|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the attic of a home?
(a) Servants and apprentices.
(b) The children.
(c) The burgher and his wife.
(d) The attic is a guest room for customers.
2. What is a "commune" as defined by this book?
(a) The city structure arising from a negotiation between merchant burghers and the feudal lord.
(b) A building where merchants may buy and sell wares.
(c) The twice-yearly merchant fair held at Troyes.
(d) A religious monastery.
3. What is the donjon of the Count's Castle used for?
(b) Ceremonies and jousting tournaments.
(c) It is home to many merchant families.
(d) To imprison political prisoners and debtors.
4. What is the solar?
(a) Cloak room.
(c) Dining hall.
5. How wide are Troyes' city walls?
(a) 4 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 1 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people share a wine cup during dining?
2. How often does the typical city dweller in 1250 take a bath?
3. What are the majority of homes in Troyes made from?
4. Which historical figure first encourages the merchant fairs of Troyes?
5. Who lives in the Count's Castle?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)