|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT done in the counting room?
(b) Greeting of customers.
2. Wealthy burghers can expect to have a home of how many stories?
(c) Two and a half.
(d) They share a one-story home with another burgher.
3. Who is a wet nurse?
(a) A magician who lives in the swamp.
(b) A woman who attends to drowning victims.
(c) A woman who nurses another woman's baby.
(d) A doctor specializing in the fluids of the body.
4. Why don't the merchants use carts on the way to Troyes?
(a) Their wheels can get stuck in the muddy roads.
(b) Carts can be easily stolen.
(c) Carts are considered bad luck.
(d) They are much more expensive than using pack animals.
5. Why does construction of cathedrals often stop for extended periods of time?
(a) Cathedrals are costly, and money often runs out.
(b) Stone is in scarce supply.
(c) The construction schedule is set for religious reasons.
(d) Princes often stop construction by royal decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is a Caesarian section typically performed in the case of a woman giving birth?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the five universities of northwest Europe as of 1250?
3. According to ideal notions of beauty, how should skin appear to be considered beautiful?
4. Where are toilets located?
5. Which of the following is NOT a step taken in siege mining?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)