|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Latin for "a place where people congregate inside walls?"
2. What is a typical mattress made of in 1250?
(a) Goose feathers.
(b) Flour stuffed in sacks.
3. According to the manners of the time, how should bread be consumed?
(a) It is polite to make loud noises when eating bread.
(b) Bread is reserved as the very last food item consumed.
(c) The pinkie finger must not touch the bread.
(d) It should be broken rather than bitten off.
4. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
(a) They share a one-story home with another burgher.
(b) Two and a half.
5. Where do the burghers get their name?
(a) From the cities they dwell in.
(b) From their reputation as hated money lenders.
(c) From the food they sell within towns.
(d) From the commodities they deal in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to Roman conquest, what state is modern-day France in?
2. What are the majority of homes in Troyes made from?
3. What is the solar?
4. Which of the following is NOT done in the counting room?
5. Who lives in the "old city?"
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)