|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is wire made by a blacksmith?
(a) A mill wheel-type device that crushes metal.
(b) By sending metal through smaller and smaller holes.
(c) Sending metal through a complicated system of grates.
(d) Manual twisting with tongs.
2. In 1250, church organs had which of the following characteristics?
(a) Very simplistic, and easy to play.
(b) Cumbersome and difficult to play.
(c) The need for three people to properly operate it.
(d) The ability to imitate forest animals like birds and bears.
3. What does a midwife do?
(a) She buys food and other household items for the wife.
(b) She is a mistress for the burgher.
(c) She is reported to ward away evil spirits with her relics.
(d) She attends to a pregnant woman and aids her in the birthing process.
4. How is a baby dressed until it can walk?
(a) The baby is left naked until it can walk.
(b) With a loose-fitting dress.
(c) All in white, in the hopes that a witch cannot hurt him/her.
(d) With very tight wrappings.
5. Where do the burghers get their name?
(a) From the food they sell within towns.
(b) From the commodities they deal in.
(c) From their reputation as hated money lenders.
(d) From the cities they dwell in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Jews in a precarious position in Troyes?
2. What is a superstition about childbirth mentioned in the text?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons one might make a pilgrimage?
4. Approximately how long does the Bible take to transcribe?
5. The wool in Troyes primarily comes from which region?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)