|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is consanguinity?
(a) An ingredient used to tan an animal's hide.
(b) A popular alcoholic beverage.
(c) The amount of blood-relatedness between two people.
(d) Forbidden and demonic blood magic.
2. In 1250, church organs had which of the following characteristics?
(a) Cumbersome and difficult to play.
(b) The ability to imitate forest animals like birds and bears.
(c) The need for three people to properly operate it.
(d) Very simplistic, and easy to play.
3. According to ideal notions of beauty, how should skin appear to be considered beautiful?
(a) Ruddy and flushed.
(b) Shiny, with a high-gloss sheen.
(c) As white and flawless as possible.
(d) Dark and tanned.
4. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
(b) Two and a half.
(d) They share a one-story home with another burgher.
5. How is time kept throughout the day in Troyes?
(a) The church rings bells every hour on the hour.
(b) The Count's Castle has an official timekeeper.
(c) A large sundial in the middle of town is referred to.
(d) The church rings bells at three-hour intervals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is wire made by a blacksmith?
2. What city is the central subject of the book?
3. How wide are Troyes' city walls?
4. Why is the catapult of the Middles Ages superior to its Roman ancestor?
5. How is a baby dressed until it can walk?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)