Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2
1. What time period is covered by the book?
(a) From 250 BC to 800 AD.
(b) From the time of Socrates to the time of the American Revolution.
(c) From Roman times to the middle of the 13th century.
(d) From 800 AD to 900 AD.
2. What city is the central subject of the book?
3. Prior to Roman conquest, what state is modern-day France in?
(a) It is rich and fertile farmland, populated by large plantations.
(b) It is primarily wilderness, dotted by a few small villages.
(c) It is populated with Vandals, and features several large cities.
(d) It is not inhabited by more than a few criminals and gypsies.
4. Where do the burghers get their name?
(a) From the food they sell within towns.
(b) From the commodities they deal in.
(c) From their reputation as hated money lenders.
(d) From the cities they dwell in.
5. What is Latin for "a place where people congregate inside walls?"
This section contains 5,444 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)