.
(d) The twice-yearly merchant fair held at Troyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period is covered by the book?
2. How tall are Troyes' city walls?
3. Prior to Roman conquest, what state is modern-day France in?
4. What are the majority of homes in Troyes made from?
5. Why are soldiers hired by merchants on the way to the fair at Troyes?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)