|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are soldiers hired by merchants on the way to the fair at Troyes?
(a) As a status symbol.
(b) For the exertion of political power.
(c) To scout out the correct routes.
(d) For protection from bandits.
2. How wide are Troyes' city walls?
(a) 1 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 4 feet.
3. What is a garderobe?
(a) A toilet located next to the sleeping room.
(b) A garden pest that ruins vegetable patches.
(c) A fashionable high-collared dress.
(d) A high official in the Church.
4. Which of the following is NOT done in the counting room?
(a) Greeting of customers.
5. Prior to Roman conquest, what state is modern-day France in?
(a) It is primarily wilderness, dotted by a few small villages.
(b) It is populated with Vandals, and features several large cities.
(c) It is rich and fertile farmland, populated by large plantations.
(d) It is not inhabited by more than a few criminals and gypsies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the Count's Castle?
2. According to the manners of the time, how should bread be consumed?
3. Where are toilets located?
4. What city is the central subject of the book?
5. What is an ecuelle?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)