|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT an activity commonly performed by jongleurs?
(a) Holding political debates.
(b) Doing magic tricks.
(c) Playing instruments.
(d) Telling stories of histories and legends.
2. What is a superstition about childbirth mentioned in the text?
(a) A jongleur is made to attend the birth to ensure the child has a happy rather than sad disposition.
(b) The time of birth must be recorded exactly, which can be used to predict the child's future.
(c) Very particular lute music is played prior to and during birth, so the child will not be born deaf.
(d) The woman's face is covered with a cloth during childbirth, as it is considered ill fortune for a woman to witness the birth of her own child.
3. Why is curriculum referred to as the liberal arts?
(a) Because cathedral school is free to join.
(b) Because what's taught is not expected to make money.
(c) Because teaching methods are more art than science.
(d) Because education is meant to be applied liberally, to all peoples.
4. What is the donjon of the Count's Castle used for?
(a) Ceremonies and jousting tournaments.
(b) It is home to many merchant families.
(c) To imprison political prisoners and debtors.
5. A student at a university studies for how many years, typically?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the city of Troyes are Jews located in?
2. What is the subject of the playlet, "L'Mystere d' Adam?"
3. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
4. What city is the central subject of the book?
5. How might a pregnant woman influence the sex of her infant child, according to the prevailing wisdom?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)