|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time does an apprentice generally spend learning his craft?
(a) 6 months to 1 year.
(b) 4 to 12 years.
(c) 1 to 2 years.
(d) 3 months to 6 months.
2. What is NOT an activity commonly performed by jongleurs?
(a) Playing instruments.
(b) Telling stories of histories and legends.
(c) Doing magic tricks.
(d) Holding political debates.
3. There is a revival of theater in the 13th century. Where does it start?
(a) The private homes of burghers.
(b) At the market.
(c) The Church.
(d) The town square.
4. How does an apprentice become a master?
(a) By the retirement or death of their master.
(b) In a church ritual.
(c) By creating a masterpiece.
(d) By earning their master's degree.
5. What is a consignment?
(a) The process in which the church appoints a bishop to a particular town.
(b) The right to purchase all the wool for a particular person or organization.
(c) A process in which wine is distilled.
(d) The property given over from the bride's family to the groom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chretien de Troyes' works are the basis for what legend?
2. What is the Chartres mile?
3. Which author is depended upon for the central texts to teach rhetoric in the cathedral school?
4. Why don't the merchants use carts on the way to Troyes?
5. What were the two French languages of the 13th century?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)